Ok, so here's a weird one for everyone.

I have a Passport SE and anytime someone texts me from an iPhone, I get the message twice. But if someone texts me from an Android it's normal.

Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 08:01 PM
    On my Z30 oftentimes I will get the message twice or I will get the message once but with a second notification. But not always and it seems only from some iPhones, not all
    03-17-16 10:03 PM
    Yup, I get the same thing from iphones, but wouldn't say everytime.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 10:35 PM
    Been having that problem as well...

on the road with my BlackBerry
    03-17-16 10:45 PM
    I've noted that for a couple of years.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 10:52 PM

I personally know this behavior from the past. The problem is: it can have multiple reasons. One is the cellular connectivity and/or problem with the provider (get in contact with them and explaining the issue). Other thing might be that the apple device trys to send via imessage (which is obviously not possible) and will fall back to sms and tries it two times during this fall back (especially if you were using an apple device before). Might also be an issue with requesting delivery recipients from the apple device, that they are not properly handed and threfore the message will be send again.

One possibility would be to switch the apple device for a short test with a non apple device to verify if it is some systematical error on the carrier side.

03-18-16 07:34 AM
    I have that problem intermittently as well. I thought It was because I switch phones so much.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/
    03-18-16 07:36 AM
    Maybe it caused by not use physical keyboard as Blackberry has.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 08:19 AM
    I would suggest carrier, getting in touch with them. I regularly text with family using both iPhone and Android.
    I don't think I have EVER received a duplicate text - and we're in a rural area. I have a daughter who is in a REALLY rural area, right on the edge of cell coverage, and never a duplicate text.

Maybe the cold weather here in Manitoba just keeps the airwaves cool enough that the messages remain unified!
    03-18-16 09:10 AM
    This happens to me everyday. It's actually been happening since the last update, but not before.

My initial thoughts were that the local database was somehow corrupted so I deleted all messages from my phone. That didn't resolve the problem.

Then I discovered that I have duplicate contacts linked to one contact (including my own). This made me wonder if that was also causing the duplicate messages. Nope.

I also used to think it was iPhone users. Nope. I think it's a bug in the OS itself because I did not have this issue prior to the last update. Perhaps something really did get corrupted during the update process.
    03-18-16 10:11 AM

Maybe the cold weather here in Manitoba just keeps the airwaves cool enough that the messages remain unified!
    Ha! Let's revisit this when the temps hit in the 30s this summer. :P

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 08:05 AM
    Carrier? OS?
    T-mobile radio file from last update caused issues.
    03-24-16 11:27 AM
    I received an update (3 mb), and after that I receive twice every single message. Before that update I didn't have this problem. I'm on T-mobile BB Passport SE factory unlocked. Any suggestion to solve this problem ?
    Thanks in advance !!!
    08-26-16 11:34 PM