Whoops...

Don't Cycle With it in Your Front Pocket-bent-passport.jpg

It's subtle enough that I don't care. It goes in my satchel at all times now.
    01-10-15 04:26 AM
    ):

Bits--C000C6078 for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    01-10-15 05:26 AM
    Ouch.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-10-15 05:40 AM
    This is the second thing I've seen about them bending

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:28 AM
    Corkscrew. This phone will bend easily around the Y axis.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:54 AM
    BBbend

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    velkod likes this.
    01-10-15 10:02 AM
    Corkscrew. This phone will bend easily around the Y axis.

Posted via CB10
    Around the Y axis - i.e. Along the X axis.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:22 AM
    Many here refuse to believe that this can happen just by putting the Passport in your pocket.
    01-10-15 10:33 AM
    Around the Y axis - i.e. Along the X axis.

Posted via CB10
    No, not along the X axis. Only around the Y axis, in a corkscrew motion.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:37 AM
    Get a case!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-10-15 10:44 AM
    and this is why they make phone cases
    01-10-15 01:17 PM
    I blame Apple for this. They started the "bend" trend.

Posted from an ME173X
    Chrisy and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    01-10-15 01:21 PM
    Many here refuse to believe that this can happen just by putting the Passport in your pocket.
    Well, I certainly refuse to believe that. I've put mine in my pocket many times and nothing like this has happened yet. It's what you do while it's in your pocket!
    If someone hits you in the *** with a cricket bat and you have your Passport in your back pocket, the screen breaks... are you going to say that this happened because you put it in your pocket? I suppose, if you did, you would be correct, to a point. But there's always more to the story. It's a high tech piece of equipment. I don't just lug my laptop around in a grocery bag, swinging it into telephone poles as I walk down the sidewalk. You have to exercise some care in transporting this thing, regardless of how portable or well-built it is. It's a well made business device, not a military-grade indestructible brick.
    It sucks, OP, but maybe you can 'twist' it back into shape gently?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-10-15 01:25 PM
    Ouch
    01-10-15 02:05 PM
    I miss the good old days when you could cycle with your phone.

Posted from an ME173X
    01-10-15 02:17 PM
    I miss the good old days when you could cycle with your phone.

Posted from an ME173X
    Nice! Haha

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-10-15 02:26 PM
    Is it possible that a lot of repeated low-force twisting like having it in your pocket while you are cycling could cause it to warp?

Also, I don't think any case is going to prevent this unless it's a metal box.
    01-10-15 04:42 PM
    You were biking with a bigass phone in your pocket???

Did you have those tight shorts on too LOL?

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    01-10-15 05:37 PM
    My pp always warps(twists) like this almost every few days, and I simply twist back to normal with my bear hands and minimal force.

I wear loose formal pants for my work(clinic), but I have to fully bend my knees so many times a day to help patients moving. I see that there is going to be some force applied to the phone by my thigh and pants time to time depending the posture that I take. But it's not like I wear jeans or tight pants at any other ways.. and it never happened to my other phones including all other android phablet, iphone, and old blackberries....

Seriously this phone twists way too easy for nothing.. and if you guys still do not want to believe it, try it for yourself with very minimal force. Actually my three year old son twisted passport one time in a minute while he plays. I quickly twisted back the phone, and I never let my son to play with it again.... instead I gave my galaxy note 3 to him to play with ever since then.

Someone will say that its not a problem since I can always recover the shape back very easily, but seriously? It will eventually twist too many times to recover the original shape some day. I don't see myself using this phone for several years for this reason.

I'll probably get the next passport as soon as it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 06:40 PM
    Whoops...

It's subtle enough that I don't care. It goes in my satchel at all times now.
    What were you doing? Mountain biking? Why not get a proper bike pouch and place your phone, keys, etc. there?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 06:47 PM
    This happened on my z30 a lot. It has to bend otherwise it would crack and break
    01-10-15 07:05 PM
    I run and cycle with my Passport all the time.

When mountain biking, the PP goes into the valuable pocket if the Camelbak.

When (trail/pavement) running, I wear a small amphipod pouch that the PP fits perfect in.

When riding road, I wear a small all day pack made by Da Kine that has perfect pockets for the PP and my wallet.

I always carry the phone in bags when doing something active. Never in my pockets. I've broken too many phones in the past by falling with them in my pocket.

As a side note, I love the FM radio on the Passport and Classic! I rarely listen to Pandora or Apollo now unless I'm on a road trip.

Posted via CB10
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    01-10-15 10:28 PM
    I don't see how a pouch or case would stop the bending to any great extent. I'm just going to use the OEM holster when not in a suit jacket...particularly since the hard shell is scuffing the top of the device and I don't want to do any more damage.
    01-11-15 12:35 AM
    Don't Scuba dive with it in your pocket either. It bricks your phone.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    higherdestiny likes this.
    01-11-15 03:51 AM
    You were biking with a bigass phone in your pocket???

Did you have those tight shorts on too LOL?

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    Haha, nah just slightly slimmer jeans. I deluded myself into thinking it fitted in the front pocket (while it did, it did jet out from the sides a tad).

It also didn't help that I had the saddle too low for a while (I bought the bike a few months ago, but I the last time I cycled was ten years before), so I was bringing my leg up a lot higher than I should be.

What were you doing? Mountain biking? Why not get a proper bike pouch and place your phone, keys, etc. there?

Posted via CB10
    I use a hybrid bike to cycle to and fro work (about 40mins RTT). All my stuff goes in a messenger bag/satchel. It has two different sized pockets inside which, funnily enough, are the right sizes for my Passport and iPhone.
    01-11-15 04:54 AM
43 12