The unfortunate thing is: it starts, but really just shouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-29-15 04:39 PM
    The unfortunate thing is: it starts, but really just shouldn't.

Fortunately the fix is easy. Just return it under warranty repair.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't have the unit.
    And sadly, that's not really a fix. This strategy isn't ideal, just my opinion.

05-30-15 01:39 AM
    I don't have the unit.

Well it is a fix as the issue gets resolved so from a basic sense I believe it's addressed.

BlackBerry may have also upgraded the keyboard design. This we can't proove unless we rip our units apart which I am not willing to do. LOL

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:42 AM
    Well ...

BlackBerry may ...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it would be respectable if they will simply rectify the issue.

05-30-15 08:47 AM
    Just so the doubters know, BlackBerry agreed to replace my Passport for double typing defects after analyzing the bug reports I sent to them.

I am glade BlackBerry is dealing with the issue professionally, but from what I read here and my personal experience, this Passport will be my last physical keyboard device. And I hope the replacement will last at least until the slider came out.

A question for Q10 users who experienced this problem before, I remember reading that BlackBerry had a recalibrated version of Q10 keyboard after the double typing issue was recognized on Q10, did that resolve the problem and make Q10 keyboards lasting longer than 6 months?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't call the process easy for me but I can't blame BlackBerry neither.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 12:40 PM
    I don't have the unit.

Sent from my iPHONE using Tapatalk
    Your name must be Debbie and you're from down under right??

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-30-15 08:56 PM
    Your name must be Debbie and you're from down under right??

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    As you wish.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:33 AM
    Want to give everyone an update with my quest for warranty repair (keeping all double-types in this post to show what's going on, although I bet nnone will happen right nnow...haha, look at that!)

So, my situation is weird. On April 4th I purcchased this AT&T Passport brand nnew and sealed off a seller on eBbay. It was indeed brand new, and the first thing I did was get it unlocked from AT&T.

Less than two months, and the doubble typing began. Otherwise, this device is absolutely flawless.

I'm not an AT&T customer, so I thinnk it will be pointless to go through them. I called BlackBerry support. The rep was nice but said I have to go through point of sale, meaning eBay. I said that's ridiculous, and that hardware is hardware. You should back the hardware regardless of where it purchased it, especially for it being this new.

I ended up sending him screenshots of BBVE showing no issues (of course), and sent him logs. He said he'll give me a call back in a few days and escalated a ticket.

If they say there's nothing they can do, I will then call AT&T and see if I can get anywhere with them. I doubt it because I'm not a customer and I wasn't the original purchaser.

I may contact the eBay seller and ask him for a copy of the receipt so I can have documentation when speaking with AT&T.

Last case scenario, I'll see what options I have with PayPal and eBay. 2 months in on a brand new device, I should be able to get hardware warrantied. If it was used, that's one thing. But it was new.

Double typing seemed to let up as I began typing more. Anyone else experience that?

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-31-15 05:57 PM
    Want to give everyone an update with my quest for warranty repair (keeping all double-types in this post to show what's going on, although I bet nnone will happen right nnow...haha, look at that!)

So, my situation is weird. On April 4th I purcchased this AT&T Passport brand nnew and sealed off a seller on eBbay. It was indeed brand new, and the first thing I did was get it unlocked from AT&T.

Less than two months, and the doubble typing began. Otherwise, this device is absolutely flawless.

I'm not an AT&T customer, so I thinnk it will be pointless to go through them. I called BlackBerry support. The rep was nice but said I have to go through point of sale, meaning eBay. I said that's ridiculous, and that hardware is hardware. You should back the hardware regardless of where it purchased it, especially for it being this new.

I ended up sending him screenshots of BBVE showing no issues (of course), and sent him logs. He said he'll give me a call back in a few days and escalated a ticket.

If they say there's nothing they can do, I will then call AT&T and see if I can get anywhere with them. I doubt it because I'm not a customer and I wasn't the original purchaser.

I may contact the eBay seller and ask him for a copy of the receipt so I can have documentation when speaking with AT&T.

Last case scenario, I'll see what options I have with PayPal and eBay. 2 months in on a brand new device, I should be able to get hardware warrantied. If it was used, that's one thing. But it was new.

Double typing seemed to let up as I began typing more. Anyone else experience that?

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Not to say that you are not experiencing double-typing, it's clearly showing in your post. I have experienced double-typing a couple of times but I was the source of the double-typing.

If I have to type a rather large technical report or something, after a while my thumbs would get exhausted and I would start double-typing on my own. Now I just take brief breaks and relax my hands before resuming my work.

Good to see that you are aggressively pursuing service options. Do get that receipt off of the original purchaser. Even if AT&T doesn't help you, the receipt provides a proof of purchase for BlackBerry. And with that in hand, getting help should not be a problem.

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-31-15 06:31 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le.../#post11703674

read the last screenshot, double typing fixed in software
    06-09-15 04:54 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le.../#post11703674

read the last screenshot, double typing fixed in software
    Has the new OS made any difference to the DT issue?
    06-10-15 10:41 AM
    My pp was fine from few months...now suddenly it is double typing. I didnt drop it or anything its just it started all by itself. If it still continues ill move to iphone 6 plus though I love pp

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 11:24 PM
    I haven't had a double type since I installed 10.3.2 a few days ago. My guess is that they lengthened the software debounce filter. The keyboard will free up (get looser) over time. Some keyboards probably loosen more than others (hardware fault). Mine appears to be loose enough to double type in10.3.1, but doesn't under the latest OS.

Has anyone else experienced a lack of double typing - that is they had it before 10.3.2, but don't now? Am I the only lucky one

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-14-15 01:09 AM
    It's better to claim for warranty for now while waiting for BlackBerry to give a solution on OS side. You won't get new replacement phone though, but double type free for sure. Mine just came back from warranty claim few days ago, so far so good.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 02:38 AM
116 ... 345