Why do we judge phones by how many apps they support. Where did this app race start. Blackberry have bowed to the app race pressure with the priv. Yet in reality it's just another android phone. Big whoop. My Blackberry Passport SE breaks the mold. The OS imo is second to none. It's a delight to use. The phone call quality is superb, yet these devices have the best app of all. A Phone. Texting and email are the best in class. So I understand the business side of producing the priv, but Blackberry, when will you get into your thick heads Blackberry 10 in the form of the Passport is ground breaking and provides the best user experience of all.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:20 PM
    Maybe when it puts them ahead of the game. When something doesn't work for a long time, people get the impression to do something different.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:56 PM
    Why do we judge phones by how many apps they support. Where did this app race start. Blackberry have bowed to the app race pressure with the priv. Yet in reality it's just another android phone. Big whoop. My Blackberry Passport SE breaks the mold. The OS imo is second to none. It's a delight to use. The phone call quality is superb, yet these devices have the best app of all. A Phone. Texting and email are the best in class. So I understand the business side of producing the priv, but Blackberry, when will you get into your thick heads Blackberry 10 in the form of the Passport is ground breaking and provides the best user experience of all.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think BlackBerry needs to be convinced that the Passport is groundbreaking and BB10 is amazing. They know it. They built it. The issue, which some here seem to really, really ignore, is that BlackBerry, despite how much WE love BB10 and the Passport, is getting absolutely, positively, definitively CREAMED in the marketplace. Almost nobody is buying BlackBerry's anymore, and nearly everyone is buying either Samsung or iPhone.

You may put more value in the phone app and dismiss apps, but that's not the general consensus- particularly among younger device users. Millennials don't call as much as they text or WhatsApp or SnapChat. Times have changed & so should BlackBerry.
    10-31-15 02:30 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry needs to be convinced that the Passport is groundbreaking and BB10 is amazing. They know it. They built it. The issue, which some here seem to really, really ignore, is that BlackBerry, despite how much WE love BB10 and the Passport, is getting absolutely, positively, definitively CREAMED in the marketplace. Almost nobody is buying BlackBerry's anymore, and nearly everyone is buying either Samsung or iPhone.

You may put more value in the phone app and dismiss apps, but that's not the general consensus- particularly among younger device users. Millennials don't call as much as they text or WhatsApp or SnapChat. Times have changed & so should BlackBerry.
    Change into what though? BlackBerry became successful in the Enterprise. It was that success in the enterprise that made regular consumers cross over to them. In fact, it was when BlackBerry started to make moves to cross over to the consumer is when they went downhill. So when you say get creamed in the marketplace, the marketplace you speak of isn't their customer base anyway, consumers are their "extra money" (sales outside their target audience that they won't turn down but won't expect either). They just need to keep doing what they are doing to get bb10 in the hands of the customers who really need it that will spend the guaranteed money (government and other high level agencies) , if a few consumers hop on board like a lot of us on this sight, great. If not, there's always the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 05:14 PM
    The thing is apps do matter. Especially apps that are popular/avoid telecommunication charges. For instance, Google maps for locating/getting directions or line an app used in Asia by millions. Yes many of the apps can be installed via android implementations on the pp but many have problems or don't even work. Some even cause restart issues like I have had. People want apps and they don't want to deal with the issues that are on the PP.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 05:33 PM