I am so pissed off. The mysterious double-typing issue has struck my 6 month-old Passport. For now, it just seems to be the "y" and "n" keys, but it's enough to reduce the quality of my Passport experience.

It's that feeling you get when something that was once perfect is now flawed and you start to care less about it.

As this gets worse, it will render my Passport unusable.
    06-25-15 01:58 PM
    The same happened to my Passport after more than six months of usage as well. However, for me personally it's not really an issue since it happens so rarely. The 'd' button is the one I've noticed double typing on the most on my Passport... but I can't reproduce it now as it appears to be happening completely randomly. I still love my Passport just as much, and think it is the best smartphone in the world. I wouldn't change it for any other phone. I only hope that BlackBerry will release a successor at one point! Anything other than an improved Passport would be a downgrade, in my opinion.

Btw, I wrote this without any double typing incidents

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 02:26 PM
    Please see my thread, and start documenting with screencapture videos: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...video-1023307/
    06-25-15 02:52 PM
    I really hope that it does not happen to me. Sad for you guys having this issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 03:54 PM
    My double typing issue is now gone. Ever since I moved to 10.3.2, I haven't had a single issue.

Software fix for a hardware problem?

Anyway, back to being happy with my Passport.
    07-22-15 02:51 AM
    My double typing issue is now gone. Ever since I moved to 10.3.2, I haven't had a single issue.

Anyway, back to being happy with my Passport.
    Good to hear!

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    07-22-15 03:29 AM
    Oh nnnno. Yyyyet it doesnnt seem to be happennnning with mine yyet
    BirdBruce likes this.
    07-22-15 10:04 AM
    Well, just sent mine today for repairs right after 7 months of usage.

This is just crazy.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 10:11 AM
    Oh nnnno. Yyyyet it doesnnt seem to be happennnning with mine yyet
    Yup, the overused ********* reply to the double typing issue. Hope we don't have the last laugh.
    07-22-15 10:33 AM
    To be frank (and I am not) I does happen to mine occasionally already. I have just upgraded to 10.3.2 so will see if it continues.

Sorry to try to inject humour into the discussion. I forgot that was frowned on here
    07-22-15 10:36 AM
    Just send it for warranty. What's the big deal.
    07-22-15 10:40 AM
    Sorry to try to inject humour into the discussion. I forgot that was frowned on here
    Humour's fine, just use something original next time
    07-22-15 10:40 AM
    I've had this manifest very seldomly on the r, d and c keys. It seems now the r and d have stopped and I'm noticing the "c" only.

However, I'm having trouble solely blaming the phone as I have a bit of a tremor in my left hand, I've actually caught my thumb doing the double tap on the top two rows of keys. The only key I actually consciously know my thumb didn't double tap is the "c" key.

To add to the confusion, while on vacation I had a beef dip and slopped some gravy in the general area of the "c" key. Now afraid if it is indeed the dreaded double type and it gets worse, I will send the phone in and they will say "Nope, gravy."

I suppose I will continue to monitor. If it doesn't get worse I will conclude I have tremor thumb and gravy "c".

And no I am not joking.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 11:41 AM
    I had very little of that but with the last 2 updates I have gotten it a lot more. Shame
    07-22-15 03:14 PM
    First class phone, second class build... pfft !!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:50 PM
    Glad nothing here yet. Q10 developed it after about 15 months of heavy usage and after the keys had gone soft.

I think there's a bit more hardness left in my Passport keys, despite prolific posting, and emailing... :-)

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-22-15 06:48 PM
    I got the double typing too a little while ago but just updated to 10.3.2 so we'll see if that fixed it.

Very small sample size but so far so good
    07-22-15 09:30 PM

I think it was a combination as another poster alluded to in another thread.

If I understand correctly, it was an issue when the keys would get stuck ever so slightly on the upstroke after pressing it. This sticking motion was enough to cause the software to read it as another press of the button.

So I theorize that what BlackBerry did was extend the time between keystrokes. It was too short before. But it might cause problems for blazing fast typers...though I doubt anyone outside of the robot would type that fast.
    07-22-15 09:38 PM
    I haven't had it on my 8 month old device. But I'm about to do an insurance claim because I dropped the phone, and my screen has cracked. Device still works!

I hope my new Passport won't have the double typing issues.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    07-22-15 09:40 PM
    The only problem with sending in for a warranty claim is that they might send you a refurb that is worse than what you had

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-22-15 09:53 PM
    The only problem with sending in for a warranty claim is that they might send you a refurb that is worse than what you had

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    I sent mine in on an advance exchange and they do send you a refurb.

I was concerned but upon receipt of the unit, all fears were gone. The unit was pretty much new with no marks. The keyboard issue was resolved.

Even the keypad seemed better aligned than my own I got new.

I'm sure after six months and our warranty expires, the unit will do the same thing again.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 10:36 PM
    Just curious: is anyone who is experiencing double typing using an AT&T model (-3)? Wondering if this is an issue exclusive to one build or another. Been lucky with avoiding screen lift so far, so fingers crossed....

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    07-22-15 10:46 PM
    Just curious: is anyone who is experiencing double typing using an AT&T model (-3)? Wondering if this is an issue exclusive to one build or another. Been lucky with avoiding screen lift so far, so fingers crossed....

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    Sadly, it also happens with the AT&T's model. It was reported by a user in another topic (with the video showing the double typing issue).
    07-23-15 05:09 AM
    I have it ever so rarely too. And it seems to be since upgrading to 10.3.2, (coincidence or just starting to show wear? Not sure) which is odd considering others have reported it going away since 10.3.2. Like I said, it is very rare but doesn't really bother me, still lovin' my chunky beast!!!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    07-23-15 06:03 AM
    I still have it on 2339 but a lot less. Most common letters are n and i

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 09:14 AM
33 12