Sent one set of logs and they told me to send the device back for replacement.

Via CB10 from Scotland
    Wow. That is excellent. Wish I had the same support.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 11:02 PM
    Z on Passport, on Q10 it was in the middle O and P. Time to buy Typo, let's hope they build better quality copies than original! ;-)
    Posted via CB10
    What kind of manure is that claim?

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    04-28-15 11:16 PM
    This double typing thing is getting old especially as one cannot anticipate when it will happen.

I've never had this issue with my Z30 which was a really good phone.

I'm hoping BlackBerry solves this soon. It's a shame.

Posted via CB10
    Really?

04-28-15 11:21 PM
    I can't reproduce it at will either. And like you, I didn't see it until I loaded 10.3.2.500. If there's some file in the OS that affects the debounce, we can hope it'll be fixed in the next release. But seeing that a lot of other people are having the problem on other OS versions, I'm not optimistic.

In the meantime, I'm back on my OnePlus One until the next leak drops. The double 'e's aren't the end of the world, but just enough to make the Passport less enjoyable to use.
    Wow how many?

04-28-15 11:24 PM
    From BlackBerry

Double Letter Typing Issue-img_20150428_230901_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 02:53 AM
    This problem is just so random and on many different keys. If it does turn out to be hardware, I'll replace it when it gets really bad. Right now it's just minor annoyance that started right after the os upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 02:03 PM
    From BlackBerry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150428_230901_edit.png 
Views:	671 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	350120

Posted via CB10
    LOL almost impossible to believe anyone at BlackBerry wrote this. Even the lowest cs rep would have better command of English than this email.
    04-29-15 04:31 PM
    Double Letter Typing Issue-img_20150430_000107.png

OK then. It must have been an imposter I was on the phone with for hours.

I'm in the UK and believe the CS rep was in India.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 06:03 PM
    From my search Z30 owners have the double letters too but not noticeably bad enough to get frustrated like Passport, Q10 and Classic owners.

I made the move last night and tried the leaked 10.3.2. It's actually not bad. I don't see any new features but it runs really buttery smooth and haven't notice any bug yet.

I been using my phone constantly and I've only encountered one instance of double letters issue in the last 12 hours which isn't that bad because I was getting at least 20 double letters in a day.

I feel this is a processor issue not being able to keep up the pace of typing. It mostly happens when there is a lag in the OS, especially when the CPU is trying to think and a lag occur. OS 10.3.2 improves the performance which is probably why I'm getting less double letters now.
    Q10 and Passport double typing has been documented. But in line with the software hypotheses why do you suppose there have been no reported cases of the Q5 double typing?
    05-03-15 05:01 AM
    Q10 and Passport double typing has been documented. But in line with the software hypotheses why do you suppose there have been no reported cases of the Q5 double typing?
    To add on to this, if CPUU over load was the problem, the Q5 should be the worst double typer (that uu above was not software generated)

I tried (just auto corrected ee) to go back to 10.3.0 which allegedly doesn't have double type, and didn't have it at the beginning and still got double type.

The only odd thing is that on the very, very rare occasion I seem to get a double period

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:50 PM
    To add on to this, if CPUU over load was the problem, the Q5 should be the worst double typer (that uu above was not software generated)

I tried (just auto corrected ee) to go back to 10.3.0 which allegedly doesn't have double type, and didn't have it at the beginning and still got double type.

The only odd thing is that on the very, very rare occasion I seem to get a double period

Posted via CB10
    That's gotta be two weeks of hell for your partner.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    andy957 and amathtools like this.
    05-04-15 05:38 AM
    This problem is just so random and on many different keys. If it does turn out to be hardware, I'll replace it when it gets really bad. Right now it's just minor annoyance that started right after the os upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    BruceFlea478, please don't wait. Many users who had double type units had to go through multiple exchanges and in the end some worked out and some didn't. There is a very high probability of the keyboard eventually starts double typing, so the earlier you exchange, the earlier you detect the problem in your new unit (if any), and the greater the chance you will eventually get one that doesn't.

Just to give you an idea, search CrackBerry.com for an article about Q10 double typing issue poll. As of today over 70% of the users had a unit with double type problem. This issue is very prevalent, so it is much better to exchange ASAP within your warranty so you can get as many units as possible within the period.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-15 06:07 AM
    I have Never experienced this on my Passport

Posted via CB10
    Me neither.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:39 AM
    Me neither.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, never experienced it on my 3 month Passport nor on my previous 1.5 year old Q10 and as well as my wife never had it on her 2 year old Q10.

andy957 likes this.
    05-04-15 07:11 AM
    I'm persuaded that it's a hardware problem on my Q10, as it was on my 9780. On my Passport, I'm uncertain. I hate to commit the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, but I never had the problem until I installed 10.3.2.500. On the other hand, I don't see any reason why the debounce algorithm (assuming it's in the OS at all) would have been changed.

It still only affects the letter 'e', and only about one time in 5 or so.
    05-04-15 08:03 AM
    I'm persuaded that it's a hardware problem on my Q10, as it was on my 9780. On my Passport, I'm uncertain. I hate to commit the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, but I never had the problem until I installed 10.3.2.500. On the other hand, I don't see any reason why the debounce algorithm (assuming it's in the OS at all) would have been changed.
    It still only affects the letter 'e', and only about one time in 5 or so.
    So far, none of the Q10 has been solved with firmware updates after so incredibly long and any unit that has problem is labelled as hardware problem by BlackBerry. I think it is safe to say it must at least mostly be a hardware problem or BlackBerry has no idea what they are doing, both equally viable without any sense of sarcasm. There are still users getting the "we have not heard of this issue" response. Where is the old BlackBerry?

Very difficult to go back to a BlackBerry keyboard device if the issue is not still around and the physical keyboard is the only mean of input.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-15 09:08 AM
    I started getting the issue on the latest OTA update. C and Z keys are seldomly getting double typed. Cant send a video it is so random

Instagram: enginkdogan
    05-04-15 09:19 AM
    Watch the keynote with John & Wayne - and cry.

Classic is a great name for a poor product - same internals as a Q10 with half-baked tool-belt from 9900 and NO reusable battery (from iphone?) = a dud.

Passport is a fantastic screen and internal battery (non-replaceable) with a ridiculous keyboard and design premise. A joke as released.

With an improved 4-row BlackBerry keyboard? = FANTASTIC!

So what is the upgrade path for a dedicated 950, r900, 9900, Q10 business user?

New old-stock Q10. Bit of a corporate failure!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 09:20 AM
    Double tying almost 20% of the time after upgrading the OS to the new versionn. It is annnoying especially when typing in your password on the locked screen. Always shown innncoreect due to the double letter typing. The above was typed without any editing. Very frusstrated but I love my BlackBerry passport. Leo

Posted via CB10
    That's a lot of n's there bro.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 11:36 AM
    Very difficult to go back to a BlackBerry keyboard device if the issue is not still around and the physical keyboard is the only mean of input.
    Fixed it for ya.

I agree. If the problem persists on my Passport, I don't think I'd buy another PKB device. After going through four (count 'em) 9780s to get one without this problem, then the Q10 (had to get a spare keyboard, which I still haven't installed) and now the Passport, it's just too much.
    thymaster likes this.
    05-04-15 12:15 PM
    This happened often with my Q10 and was ultimately the reason I went back to using 9900s during the day. Has yet to happen on my Passport

Love my berries!
    05-04-15 01:28 PM
    The recent update to 10.3.2.680 didn't fix the problem on my Passport. I've noticed, however, that it's most likely to occur in the word "she". But then I can type the word fifty times in a row and not get it once. Very strange.
    05-13-15 09:31 PM
    Strange. When I slep at night I dream about sleping. When I type it on my pasport, it comes out as..... "I love my sleep and at night I love sleeping and my passport."

It happens when I type the E key.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 09:55 PM
    So why don't you guys return it. Has a year warranty

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 06:14 AM
    For me 10.3.2.680 has corrected the issue. I never had one until version 500 and it was bad. Now back to normal.

Initial Sachesi upgrade to 500. No keyboard issue. Then full autoloader 500 to correct a minor issue...bam double typing issue shows up.

Now Sachesi to 680 and we are good again.

Very weird since not everyone has same issue or solution.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 06:36 AM
133 ... 3456