Agreed. How can one type 'wrong'? It's just pressing the keys!

Posted via CB10
    Looked it up on Wikipedia, its called slomofingeritis, a simple surgical procedure is all that's needed to fix it!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-26-15 10:34 AM
    Is it? Splendid.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:35 PM
    Is it? Splendid.

Posted via CB10
    Is this your area of expertise !! Afterall you're a surgeon aren't you!!

05-26-15 12:40 PM
    Not one person has posted a video of this condition. Why not?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:40 PM
    Likely because like myself, I use the BlackBerry for everything including recording videos.

Typing on it precludes us from taking video of the issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:55 PM
    Not much of an evidence base is it?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:24 PM
    Not much of an evidence base is it?

Posted via CB10
    Trauma,

I don't understand why you would say that.

I provided you with the rationale and the methodological process followed to ascertain what has caused the fault.

The resulting action to address...

....and the fix which worked.

Other have also stated and I agree a worn keyboard along with an OS that doesn't account for it also affects the debounce thus causing double type.

Seems like an open shut case to me.

I don't understand why given the strong case presented why people wouldn't want to have their units replaced especially if it's under warranty!

Whether a video is posted or not is immaterial.

It basically boils down to two questions:

1) do you have the issue and
    2) are you willing to return your unit for replacement under warranty

I believe everyone screaming about Digital River is causing a lot of people not to return for warranty. Yes there are and always will be exception to the rules and bad experiences but that just that... exceptions and not the norm.

Peace

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:49 PM
    That's a good question. Is you sample one owner & one device?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:55 PM
    Not one person has posted a video of this condition. Why not?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1010425

Here are few people that have posted videos. Just browse a few page back. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:07 AM
    Trauma,

I don't understand why you would say that.

I provided you with the rationale and the methodological process followed to ascertain what has caused the fault.

The resulting action to address...and the fix which worked.

Other have also stated and I agree a worn keyboard along with an OS that doesn't account for it also affects the debounce thus causing double type.
    Seems like an open shut case to me.
    I don't understand why given the strong case presented why people wouldn't want to have their units replaced especially if it's under warranty!

Whether a video is posted or not is immaterial.
    It basically boils down to two questions:

1) do you have the issue and
    2) are you willing to return your unit for replacement under warranty

I believe everyone screaming about Digital River is causing a lot of people not to return for warranty. Yes there are and always will be exception to the rules and bad experiences but that just that... exceptions and not the norm.

Peace

Posted via CB10
    I too think that it's a perfectly valid request. After all a visual representation should be quite easy to reproduce and in the end would convince the doubters. Video is always more compelling than hear saying or testimonials.

05-27-15 07:49 PM
    I too think that it's a perfectly valid request. After all a visual representation should be quite easy to reproduce and in the end would convince the doubters. Video is always more compelling than hear saying or testimonials.

You are the only doubter.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:25 PM

I take these doubting comments as an indication that you do not have the issue and as such pen these doubting remarks as if I and the rest of those who have experienced this problem are out of our minds.

Well let me assure you that we are not crazy and we did resolve our issue with a hardware replacement.

What's important is those that have the issue know that a hardware replacement will fix the problem. Don't let the others who post 'noise' confuse you as to what to do.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:34 PM
    You are the only doubter.

Posted via CB10
    Not at all, but I assure you that I am being honest and sincere!!

05-27-15 10:57 PM
    I take these doubting comments as an indication that you do not have the issue and as such pen these doubting remarks as if I and the rest of those who have experienced this problem are out of our minds.

Well let me assure you that we are not crazy and we did resolve our issue with a hardware replacement.

What's important is those that have the issue know that a hardware replacement will fix the problem. Don't let the others who post 'noise' confuse you as to what to do.

Posted via CB10
    Again, not at all, but is it too much to ask to see this occur. Rest assured that I have never seen this happen and I used a Q10 for a year and the half before my 3 months of Passport. My wife has had her Q10 for close to 2 years and no double type. Why so defensive and challenging?? Really!! technical problems for any machines or devices created by humans are bound to happen...I (and others) simply want to see it with our own eyes. Rest assured that we'll be your biggest proponents afterwards !!

05-27-15 11:05 PM
    Well the video will have to come from someone else as my defective machine is long gone back to BlackBerry.

I'm using my replacement unit and it's perfect now.

I wouldn't worry about it. Call yourself and your wife lucky that you don't have this issue.

There is nothing to see that words can't explain.

If you must really know what happens when you have this issue, see this example below...

Iff you have doublee typee issues youu may see something likee thiis

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:13 PM
    Well the video will have to come from someone else as my defective machine is long gone back to BlackBerry.

I'm using my replacement unit and it's perfect now.

I wouldn't worry about it. Call yourself and your wife lucky that you don't have this issue.

There is nothing to see that words can't explain.

If you must really know what happens when you have this issue, see this example below...

Iff you have doublee typee issues youu may see something likee thiis

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your understanding... fortunately for me, my Passport continues to type just fine even after 3 months of extensive use. I wish you the same my fellow PassPorter...Nanoo Nanoo!!

05-27-15 11:38 PM
    I used autoloader 10.3.1.2744 and viola my double typing bug is gone! Only lest is f*cking jerky camera
    05-28-15 08:51 AM
    My double typing is getting a lot worse. It has now spread to many other keys that were fine before. It's definitely an issue, so you people who say it's not need to stop being naive.

The fact that it spreads to other keys that were fine before and increases in frequency is unbelievably strange. I'm downloading an autoloader right now and I'm going to load 10.3.2. Let's see what happens.
    05-29-15 02:47 PM
    Hi Poi25,
    Just a quick question: which version of the Passport do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-29-15 02:51 PM
    Hi Poi25,

AT&T. Was fine for a few months, started only with B, now it's spread to a bunch and is getting pretty ******* annoying.
    05-29-15 03:10 PM
    Hi Poi25,

I'd like to know which one he has as well. I have a Mexico 6 from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 03:11 PM
    Thanks. It's the model I'm eyeing with. That's sad to hear. You're in the process of exchanging it?

05-29-15 03:12 PM
    Thanks. It's the model I'm eyeing with. That's sad to hear. You're in the process of exchanging it?

As I posted previously, I purchased this AT&T brand new in box, but from a seller on eBay. I don't have a contract and I don't use AT&T. With other electronics I buy used, warranties usually transfer, but this is the first time I'll initiate a smartphone warranty.

I'm unsure where to start; if I should call AT&T or BlackBerry, and if they'll even honor this. It seems like you usually go through the carrier if it's a branded device, but I'm not entirely sure.

Can anyone offer some insight?
    05-29-15 03:16 PM
    As ...

Can anyone offer some insight?
    I see. Well, i guess then a short letter both to AT&T and BlackBerry wouldn't harm anyone.
    Good luck mate, and it's not cool to have this kind of problem.

05-29-15 03:21 PM
    The unfortunate thing is.... The issue seems to start at around the 6 month mark.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 03:48 PM
116 ... 2345