That's what's going to happen... IF and that's a big if it's a hardware problem, it could be wear out quick still.

I still believe it's all software though.

Posted via my Passport
    Perhaps, just perhaps, it is the way YOU are typing?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 02:52 PM
    How did you update your phone? Someone suggest if you've installed a leaked once it will cause this and is irreversible. It's somewhat a pattern so far.

Posted via CB10
    I installed via Sachesi using the non-destructive blitz method. Never had an issue with installing leaks with double typing until I moved on to 10.3.2.xxx.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.281 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    05-24-15 03:05 PM
    Perhaps, just perhaps, it is the way YOU are typing?

Posted via CB10
    He's typing it wrong?
    05-24-15 03:06 PM
    He's typing it wrong?
    Agreed. How can one type 'wrong'? It's just pressing the keys!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 05:24 PM
    Not withstanding that the errors seem to start at the hardware level , the solution lies with software that prevents the recording of a double letter unless the double letter is authorized ( for example by hitting a combination of keys). . It seems to be a problem that should be solvable. BlackBerry must need better programmers.
    05-24-15 05:58 PM
    Not withstanding that the errors seem to start at the hardware level , the solution lies with software that prevents the recording of a double letter unless the double letter is authorized ( for example by hitting a combination of keys). . It seems to be a problem that should be solvable. BlackBerry must need better programmers.
    This is sound logic.

Just wondering if this is the case, why does BlackBerry address this like they did with the screen flickering?

They took care of this relatively quickly.

It must not be cheap replacing all these units and the associated postage costs and angry customers!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 07:17 PM
    Agreed. How can one type 'wrong'? It's just pressing the keys!

Posted via CB10
    Double-pressing keys!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 07:20 PM
    Double-pressing keys!

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Can't speak for the others but I know when I double type intentionally and when I don't

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:47 PM
    Double-pressing keys!

Posted via CB10
    You are right man. After i replace my phone. My intentional double pressing keys habbit suddenly disapear. I just don't have that habbit anymore. Something about the new phone cure me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-25-15 01:34 PM
    You are right man. After i replace my phone. My intentional double pressing keys habbit suddenly disapear. I just don't have that habbit anymore. Something about the new phone cure me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That's weird, the exact same thing happened to me. Hallelujah it's a miracle!

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-25-15 02:28 PM
    The power of placebo?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 02:56 PM
    Well, after a few months of flawless operation, my AT&T Passport has begun to double type. I'm going to see when typing this response if it does it. At this point it's not extremely bothhersome, but it seems like it's getting worse, and when it happens a couple times in a row, that's somewhat annoying.

That double typed "h" was the first for that letter. It's mostly the letter "b" but it's happened on "n" as well.

I purchased this second hand on eBay from a seller who likely re-upped with AT&T and sold the device for profit. It was brand new and sealed when I received it.

I've taken extremely good ccare of this device and it fell one time from about 2ft above the ground onto the side rail. Other than that, very careful handling.

Do I have any options considering I did not purchase this phone directly through a carrier?

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-25-15 04:11 PM
    I've not had any issues on my z30 or z10s. I can't see why you would have an issue there. I've never had a pkb phone and these threads keep steering me Away even when I start thinking I might try one. I love my z30 typing. Best keyboard I've ever used on a phone. Just afraid I'll miss my flicking on the classic as well as not wanting to be stuck with a phone I hate.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 04:41 PM
    Double typing is a software issue and not a hardware one for my Z30. I only get it when typing on a Web browser. I do not get it on any other application.

Z30 / STA100-2 / OS 10.3.1.2582
    thymaster likes this.
    05-25-15 05:12 PM
    Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
    Qwertyuioppasdfghjklzxcvbnm

Have had the password since it's release and I just started noticing it. I sent a text a few minutes ago and both the r and o were double typed. Then I typed the above in here and the p was doubled typed in the 4th test.

Why did I do this? I have no idea.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 06:54 PM
    Qwertyuioppasdfghjklzxcvbnm

Have had the password since it's release and I just started noticing it. I sent a text a few minutes ago and both the r and o were double typed. Then I typed the above in here and the p was doubled typed in the 4th test.

Why did I do this? I have no idea.

Posted via CB10
    Again it appears over time and with use, the dreaded double type issue occurs.

I'm now very convinced this is a hardware issue!

Yes, a software adjust by BlackBerry to address the debounce may do the trick but what do you set it at? If it's too long, it may cause other issues.

Really no way to find out the true solution.

Posted via CB10
    vanmat likes this.
    05-25-15 07:39 PM
    Definitely a hardware issues. Thanks for the experimentation.

But anyone who has had a Q10 and replaced just the keyboard knows that it's a hardware issue for sure. It's not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:55 PM
    Definitely a hardware issues. Thanks for the experimentation.

But anyone who has had a Q10 and replaced just the keyboard knows that it's a hardware issue for sure. It's not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone who has had a Z10 or Z30 that has a double type issue, ask how that is a hardware issue.... It's probably a mix of both. Can't say it's just a hardware fault and can't say it's just a software fault..

So please, can we finally drop this?
    05-25-15 10:14 PM
    Anyone who has had a Z10 or Z30 that has a double type issue, ask how that is a hardware issue.... It's probably a mix of both. Can't say it's just a hardware fault and can't say it's just a software fault..

Z10 and Z30 double type are rare occurrences and as there is no keyboard one can argue against a hardware issue. But that doesn't rule it out.

But for passport users, it's highly likely as I found out that it's a hardware issue that starts the problem. A software solution may resolve it but let's not fool ourselves, the problem originated due to hardware for me. Read my original post as it explains how I came to this conclusion.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:31 PM

Replacing my Q10 keyboard cured my (bad and very frequent) double-typing immediately. No OS change. I don't feel it is software related when it comes to BB10 keyboard phones.

Touch phones? Well I can't comment on that. But the Q5 doesn't have double-typing issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:50 AM
    I'm just comparing notes with other people and the results are quite similar.

For me, the double typing first started after I used Sachesi to load an updated version of 10.3.1 because I had the screen flickering issue and couldn't wait for OTA update. I think anyone who uses the Sachesi to install an app, leaked or official OS might got the double typing issue.

I installed via Sachesi using the non-destructive blitz method. Never had an issue with installing leaks with double typing until I moved on to 10.3.2.xxx.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.281 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    05-26-15 04:40 AM
    I'm just comparing notes with other people and the results are quite similar.

For me, the double typing first started after I used Sachesi to load an updated version of 10.3.1 because I had the screen flickering issue and couldn't wait for OTA update. I think anyone who uses the Sachesi to install an app, leaked or official OS might got the double typing issue.
    Not here. I came from Android and have been meaning to get into the BBOS beta game and Sachesi'ing but lack the time because I'm studying for the GRE and applying to vet school. Priorities I guess.

Nonetheless, I've been running factory 10.3.1 on my AT&T Passport and double typing just started happening. I've also been getting strange behavior where the camera app flickers lime-green.

You know, the old lime-green camera flicker.
    05-26-15 04:44 AM
    Mine has a more peculiar problem, and it is now back with BB.

The middle row keys from time to time will give a weird problem as if I pressed another key(s), example,

"A" will become "AQ", "K" becomes "KM", in worse case 4 letters will appear, example, when I press "A", it will appear as "AQSW".

It will usually go away after I reboot and leave the phone alone for a while.

I am lucky that there is a Blackberry Expert Center in where I live, they diagnosed it to be a software issue, have yet to try it as they couldn't fix my other issue, the infamous screen lifting, and they are sending it back to factory.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:42 AM
    Mine has a more peculiar problem, and it is now back with BB.

The middle row keys from time to time will give a weird problem as if I pressed another key(s), example,

"A" will become "AQ", "K" becomes "KM", in worse case 4 letters will appear, example, when I press "A", it will appear as "AQSW".

It will usually go away after I reboot and leave the phone alone for a while.

I am lucky that there is a Blackberry Expert Center in where I live, they diagnosed it to be a software issue, have yet to try it as they couldn't fix my other issue, the infamous screen lifting, and they are sending it back to factory.

Posted via CB10
    This may be an issue resolved with an OS reinstall.

It's easy.

Back up your device and reinstall using Blend. It's pretty seamless. I was concerned about this too but it fine.

Found after a reinstall, apps that did not run well or at all worked fine again.

Posted via CB10
    TooSquare likes this.
    05-26-15 10:06 AM
    Ok, I've followed all the threads on this and have step by step done all that can be done to eliminate and determine if the error is caused by software or hardware.

For those that don't want to read further, I'll state immediately the fault is due to HARDWARE. Read on to determine how I came up to this conclusion and how Digital River took care of me.... yes it went well.

Software:

I wiped my PP and went back to stock. No android apps, nothing that is not BlackBerry software. Basically left the unit pure BlackBerry only. The double type issue was still there.

Tried leaks, still there.

Remember this was a complete wipe and install. So there was no learned words, etc.

Hardware:

The replacement device I noticed had a firmer keypad. It was not harder to press per se, just more solid clicks.

Ran the device stock and it did not have double type.

Loaded back core android apps and there was no double type.

Typing this update for you all and there was no double type.

Restored personal info from old unit and no double type.

Digital River:
    Read all the fears of getting sent bad units and spoke to them about this. Was reassured this was not an issue. Gave them my CC and away we go.

Unit was shipped overnight and upon inspection the unit was perfectly fine. I am anal and the unit was great.

Bottom line:

It's hardware. Those like me before hoping it's software for fear of replacement units, issues with Digital River, etc are only fooling themselves like I was before.

Get the unit replaced and be productive again.

Posted via CB10
    I Love living on the WIDE side!! a new Adventure every day!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-26-15 10:28 AM
116 12345