Hello there, I am just wondering whether the double typing issue which is now happening on my Passport, is covered by the warranty?

What kind of experiences have people had from Rim/blackberry over this issue?

Cheers Greig

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 07:48 AM
    I want to say that people have gotten replacements for those devices.
    09-16-15 08:12 AM
    I haave heaardd of peeople getting replacementts through their carriers (typically no questions asked), but I'm nott sure about BlackBerry's warranty policiees if you bought your device directly through them.

I prefer to change the keyboard myself. I've done it foour times already. Iif you can't telll, I needd to do it again.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 that is plagued with double typing AGAIN
    09-16-15 09:18 AM
    I haave heaardd of peeople getting replacementts through their carriers (typically no questions asked), but I'm nott sure about BlackBerry's warranty policiees if you bought your device directly through them.

I prefer to change the keyboard myself. I've done it foour times already. Iif you can't telll, I needd to do it again.

Woah :O have you tried the latest update (.2639)? Seems to have helped with a lot of the DT issues. Although I see evidence of it returning sometimes with my C key

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    09-16-15 10:38 AM

If you have had to do this four times already which I find ridiculous, why not open up a lawsuit against BlackBerry? This is really unacceptable.

 вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    09-16-15 10:44 AM
    Woah :O have you tried the latest update (.2639)? Seems to have helped with a lot of the DT issues. Although I see evidence of it returning sometimes with my C key

Then frankly it has not been fixed with the update. So I will revert to calling AT&T and see what they can do.
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 09-17-15 at 01:03 PM.
    09-17-15 12:49 PM
    Still double typing issues on the BBP on AT&T. Very annoying especially if you type fast. I tried slowing down same result. The entire reason for getting back hard keys was to eliminate typos from all touch screens when typing frequently. Now I'm experiencing more typos than ever with hard keys. Ridiculous. Im calling AT&T for a replacement...Im not sure if this will help though. Hoping they send me a non faulty device. It better not be re-furbished either

Note: They are sending me a Certified New device. Basically means rebfirb! I dont like that. But will see.
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 09-17-15 at 01:23 PM.
    09-17-15 12:53 PM

I'm on AT&T's official 10.3.2.556 right now. Software has never fixed the problem for me. Maybe I will try a leaked software.

Replacing the keyboard fixed it for me every time.
    09-24-15 02:25 PM
    That's definitely a yes

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 02:26 PM
    If you have had to do this four times already which I find ridiculous, why not open up a lawsuit against BlackBerry? This is really unacceptable.

 вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    It is unacceptable. If I didn't love BB10 or a physical keyboard so much, I would jump ship after my Q10. Looks like I might have to hold onto it even longer (and go through many more keyboards) if there is no BB10 version of the slider.
    09-24-15 02:28 PM
    I had DT on three Q10's, two Q10's were replaced under warranty, the third was no longer under warranty and replaced the keyboard myself.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-24-15 02:43 PM
    Can someone easily explain to me, what exactly 'double typing' is?
    I have my first BlackBerry since July 27 - a Q10 and since 4 weeks a PP, have been reading here a lot about it but sorry cannot figure out what exactly it's supposed to be!!?

...hm their are no stupid questions, my grand father said...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 04:06 PM
    you get two letters with one key press on some keys, sometimes, but with latest update, seems fixed
    09-24-15 04:47 PM
    you get two letters with one key press on some keys, sometimes, but with latest update, seems fixed
    Tku - two same letter of that pressed key, though - right?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 05:01 PM
    Nimra, you are correct. Two of the same letter you are typing. This last update has fixed that issue for most folks. However, if you use your fingernails to type, that can cause double typing due to inconsistent pressure.

Posted via CB10
    nimra likes this.
    09-25-15 12:42 PM
    Tku! So this is finally defined and clear to me!

Well I use my fingers to type, but sometimes, I wasn't too sure if I got two keys when two letters ; different ones ; came onto the screen, so this is not doubletypping but my still need of improvement on my skills!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 02:50 PM

The passport is not a q10, replacing the keyboard is heck of a task, and the keyboard assembly is way too expensive.
    09-26-15 12:28 AM
    The passport is not a q10, replacing the keyboard is heck of a task, and the keyboard assembly is way too expensive.
    I hadn't thought of the price of the Passport keyboard. A Q10 keybord goes for 10 USD or less on eBay/Amazon.

I don't understand why they made it so complicated to replace the keyboard. On the Bold 9900, all you had to do was remove the plastic chin and take out two screws. It's way more complicated on the Q10 (you need to take the entire device apart), and from what you said, I'm guessing the Passport is just as bad (if not worse). With 35 keys that could possibly go wrong on the traditional BlackBerry keyboard, it should be the easiest thing to do.
    09-26-15 02:28 PM