I think the cat is of the box. Prices are confirmed in some regions. Check out other threads in the forum. In Austria it's for around 570? I believe.

We all love a great comeback!
    570 euro?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:22 AM
    I live in the Netherlands and I am very interested in the BlackBerry Passport. I actually do hope RIM will price it aggressively. If they do the same as before, it will end the same as the Z10 and Z30.

RIM needs market share, much more than they need a (huge) profit on the phone. If they price it aggressively, like lets say Google does with its Nexus line, I see the Passport becoming a success. RIM can't afford high prices like Apple or Samsung, just and only because of the (ultra) low market share.

I really loved playing around on a Z10 and Z30, and I believe RIM/Chen can turn things around. But... they don't have much time to play around. If they fail selling a good/an excellent amount of the new phones (Classic/Passport), I don't see RIM surviving.

So, I really do hope that they will price the Passport aggressively. I hope it will be sold between 500-550 euro. If it's higher, I will wait till it gets a (huge) drop, like the Z10 and Z30. Or get an another phone. As will other people. I am an Android user, and I really do want to make a switch to BB.
    Last edited by zarGonnn; 09-10-14 at 02:34 AM.
    09-10-14 02:17 AM
    at this point i really don't care. & i don't think this will be the only phablet BB puts out either.
    09-17-14 04:19 PM
    i don't think this will be the only phablet BB puts out either.
    As one tech investor / blogger wrote: "BlackBerry's savior is *always* the NEXT thing they plan to release" lol

Posted via CB10
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    09-18-14 04:41 PM
    I really do hope they price it just right for the SMB segment to lap it up. That's the price point they should go for. The phone should be affordable to the consumer, the SMB and the big corporates alike. It's a thin line BlackBerry has to tread to get it right this time around.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 04:48 PM
    As one tech investor / blogger wrote: "BlackBerry's savior is *always* the NEXT thing they plan to release" lol

Posted via CB10
    BB survived. now its time for wearables, phablets, BBbook, neu_BBPlaybook, BB business software, BB Home, INTERNET-OF-THINGS, m2m, Blackberry Porsche Design Passport, Blackberry Porsche Design Classic et cetera...the Sky's the Limit for Blackberry, in 2015 & beyond...
    09-21-14 03:50 PM
    Just received an update from ILEX (one of the official BlackBerry distributors in Romania).
    Passport will be available in 10 days max, at 2700 RON (approx 494 EUR + 24% VAT taxes).
    09-22-14 02:37 AM
    According to an article from the Wall Street Journal from today the Passport will be priced at $599. That is an awesome price for an awesome device.
    I am really happy that they did not make the same mistake as at the Z10 launch and did not overprice the device. The sad truth is that while the Passport is a premium device Blackberry can no longer afford to demand premium prices like Apple.

But with $599 off contract the Passport could be really attractive for customers and enterprises. I for myself will get one as soon as it is available.
    Last edited by muhlan001; 09-22-14 at 07:16 AM.
    09-22-14 06:58 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Awesome price indeed!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:14 AM
    I just ordered some in the UK for delivery next week at 380 British pounds. That's excluding VAT @20%

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:15 AM
    According to an article from the Wall Street Journal from today the Passport will be priced at $599. That is an awesome price for an awesome device.
    Do anyone has link?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:23 AM
    Do anyone has link?

Posted via CB10
    It's posted in one of the other active threads here.

Now, as for the $599 price, I do feel that they could have done $50 better still, but the price is much better than going to the market with some ridiculous $700 or $800 price point.

Now I want to see if they do $599 CAD for the home market (Canada) or if they will jack it up closer to $700. If it's the former, great. The latter would make it a no buy at launch as it would make more sense to invest in an iPhone and wait for the Passport to drop in price.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:43 AM
    Are you whiners happy yet
    09-22-14 09:44 AM
    It's a miracle! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read the quote from Chen himself

BlackBerry has truly entered a new era! The old guard management finally seem to have been swept away.

Amazing. Great news BlackBerry!

Still hard to believe BlackBerry actually made the sensible decision on price. I guess 4 consecutive pricing disasters in a row (the Z10, the Q10, the Q5, the Z30) was enough for them.

So unlike them to make an intelligent pricing decision. Still in disbelief (in a good way!)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 09-22-14 at 11:49 AM.
    09-22-14 11:02 AM
    Are you whiners happy yet
    No. I'm not.

I won't be until it's in my hands.

Seeing as I'll still have to pay a minimum of 750, with all the extra fees included.

Still better than almost 900.

We'll see what Canadian Pricing is, and what carrier have it at how much, if shop blackberry will have it and when it's actually on sale.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    09-22-14 11:07 AM
    �380 net in the UK would be an excellent price. That an a sim only deal of around �15 a month makes for a reasonable amount over a 24 month contract.

Now they have the pricing right, could we have dual sims please?
    09-23-14 01:47 AM
    No. I'm not.

I won't be until it's in my hands.

Seeing as I'll still have to pay a minimum of 750, with all the extra fees included.

Still better than almost 900.

We'll see what Canadian Pricing is, and what carrier have it at how much, if shop blackberry will have it and when it's actually on sale.

Posted via CB10
    Not quite loll. I hope this is a typo

Don't price Passport aggressively!-crackberry-image-7-.jpg
    09-23-14 11:40 PM
192 ... 678