If it's software related a clean install should fix it. If not your device is still under warranty.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-15 08:49 PM
    It's a bizzare problem. I'm getting it on a number of keys, including the period on the virtual keyboard - which points to software.

I had the problem on my Q10 and I know that was hardware. I've done a clean wipe and install on my phone since the problem started.

It seems to affect the top row the most frequently, with the y and u among the top stutterers. It's weird that the worst of the problem is so localized on the device. I do have issues on other parts of the keyboard too though.

I'll wait for now on a hardware replacement. If it continues into the summer when I can more easily give up my device for a few weeks then I'll send it back. It'll be approaching it's 1st birthday so might as well start year two with a new keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 10:44 PM
    I have the issues as well. I don't believe it's hardware related as it started after the buggy update with the screen flicker.

The most recent update did nnot fix the issue.

It happens randomly as you can see above.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-14-15 12:56 AM
    Not on here, sorry

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    Which app did you use ?

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    04-14-15 06:04 AM
    Thankfully no double typing on either my Z10 or PP.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    04-17-15 10:35 PM
    It's a bizzare problem. I'm getting it on a number of keys, including the period on the virtual keyboard - which points to software.

I had the problem on my Q10 and I know that was hardware. I've done a clean wipe and install on my phone since the problem started.

It seems to affect the top row the most frequently, with the y and u among the top stutterers. It's weird that the worst of the problem is so localized on the device. I do have issues on other parts of the keyboard too though.

I'll wait for now on a hardware replacement. If it continues into the summer when I can more easily give up my device for a few weeks then I'll send it back. It'll be approaching it's 1st birthday so might as well start year two with a new keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you are like the 3rd person who reported the double period as well.

Long live the most delicious fruit on the planet.
    04-17-15 11:15 PM
    The issue has been getting worse for me. The letter b especially has been giving me an issue. Sometimes it even triple types...

Sent from my Passport
    04-21-15 06:52 PM
    The double typing issue is getting a little more pronounced with a few letters now. Nowhere near as bad as my Q10 was/is but it's a bit disheartening. I hope BlackBerry will get on this soon with a patch of some kind....

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:12 AM
    With legacy device it was confirm due to hardware, the keytone poor quality. With passport, I have never seen the keytone. Not even sure they use it or not. I would rather it's a hardware problem just changing the keytone than have to wait for an os to repaiir this issue that is not so wide spread.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by siung6; 04-23-15 at 03:09 PM.
    04-23-15 02:44 PM
    I've tried to ignore it but it's driving me crazy.

Mainly happens on the s h and u keys.

Sending it back for replacement tomorrow as instructed by BlackBerry.

Via CB10 from Scotland
    04-23-15 04:21 PM
    Can I please get a double free #venice

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:00 PM
    Happens to me too quite frequently. The whole bottom row of keys including the space bar. I phoned Blackberry support and after the tech wasted 3 hours of my time watching me backup my phone, then download and install the latest OS (what a waste of resources), it worked better for 2 days, but now the repeating keys are back with a vengeance as well as the flickering screen and random crashes that come with 10.3.1.2267.
    Then they tell me there is no way to go back to a previous OS, which I know is BS because there are instructions here on how to do it.

Not too impressed with Blackberry right now. After 20 plus years of being a Blackberry customer, this is the first time I've ever been disappointed with their devices or their service and I'm really not happy right now. All they can say is wait for the next OS update and we have no idea when that will be.

Not sent from my Passport because it would take me an hour to type that properly
    1995 BlackBerry did not have a smartphone available for retail sales. So you are saying you have been a 20yr + BlackBerry customer...?? I don't believe you. And I don't even believe you have a passport BB.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-24-15 04:26 AM
    Soooooo this issue is back on the Passport. Pretty annoyed

Posted via CB10
    What is the current OS on your phone? And is it plugged in when this happens ?

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-24-15 04:29 AM
    Has anyone confirmed if getting a replacement fixes this issues ? It seems that this only started to happen with the 10.3.1 update. Most common is hh , uu , nn and now ii. I notice it happens the most in the hub Text messages and browser but rarely if any in the remember app where I type long notes trying to reproduce the issue.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-24-15 04:44 PM
    I am currently using the 10.3.1.2576 with the double type issue. Did anyone try any leak like 10.3.2. Does the problem persist? I am not familiar with installing leak, but I am willing to try if it prove to be better.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 11:47 AM
    The earliest reporting of this problem was in February when the official OS 10.3.1 was launch. 5 months prior to that no one was having this problem. Also There seems to be a pattern that it's happens mostly in the text messaging and browser apps.

I really hope Blackberry fixes this problem by 10.3.2. It will be a test to see how well they are listening and responding to their customer complaints. People have doubts about Blackberry and I'm so close to losing faith in the brand. The Passport is a great device and I absolutely love it but no point of sticking around with a company that is deaf.

Has anyone confirmed if getting a replacement fixes this issues ? It seems that this only started to happen with the 10.3.1 update. Most common is hh , uu , nn and now ii. I notice it happens the most in the hub Text messages and browser but rarely if any in the remember app where I type long notes trying to reproduce the issue.
    04-25-15 12:13 PM
    I had double typing on my pp
    Warrantied, new phone doesn't have issues.
    New keyboard feel way better too. Got first one in Dec, got replacement in march iirc

It's possible some of it was software, but it's obviously a hardware problem. Regardless of the os, my problem was that the keys depression makes contact too early unless you mash the key. It connect and disconnect upon entry and exit. There was a sweet spot where I could get the letters to repeat without fully depressing the button

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    04-25-15 12:20 PM
    You will not likely get anywhere with BlackBerry support. I've sent all sorts of error logs and screen shots over the years. Just seems like a deflection department.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:23 PM
    So strange. Clearly it happens. That said, I know through at least 30 people with Q10's, 15 people with Classic's, and 10 or so with Passports and none of us have ever had the double typing issue. Maybe we just got lucky.

I have a friend outside of work who has the issue all the time on his Q10. He's like a texting wizard. Heis speed is ridiculous but he pounds the keys! We almost think his double typing is caused by the beating he gives his keyboard. Obviously, it's software...but he does go crazy on his device!

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-15 12:30 PM
    I installed the 10.3.2.500 leak and I'm seeing it for the first time on the letter E. Could be a coincidence.
    04-25-15 05:50 PM
    I experienced this on my Q10 but haven't encountered it at all on my Passport.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-15 05:55 PM
    I'm just searching the forums for a 10.3.0.908 autoloader to test for myself.

I'll report back, but I was on a clean install of 1779 and was getting it bad.
    04-25-15 06:46 PM
    I've experienced infrequent double typing. It's definitely there on my Passport. However, it's much less of an issue for me that all the auto-correct mistakes I read all over the Internet. That's not to say it shouldn't be corrected; it's just that it is a very minor issue compared to others I've read in forums and elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    04-25-15 06:53 PM
    This issue is extremely frustrating especially as my company's stupid IT policy makes us type our passwords in to unlock the phone.

Double entries obviously is a bad thing during password entry!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:34 PM
    I'm now back on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418. Guess I'll see if I get any double type on this version. So far in limited use it hasn't double typed. Maybe I'll get my post count up real high just posting to a bunch of threads to see what happens.

I have to say that in a message this long I would have had at least one double, but haven't had any yet, autocorrected or not.

I really do hope that it is software. I don't want to go through the hassle that I did with my q10 having sent it back a bunch of times for new keyboards and having the problem continually reappear.

You don't have to keep reading this post at this point. I'm literally just typing as much as I can to see if the problem reappears. I did an autoloader to get on this version of the software, but the 10.3.1 that I was on was also done via autoloader, so I am comparing BlackBerry to BlackBerry!

So far so good... I guess I'll see what happens. The double type was driving me nuts before, but I can't get it to reproduce now whereas in the 10.3.1 software it was popping up frequently.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-26-15 12:46 PM
133 12345 ...