Had the same problem with my 9780. Stuttering keyboard is hardware related. Send it back for a replacement. In my case Blackberry gave me a new one.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 10:42 PM
    I feel the majority of the letters that double type are on the edges.

Posted via CB10
    Z on Passport, on Q10 it was in the middle O and P. Time to buy Typo, let's hope they build better quality copies than original! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:29 AM
    That's what you assume. I've done plenty of warranties before and you know what I found. The people who sends in their phone are the people who will most likely come back with another new problem.

Recondition phones are just flashed to manufacturer software. They don't really investigate into the problems. Statistically 80% of the phones sent in for warranty are liquid damaged 18% are physical damage and 2% are genuine manufacturers faulty like dead pixels or bad batteries. These phones keeps on circulating back and forth through the warranty process and most likely you'll receive someone else's liquid damaged phones. Good luck sending yours in.

My passports 6 months old so even if I get a recon unit at least it'll be cleaner.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-03-15 11:28 AM
    Getting a recon that's worse than mine is a concern.

Unfortunately there are no replacement keyboards available yet, so I might just have to live with it for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 03:26 PM
    That's what you assume. I've done plenty of warranties before and you know what I found. The people who sends in their phone are the people who will most likely come back with another new problem.

Recondition phones are just flashed to manufacturer software. They don't really investigate into the problems. Statistically 80% of the phones sent in for warranty are liquid damaged 18% are physical damage and 2% are genuine manufacturers faulty like dead pixels or bad batteries. These phones keeps on circulating back and forth through the warranty process and most likely you'll receive someone else's liquid damaged phones. Good luck sending yours in.
    How about the percentage of returns by people who didn't like it? Ever considered that? Returned within the 15 day period.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-04-15 03:30 PM
    Oh those, most retailers don't really send them back after inspecting themselves. They re-circulate the phone to the next customer because it would cost them time and money if they send them out. Unless it's an obvious manufacturer defect then it still falls under the 2% manufacturer defect and they will have to send them back for sure. There's no point in keeping it in their inventory.

That's why the retailers will ask you to keep it in good condition before returning it. If you have an obvious scratch on the screen they won't take it back because they can't resell it. Their excuse is you have damage the phone yourself.

How about the percentage of returns by people who didn't like it? Ever considered that? Returned within the 15 day period.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-04-15 03:51 PM
    Definitely happens on my passport at least a few times per day, especially on the b key

Sent from my Passport
    04-04-15 06:06 PM
    Oh those, most retailers don't really send them back after inspecting themselves. They re-circulate the phone to the next customer because it would cost them time and money if they send them out. Unless it's an obvious manufacturer defect then it still falls under the 2% manufacturer defect and they will have to send them back for sure. There's no point in keeping it in their inventory.

That's why the retailers will ask you to keep it in good condition before returning it. If you have an obvious scratch on the screen they won't take it back because they can't resell it. Their excuse is you have damage the phone yourself.
    Complete bs.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 06:49 PM
    Happens to me too quite frequently. The whole bottom row of keys including the space bar. I phoned Blackberry support and after the tech wasted 3 hours of my time watching me backup my phone, then download and install the latest OS (what a waste of resources), it worked better for 2 days, but now the repeating keys are back with a vengeance as well as the flickering screen and random crashes that come with 10.3.1.2267.
    Then they tell me there is no way to go back to a previous OS, which I know is BS because there are instructions here on how to do it.

Not too impressed with Blackberry right now. After 20 plus years of being a Blackberry customer, this is the first time I've ever been disappointed with their devices or their service and I'm really not happy right now. All they can say is wait for the next OS update and we have no idea when that will be.

Not sent from my Passport because it would take me an hour to type that properly
    04-04-15 06:53 PM
    Happens with my U, t, and b keys. Every blackberry I have owned excepted for touch screen keyboards has had this problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 06:55 PM
    OMG! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
    04-04-15 07:10 PM
    I have double typing with letter n too. No nnumnness need the nnanny. There in case you want proof.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-04-15 07:14 PM
    So blackberry got back in touch to tell me it's a hardware issue and to swap out the device, so my passports on its way back.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-09-15 04:29 PM
    I'm also getting double typing on my Passport. Which letters are people getting them on? I feel the majority of the letters that double type are on the edges.

Posted via CB10
    At first I thought it was the top row, but I don't think so. Mine is T,G,I. Those 3 are the very obvious one. It's just random.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 04:36 PM
    At first I thought it was the top row, but I don't think so. Mine is T,G,I. Those 3 are the very obvious one. It's just random.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah me as well. It does do it more on the N and M keys but it really is random. To make things even worse, my delete key seems to be nearing the end of its life cycle as it now clicks 'wrong'. Sounds and feels awful. Seems that it's only a matter of time before it completely fails.

To say I'm disappointed that these hardware issue are happening on a 700 dollar device only 5 months from the date of purchase is a huge understatement.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 03:57 AM
    Yeah me as well. It does do it more on the N and M keys but it really is random. To make things even worse, my delete key seems to be nearing the end of its life cycle as it now clicks 'wrong'. Sounds and feels awful. Seems that it's only a matter of time before it completely fails.

To say I'm disappointed that these hardware issue are happening on a 700 dollar device only 5 months from the date of purchase is a huge understatement.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, me as well, since the latest releases, 10.3.1.2xxx
    My passport also started to occassionally put the N and M characters, seems like with the latest 2708 the frequency reduces; and some other letters with way less frequencies. The M key is the most double typed one.

Might be just the coincidence of the hardware issue but matches the os releases, that I hope is not true.

Because some also states that this is the os issue, not the hardware and I really really hope that is the truth

Really dont want to know that the truth is the hardware issue... to see that, we need to test touch devices like Z10, Z3, Z30 if they have the double typing on them.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 04:40 AM
    On .2708, after updating my browser and battery life were very poor, so i decided to wipe the device, and yeah, double typing issue, a couple of times a day. Oh well. Battery and browser work fine now though. Jjjjuuussstttttt havee to to exxplain to peopleee i'm a stuttterrrerrrrr.
    04-10-15 07:37 AM
    It's just started happening with my B key...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:45 AM
    This relates to my other theory. It's seems to be a combination of underpowered CPU and how the OS hangs while it's processing some apps. They must have tweaked something in OS 10.3.1 because when an app is working hard to process in the background it causes the keys to register incorrectly. Most people notice it when there are a lot of apps running the CPU, the keys register slower and the double letters registers after we finished the word.

Yeah, me as well, since the latest releases, 10.3.1.2xxx
    My passport also started to occassionally put the N and M characters, seems like with the latest 2708 the frequency reduces; and some other letters with way less frequencies. The M key is the most double typed one.

Might be just the coincidence of the hardware issue but matches the os releases, that I hope is not true.

Because some also states that this is the os issue, not the hardware and I really really hope that is the truth

Really dont want to know that the truth is the hardware issue... to see that, we need to test touch devices like Z10, Z3, Z30 if they have the double typing on them.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:04 PM
    It's just started happening with my B key...

Posted via CB10
    To be precise, N,M (the most, omg!) and Y
    The other keys seem to be alrite... for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:06 PM
    This relates to my other theory. It's seems to be a combination of underpowered CPU and how the OS hangs while it's processing some apps. They must have tweaked something in OS 10.3.1 because when an app is working hard to process in the background it causes the keys to register incorrectly. Most people notice it when there are a lot of apps running the CPU, the keys register slower and the double letters registers after we finished the word.
    Yeah but if so then the issue would relate to all keys, in my case the most common is M, and then N, and then Y, maybe some others but so rare that I dont even remember
    It develops with the latest 10.3.1 releases or maybe with the 10.3.0 my device was still new by that moment hehe

Btw the memory mngmt I think is so bad, I have Home Screen Plus app that closes very frequently due to low memory available left and I have to re launch it manually... I normally open 3-4 apps max, never more, no android ports.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:11 PM
    I tested the OS theory by downgrading to 10.3.0.908 as someone suggested and for 3 full days I couldn't replicate the double letters problem. Then I updated to 10.3.1 again, the double letters came back immediately.

Yeah but if so then the issue would relate to all keys, in my case the most common is M, and then N, and then Y, maybe some others but so rare that I dont even remember
    It develops with the latest 10.3.1 releases or maybe with the 10.3.0 my device was still new by that moment hehe

Btw the memory mngmt I think is so bad, I have Home Screen Plus app that closes very frequently due to low memory available left and I have to re launch it manually... I normally open 3-4 apps max, never more, no android ports.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:20 PM
    I tested the OS theory by downgrading to 10.3.0.908 as someone suggested and for 3 full days I couldn't replicate the double letters problem. Then I updated to 10.3.1 again, the double letters came back immediately.
    I would have liked you stay a bit longer on the older OS to test that theory

I'm quite confident that my double typing issues started way before that latest update. It's only getting worse, which leads me to believe this is a hardware problem.
    04-12-15 12:10 AM
    My double typing on my Passport seems to be getting worse as well. Quite frustrating. If it is a software issue I hope they are working to find a fix.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    04-12-15 07:58 PM
    I have this issue as well, but it's definitely software related for me. I never had any issues until I upgraded to 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-12-15 08:37 PM
133 1234 ...