Hello,

Well, my trusty Passport SE started having battery issues, namely losing charge very quickly. Like...10 to 30 minutes full charge to less than 20% or at least that is what it says.

Good news. I bought a fresh new passport SE as a backup. I guess I have to pul, that out to close out the year.

Well...the battery bulged and burst the back. It actually still worked fine, but I was concerned about the battery bursting.

So...that was disappointing. One final kick in the *** from BlackBerry and the apparent end of my BB10 experience.

It was a good time.

KAM
    03-21-19 11:38 PM
    Wow! Now there's a username that I haven't seen in a while. Sorry for the reason you're posting.
    03-22-19 12:29 AM
    Can't you just change the batteries on both devices? Order some from aliexpress and do the job yourself it's easy to do... even if you don't plan to use them, it's a small investment

Posted via CB10
    03-22-19 05:25 AM
    Wow! Now there's a username that I haven't seen in a while. Sorry for the reason you're posting.
    Thanks. It's a bummer.
    03-22-19 06:28 PM
    Can't you just change the batteries on both devices? Order some from aliexpress and do the job yourself it's easy to do... even if you don't plan to use them, it's a small investment

Posted via CB10
    I did remove the bulged battery, so theoretically I could find a new battery and replace it, but I'm on borrowed time, so I did the unthinkable...and got an KeyTwo LE. Ug.
    03-22-19 06:29 PM
    Wow--that didn't last long.

Hub apparently does nothing, other than switch you to another app. Dumping Key2 LE.

Plain old Android phone is better than that trash fire.
    03-22-19 09:25 PM
    Wow--that didn't last long.

Hub apparently does nothing, other than switch you to another app. Dumping Key2 LE.

Plain old Android phone is better than that trash fire.
    Unfortunately, the Hub isn't built into the Android OS like it is on BB10, however, it still works to aggregate most things, and makes a decent email client.

The key thing (no pun intended) is that your options are limited if you want a PKB device.
    03-23-19 08:44 AM
    Unfortunately, the Hub isn't built into the Android OS like it is on BB10, however, it still works to aggregate most things, and makes a decent email client.

The key thing (no pun intended) is that your options are limited if you want a PKB device.
    Very much true, unfortunately.

I lived without a PKB before. I can do that. But I do love the passport PKB with VKB enhancements. So clean and efficient.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    03-23-19 12:02 PM
    Oddly, I'm typing this on my passport showing 0% battery with low power mode turned off.

I wonder if this is just a software problem with the battery monitor.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    03-23-19 12:04 PM
    Oddly, I'm typing this on my passport showing 0% battery with low power mode turned off.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    What version OS on your Passport?

Didn't you just recently replace the battery? If yes:

- How long ago?
    - OEM battery or third party?
    - Have you tried a battery app to see if it matches BB10 system app?
    03-23-19 12:15 PM

KAM

Posted via CB10
    Just give your device a hard reset.
    03-23-19 12:18 PM
    What version OS on your Passport?

Didn't you just recently replace the battery? If yes:

- How long ago?
    - OEM battery or third party?
    - Have you tried a battery app to see if it matches BB10 system app?
    OS version 10.3.3.2163
    I did use the Blackberry virtual expert and it's showing it the same.
    This isn't a new battery--it's the original.
    03-23-19 01:52 PM
    Hello,

Well, my trusty Passport SE started having battery issues, namely losing charge very quickly. Like...10 to 30 minutes full charge to less than 20% or at least that is what it says.

Good news. I bought a fresh new passport SE as a backup. I guess I have to pul, that out to close out the year.

Well...the battery bulged and burst the back. It actually still worked fine, but I was concerned about the battery bursting.

So...that was disappointing. One final kick in the *** from BlackBerry and the apparent end of my BB10 experience.

It was a good time.

KAM
    Hi Kam,

Where did you please buy it?

Thank you!
    03-24-19 03:50 AM
    Hi Kam,

Where did you please buy it?

Thank you!
    I purchased both of my Passport SE phones from Blackberry directly.

KAM
    03-24-19 05:39 PM
    I've seen this type of behavior before KAM. Try to just let it die and then charge it, then do it again. If that doesn't help, autolaod it and then, if it still has a poor performance, change the battery...

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 and KAM1138 like this.
    03-25-19 05:41 AM
    I've seen this type of behavior before KAM. Try to just let it die and then charge it, then do it again. If that doesn't help, autolaod it and then, if it still has a poor performance, change the battery...

Posted via CB10
    I will look at that, because I enjoy the Passport and want to use it still, but I did go and buy another phone.
    I was planning on holding on until near the end of the year, so the practical issues are just speeding that up a bit.

I appreciate the suggestions however.

KAM
    03-25-19 01:10 PM