Passport can be bought brand new for $250.00. Not because the phone is old, because the OS is dead. We can't even be certain that we will receive any of the updates that have been promised. Future OS development is dead, therefore the BBOS lines of phones are dead. Once current inventory is sold, then you won't see anything for sale from BB. I don't even know why this is even up for discussion.
    11-22-16 01:17 PM
    Bb10 is dead

Posted via Passport SE
    11-22-16 02:30 PM
    Blackberry has said that they would license BB10 to another manufacturer if it made sense. There's not a lot of money building Android devices so if an OEM could license & develop the platform then it's conceivable that it could happen.
    Just don't hold your breath....

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 07:04 PM
    I just checked AT&T's website for available "Blackberry" devices,...and not one is listed! So, this only tells me that when one of the largest wireless carriers stop carrying your devices,...you're doomed!

Just say'n!
    I went to Vodaworld yesterday, I couldn't find the Blackberry shop anymore, so I asked the information desk and they told me all the Blackberry shops in South Africa are slowly closing down...so Blackberry ia dead.
    11-23-16 03:01 AM
    Just because an American carrier doesn't carry a device doesn't mean the OS is dead. Tizen isn't supported on American carriers at all, yet it is very much alive. Sprint still supports their Blackberry Q10 even though they don't sell it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 02:30 PM
    Passport can be bought brand new for $250.00. Not because the phone is old, because the OS is dead. We can't even be certain that we will receive any of the updates that have been promised. Future OS development is dead, therefore the BBOS lines of phones are dead. Once current inventory is sold, then you won't see anything for sale from BB. I don't even know why this is even up for discussion.
    Maybe I can help clear up your inability to understand " why this is even up for discussion."
    For starters.YOU are still discussing it! And for someone who has such a low opinion of Blackberry, why are YOU still using a Passport??
    Your entire post is nothing more than your very misinformed opinion.
    Tell us... how long did you run Windows 7 on your home computer? I know people that still run it and it hasn't changed in the 7 years that it's been installed in the computer of 8 years that it was purchased in.
    I don't hear anyone complaining about that, yet you go into hysterics if you don't get some kind of update, upgrade or download for your handheld mobile device at least once every other week. Get over it already. Don't you whiners and moaners get tired of hearing yourselves complain all the time?
    Do you actually enjoy carrying all that useless negative garbage around with you?

For an OS that's been Dead" for over two years, it still runs perfect on MY Passport AND as "dead" as it is, Android still doesn't come close to it, unless your main reason for having a mobile device is to play games on a social network that will surely be helpful when you find yourself complaining because your social skills are limited to texting and you wonder why you can't find a job.
    You have a device that offers you an infinite amount of knowledge and the majority of complaints are about what games do or don't work for you!!

I don't think "DEAD" means what you think it means!!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-29-16 at 04:45 PM.
    m3ach likes this.
    11-29-16 02:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure with or without AT&T support, the writing has been on the wall for quite some time that BB10 is dead
    This coming from a person who can't read! The BB10 OS that you had on your last Blackberry before going with a Priv and then a DTEK 50 and 60 is still running alive and well as it still is on my Passport.

OK, so maybe I came on a bit too strong. I take back what I said about "a person." I meant Doofus!!
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-29-16 02:49 AM
    Originally Posted by Carjackd
    I'm pretty sure with or without AT&T support, the writing has been on the wall for quite some time that BB10 is dead

Yeah...I'm aware of what you said. My point wasn't how you took it, but in context understand why it'd seem that way.

I've been trying to encourage my friends to try to work on their sense of humor.
    They';re either not trying or it isn't working!
    11-29-16 03:03 AM
    This coming from a person who can't read! The BB10 OS that you had on your last Blackberry before going with a Priv and then a DTEK 50 and 60 is still running alive and well as it still is on my Passport.

OK, so maybe I came on a bit too strong. I take back what I said about "a person." I meant Doofus!!
    Hey! I read once . It was a cookbook or sumptin.

My point earlier being.... This may be the last update bb10 gets. So I'm sure BlackBerry is polishing the update and making sure it has no hiccups

They really don't have an urgency to rush the release given that the current version is running "buttery smooth" . It seems as if some folks are expecting big improvements to 10.3.3 . I wouldn't hold my breath for that...i prefer the rope.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-29-16 09:21 AM
    Lostboy 5151

You have some good thoughts and I agree with them.
    From my very heathy, extinct Z30 that I bought when it first came out a wee bit over 3 years ago.

 Pr1ngle
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-29-16 02:07 PM
    Bb10 is dead

Posted via Passport SE
    If it's dead, why are on a Passport SE then? OS10 still has utility for people who are not app addicts and who are heavily email and messaging driven.

I put my DTEK back in the box and picked up a Passport SE on special. Don't regret it at all. Feels like I've come home.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 02:43 PM
    I know, I'm so disappointed in AT&T.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    11-29-16 07:39 PM
    If it's dead, why are on a Passport SE then? OS10 still has utility for people who are not app addicts and who are heavily email and messaging driven.

I put my DTEK back in the box and picked up a Passport SE on special. Don't regret it at all. Feels like I've come home.

Posted via CB10
    Because I'm cool

Posted via Passport SE
    11-29-16 07:50 PM
    BB10 isn't dead just look at 10.3.3 that just rolled out in March, er, April, I mean June...wait August......well soon!!!!!!
    11-29-16 08:28 PM
    Because I'm cool

Posted via Passport SE
    Cool.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 09:50 PM
    I loved my Blackberry Passport.
    But I need a few specific apps to run correctly on the phone, which just were not running on the Passport.
    Soooo with reluctance, I changed to the Android side and purchased an LG G5.

Amazing camera, love that you can replace the battery.
    BUT I still play on my Passport when I get home and miss having it with me.
    11-30-16 01:22 AM
    Originally Posted by Lostboy5151
    This coming from a DooFus who can't read! The BB10 OS that you had on your last Blackberry before going with a Priv and then a DTEK 50 and 60 is still running alive and well as it still is on my Passport.

Hey! I read once . It was a cookbook or sumptin.

My point earlier being.... This may be the last update bb10 gets. So I'm sure BlackBerry is polishing the update and making sure it has no hiccups

They really don't have an urgency to rush the release given that the current version is running "buttery smooth" . It seems as if some folks are expecting big improvements to 10.3.3 . I wouldn't hold my breath for that...i prefer the rope.
    Good Call, Jackd! Considering you like that whatjama call it OS and have no real Blackberry to install on

Ya know, I'm glad you suggested that I proof read ( not to be confused with pre-read)your post and fill in the minor details you leave out!
    12-01-16 03:28 AM
42 12