I have had AWFUL double typing on my AT&T Passport the past few months. I know many others have experienced the same. I was giving BlackBerry one more month to solve the issue with a software update before calling AT&T for a replacement unit.

The fix is hear. The latest leaked OS (10.3.2.2639) fixes the DT issue. Finally. For those that do not like leaks, I hope this update gets pushed to all users ASAP.

Finally the DT is gone!

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2639 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    Sakura1210, sirius27 and anischab like this.
    08-27-15 10:55 PM
    I have had AWFUL double typing on my AT&T Passport the past few months. I know many others have experienced the same. I was giving BlackBerry one more month to solve the issue with a software update before calling AT&T for a replacement unit.

The fix is hear. The latest leaked OS (10.3.2.2639) fixes the DT issue. Finally. For those that do not like leaks, I hope this update gets pushed to all users ASAP.

Finally the DT is gone!

you should be posting this in the thread , more people will see it.
    08-27-15 10:57 PM
    you should be posting this in the thread , more people will see it.
    I did so already. Posting here as well for passport users that do not visit the leaks forum.

08-27-15 10:58 PM
    I hope you're right! I guess I'll have to fire up the Passport this weekend and give it a try.

Sent from my  Classic
    08-27-15 11:20 PM
    Really. So that is the software issue then. Now it is gone

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 11:25 PM
    Double typing is not a software issue. There was once a bug but I believe it was for one release. For the most part it's a hardware issue and they are trying to get the software to watch for buttons misbehaving and not have them repeat on the screen. It's not a real fix, your keyboards busted and it needs to be replaced.

A mechanical fault with a software fix, if you will.

Posted via CB10
    southlander, leoip and Sakura1210 like this.
    08-28-15 12:55 AM
    I'm pretty sure the double typing is hardware failure, which has so far been remedied on my Silver Edition Passport.
    08-28-15 01:15 AM
    That's good news! It will be interesting to see whether the Q10 users also find the new update fixing their DT problem. So far I have only seen comments regarding the Passport.
    08-28-15 01:34 AM
    It is hardware related instead of software.

Posted via Classic
    08-28-15 02:09 AM
    They may have been able to detect double types and filter them out in software..
    08-28-15 02:15 AM
    For me, double typing was a software issue. Nothing for months, load a new OS and bang start having many keys double typing immediately. Calls to BlackBerry, keyboard tests and log analysis all showed keyboard is fine. Load this OS last night and not a single double typing now. Keys like my "a" which use to double and triple type EVERY time now work perfectly. Been testing last night and again early this am. NOTHING. So happy, my Passport is back to peak efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    ettorwe likes this.
    08-28-15 05:31 AM
    It is hardware related instead of software.

Posted via Classic
    Well it solved it for me.

From my Jamaican Passport
    vanrickman likes this.
    08-28-15 05:44 AM
    We will see if more people get fixed.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 09:14 AM
    This topic always makes me laugh. Yes, it is a hardware issue. All physical keyboards (even on your Mac and PC) have the issue of bounce/debounce. See the definition here:

What is debouncing? - Definition from WhatIs.com

It is not a faulty keyboard and replacing it will only have the issue return. All keyboards have this "problem". The OS software is responsible for filtering out this "problem". It seems that BlackBerry have not mastered this 100% yet.

When I went to OS 10.3.2.2339, the problem immediately was reduced by 99%. I still get the rare, occasional double-type. Maybe once a week at most and autocorrect usually catches it. So I don't even think about it anymore.

Some keyboards might be more prone to this, so the OS doesn't filter out the double-type as well. But successive OS releases will fix it.

DO NOT REPLACE YOUR KEYBOARD WHEN THE FIX IS SOFTWARE.
    08-28-15 09:50 AM
    Please update information for us when you do your updating

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:21 PM
    Really. So that is the software issue then. Now it is gone

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps software can work around it somehow, but the root of the issue as described by others on here is the metal domes under the keys are not properly aligned. A real fix is a new keyboard or a new phone without the flaw.
    08-28-15 01:24 PM
    Perhaps software can work around it somehow, but the root of the issue as described by others on here is the metal domes under the keys are not properly aligned. A real fix is a new keyboard or a new phone without the flaw.
    Yes, the root cause is hardware, but all keyboards have this issue. It's not a flaw, it's just that the varying pressure on the keys, results in varying forces across the surface area of the contacts result in multiple inputs over a short span of time.

The fix will never be hardware, at least not for long. It has to be an OS fix that looks for multiple inputs in a short period of time and ignore all but one.

If the OS didn't deal with this, every keyboard on the planet would cause double typing.
    08-28-15 01:32 PM
    ,jo i'?x. -, j swjjjisa=>

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:48 PM
    ki; ;@; k#7

g bz,X,f fn

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:49 PM
    So you mean DT is mainly because of hardware? Do you have that problem and get fixed by changing the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 03:27 PM
    So you mean DT is mainly because of hardware? Do you have that problem and get fixed by changing the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    Double-typing is ALWAYS because of the hardware. All hardware will always eventually double-type. The solution is software.

Changing the keyboard may work for a while, but the issue will always come back unless the software can recognise the debounce issue.

Don't waste your time with changing the keyboard. It's a temporary fix.
    08-28-15 03:30 PM
    So far no double typing issue detected since the upgrade.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    08-28-15 03:34 PM
    Double-typing is ALWAYS because of the hardware. All hardware will always eventually double-type. The solution is software.

Changing the keyboard may work for a while, but the issue will always come back unless the software can recognise the debounce issue.

Ok. I am kind of less worried now. Cause I just started to have issue DT

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 03:46 PM

You confused me when you say hardware but software for fix. Do I need to change to another unit and wait for the update? Cause I am still in the 30 days. Cause you say it is because of harware then I have a bad keyboard then??? Sorry I am so new to this.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 03:50 PM
    You confused me when you say hardware but software for fix. Do I need to change to another unit and wait for the update? Cause I am still in the 30 days. Cause you say it is because of harware then I have a bad keyboard then??? Sorry I am so new to this.

Posted via CB10
    ALL keyboards have this issue. Even your PC keyboard. For some reason BlackBerry can't get the OS right. Maybe because BlackBerry keyboards are so high quality, so precise, with tight tolerances that this issue afflicts BlackBerry. The keyboards are so sensitive to inputs.

Look... if it makes you feel better, get a new device. It will probably be refurbished, and the double-typing issue will still be there.

The OS needs to fix this and it appears to be getting close.
    08-28-15 03:55 PM
63 123