yeah it does look bent by not correctly removing the case. that's a lot of wrenching, ripping and tearing to do that to the phone...from taking off a case?
    08-16-15 06:33 PM
    ouch

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:34 PM
    Just does not add up.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:40 PM
    After getting SE bundle and using the device since 2 weeks, I have taken off and put on both the flex and flip cover multiple times and i cannot find even any scratches on device. Though the fit is more tight than required IMO and taking off case for the first time was a real pain as one has to be little patient to take the case off otherwise it will surely result in damaging the device. I cannot decide whether to use with or without case as the grip on the back provided solid hold than even with case on it.
    08-16-15 07:22 PM
    just cut the top off an original passport screen protector. works great for me
    Anan likes this.
    08-16-15 07:36 PM
    The rippin and the tearin, the tearin and the rippin. Lol.

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2339 
    08-16-15 07:36 PM
    Honestly, I would never call someone a liar about their case scratching their phone. I haven't put either of the bundle cases on yet for that exact reason. Knowing that I would be removing and installing them got me worried about scratching the device. I am sure the production quality tolerances have wide specs so the variables are going to be there from product to product. His case was simply tighter than others and it scratched his device. That is my fear therefore, I go naked and rely on my insurance for damages. To each his own.

08-16-15 07:40 PM
    Might be within the struggle to get it off fell on the floor dropped slipped out of hands whatever you wanna call it.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:46 PM
    Might be within the struggle to get it off fell on the floor dropped slipped out of hands whatever you wanna call it.

Posted via CB10
    Why would he lie about it?

08-16-15 07:54 PM
    double post
    08-16-15 08:04 PM
    He probably isn't. I just don't think its that difficult. I've had these cases on and off the two SEs I have a couple dozen times now and for sure they're tight vs the OG but I would have to really generate terrific force wrenching them off to generate that type of damage. Also, I don't know why the damage would be a the bottom. You take them off at the top, not the bottom so I would think the damage would be at the top, not the bottom. I don't know how to take these off the phone starting from the bottom...maybe that was the error.
    so crow likes this.
    08-16-15 08:09 PM
    Maybe my eyes are deceiving, but the bezel below the 'N' and 'M' keys looks bent right down the middle.
    It does look bent but it's not that's a reflection lol

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    08-16-15 08:11 PM
    He probably isn't. I just don't think its that difficult. I've had these cases on and off the two SEs I have a couple dozen times now and for sure they're tight vs the OG but I would have to really generate terrific force wrenching them off to generate that type of damage. Also, I don't know why the damage would be a the bottom. You take them off at the top, not the bottom so I would think the damage would be at the top, not the bottom. I don't know how to take these off the phone starting from the bottom...maybe that was the error.
    I think that may have been the problem. I have always slid the device in from the side then taken off the two corners (top and bottom) from the same side to get it off. Maybe if they included instructions for removing the case. Lol

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    08-16-15 08:14 PM
    I spent close to $600 on this phone so to have it **** naked is a no-no for me personally. Props to you guys though because that is way too high risk for me. I also think insurance is a waste of money. I always take pristine care of all my Blackberrys and never find myself in a situation where I need to do any exchanges. My 3 year old Z10 still looks brand new to this day.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-16-15 08:24 PM
    I spent close to $600 on this phone so to have it **** naked is a no-no for me personally. Props to you guys though because that is way too high risk for me. I also think insurance is a waste of money. I always take pristine care of all my Blackberrys and never find myself in a situation where I need to do any exchanges. My 3 year old Z10 still looks brand new to this day.

What case are you rolling with?
    08-16-15 08:37 PM
    OP,

Imo, put the flex case on it. I'm very careful will all my toys yet I had to replace the cracked screen twice on my Galaxy Note from drops. It didn't really bother me that much as I never liked the Note but if I damage my SE I'll go apoplectic. I'm so attached to it it's borderline neurotic.

I use the flex case that came with my SE and it serves for more than protection. I've been reading a lot of books on my PP. I noticed that if I pull the tab out on the back of the case I can use it to hold the phone more comfortably when reading - either by holding the tab itself or simply placing a few fingers of one hand in-between.
    I also noticed that if I'm marathon texting my typing speed and comfort significantly increases by placing fingers from both my hands in-between the tab and phone - that way I don't have to use my thumbs to hold the phone. Hey, this is my first pkb phone so I'm experimenting.

If I'm heading out for dinner or don't want the extra bulk of the case in my dress pants then I leave the case at home and am just extra careful. This phone is simply gorgeous and I'll admit that I love to show it off as I'm sure everyone else does but if I get a dent, like in the previous photo earlier in this thread, I'll go postal.
    08-16-15 08:57 PM
    The flex is nice and my favorite because it is so minimal. However I'm in a suit 5 days a week in an office so it's pretty low risk without a case. Definitely would be crying if I dropped it though. Maybe just the OEM holster or flex on weekends.
    08-16-15 09:34 PM
    Might be a tight fit but that looks like a drop job to me.

Posted via CB10
    Oh come on, don't be a fool. The dude's not going to take a picture after dropping his phone, go into a thread talking about cases, post the pic, and then spread a lie. What does he gain from that?

If he actually was out to tarnish BlackBerry or the new Passport, I think he'd could think of much better ways then in a small thread about using a protective case.

Some people's thought processes crack me up; faulty neurons.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    Anan likes this.
    08-16-15 10:05 PM
    What case are you rolling with?
    Just the flip case from the bundle and if I leave the house then I put it all into my portable LV bag. I am neurotic about cell phone handling so putting it in any pockets is a no-no when it comes to the shape of this phone. I hate the bulky look it portrays. Now if I wear a suit or winter jacket then it isn't so much of a problem compared to casual clothing.

08-16-15 10:14 PM
    Just the flip case from the bundle and if I leave the house then I put it all into my portable LV bag. I am neurotic about cell phone handling so putting it in any pockets is a no-no when it comes to the shape of this phone. I hate the bulky look it portrays. Now if I wear a suit or winter jacket then it isn't so much of a problem compared to casual clothing.

Don't you find the flip a bit awkward to use e.g. typing etc?
    08-16-15 10:20 PM
    Your eyes are pretty good , looks like he used a vice grip on the phone.
    08-16-15 10:26 PM
    Don't you find the flip a bit awkward to use e.g. typing etc?
    Strangely enough no. If anything it enhances the experience a bit. I am surprised that it isn't popular on this forum though. I keep hearing people mention the flex case a lot more often. The battery saving properties of the flip case is also a nice additional advantage and when I look at my SE closed with this case it looks professional.

08-16-15 10:36 PM
    Sorry, for off topic question, does your SE PP have screen flickering issue? My PP still has problem after many pushed updates and I have never do any unofficially update, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 10:48 PM
    will the flex case fit on the ATT passport?
    Passport Leather Flex Shell - Black
    Last edited by texn884; 08-16-15 at 11:13 PM.
    08-16-15 10:53 PM
    Sorry, for off topic question, does your SE PP have screen flickering issue? My PP still has problem after many pushed updates and I have never do any unofficially update, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry man but I'm not experiencing such issues. I'm on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339 just fyi.

08-16-15 11:07 PM
75 123