I should clarify that while I feel for the op and my atrocious carrier is denying my warranty claim, my issue isn't with the screen lift. My cell radio is malfunctioning.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    I'm having a problem with the cell radio too (passport) have you had any luck getting it fized?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 04:42 PM
    Two Passport in the house with no issues.
    What is your point? Seriously. That your two Passports are fine, therefore he must be lying? That's not how manufacturer defects work. My friend's friend fell out of a six-story building and survived, therefore it's not possible to die from falling out of a six-story building. Nothing more powerful or legitimate than anecdotal evidence.
    08-29-15 03:01 PM
    What is your point? Seriously. That your two Passports are fine, therefore he must be lying? That's not how manufacturer defects work. My friend's friend fell out of a six-story building and survived, therefore it's not possible to die from falling out of a six-story building. Nothing more powerful or legitimate than anecdotal evidence.
    WOW.....What your point? Did some **** in your Soup?
    08-29-15 08:28 PM
    Just received a new Passport Silver and immediately after taking from packing I noticed a screen lift in the upper right hand corner. Push it down and within 20 minutes, it's up again. Just enough of a lift to scrape finger when swiping down. Going to either get replaced or return for refund.
    08-31-15 09:58 AM
    Just received a new Passport Silver and immediately after taking from packing I noticed a screen lift in the upper right hand corner. Push it down and within 20 minutes, it's up again. Just enough of a lift to scrape finger when swiping down. Going to either get replaced or return for refund.
    Fairly common issue.
    08-31-15 10:28 PM
    Yeah so BlackBerry so crap

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 05:33 AM
    We bought our passport expensive and it gives us crappy quality phone

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 05:34 AM
    I've had my passport since May and the bottom right part of the screen just started to lift. It's noticeable enough that you can see the brightness from the screen leaking through. Guess I'll have to contact BlackBerry for a repair

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 11:59 AM
    I find what you've written very disturbing. The same thing happened to me with an expensive Panasonic stereo system 25 years ago and I haven't used their products since and wherever possible have discouraged others from using them.

Any manufacturer that doesn't stand behind their product doesn't deserve to have customers.

This said, have you contacted BlackBerry Canada directly, I've always had good experiences with them. They've replaced two handsets no questions asked in the past 15+ years I've used them, so this one surprises me.
    09-13-15 12:58 PM
    After reading countless threads with hardware issues for all high end bb10 models... I already don't trust bb10 with software as it's a new OS in the market with lots of small bugs.. now I distrust their hardware as well especially with the DT issues!!! So many people have them and yet BlackBerry claims to be the best in the pkb business... software issues can be easily fixed with updates but as a person living in a country in Africa with no bb support hardware issues cross the line of tolerance (atleast for me).... I wish that BlackBerry would change their hardware suppliers to more reliable ones cus I love bb10 OS and hope that it has a future!

Phew feels good to let it all out!

(my point is that these kind of issues should be rare and that this makes it seem that BlackBerry hasn't tested their devices properly)

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 01:29 PM
    It's pretty obviously an issue with the design and the glue that is used to hold the screen. It seems to dry hot when it gets to hot (maybe the frame deforms also). BlackBerry is aware of this issue and swapped my Passport instantly.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 01:40 PM
    After reading countless threads with hardware issues for all high end bb10 models... I already don't trust bb10 with software as it's a new OS in the market with lots of small bugs.. now I distrust their hardware as well especially with the DT issues!!! So many people have them and yet BlackBerry claims to be the best in the pkb business... software issues can be easily fixed with updates but as a person living in a country in Africa with no bb support hardware issues cross the line of tolerance (atleast for me).... I wish that BlackBerry would change their hardware suppliers to more reliable ones cus I love bb10 OS and hope that it has a future!

Phew feels good to let it all out!

(my point is that these kind of issues should be rare and that this makes it seem that BlackBerry hasn't tested their devices properly)

Posted via CB10
    First of all: if one reads nothing but negative information about anything, then naturally that person's perception of that thing will be tainted negative. One must remember that the vast majority of devices with no problems means that their users will not be saying anything about that at all. Problems with devices are over represented on any message board. Look up iPhone complaints on various message boards and if that's all you read, then you'll think that Apple is not to be trusted, just like how you don't trust BlackBerry

Second: you mention that the double typing issues can easily be fixed with updates. Well guess what, that's exactly what BlackBerry's latest update has done. Look at its release notes and you'll see for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 01:44 PM
    Easier said than done. If BlackBerry support in Australia is the same as it is in Germany, you are out of luck. BlackBerry itself has no and I repeat no contact options for consumers. No phone numbers, no E-Mail, nothing. You have to reach out to your retailer or your carrier so they contact BlackBerry regarding any warranty issues.

I mentioned it already elsewhere, but I am trying since January to simply get a working BlackBerry Classic, yesterday I had to send in my third unit. Prior doing so, I contacted BBHelp via Twitter. They seemed helpful at first until I mentioned I am located in Germany and have bought the phone via an online shop. They said they have nothing to do with this matter any further and I need to contact my retailer. They also stopped replying to furthet requests. I simply complained every single RMA process takes five to six weeks at least, just to swap out that bloody phone with a refurbished unit and send it back. With my third RMA ticket, the time without even being able to use the phone will grow up to a total of more than 15 weeks. Thats almost four months in total since January that I can't use a BlackBerry product I got from a certified BlackBerry dealer. BlackBerry basically told me they don't care at all and it is not of their business giving me support as a consumer.

The next time I will purchase a phone I will think at least twice if it will be a BlackBerry. I am not the only one (from Germany) by the way who gets turned away from BB due to the poor service. I am not even sad that BB hardware sales keep to decline, with that kind if poor service, I am not surprised people will switch to other brands.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same kind of reseller service over there down under
    I had a similar experience with Q10, it was faulty from day one had it replaced three times without hassle, after a few months a few keys were so responsive that if I laid my finger on them they would see it as an input, even from typing near those keys they'd get inserted! I had it sent back THREE times and they didn't repair anything! I had the option to get a different device and I chose a Sony which I sold after a few months to get back to my 9900. WORST customer service I've ever experienced!

And I totally understand that people will turn away from a brand for something like that.

Got here with my Diplomatic Passport
    09-13-15 01:54 PM
    First of all: if one reads nothing but negative information about anything, then naturally that person's perception of that thing will be tainted negative. One must remember that the vast majority of devices with no problems means that their users will not be saying anything about that at all. Problems with devices are over represented on any message board. Look up iPhone complaints on various message boards and if that's all you read, then you'll think that Apple is not to be trusted, just like how you don't trust BlackBerry

Second: you mention that the double typing issues can easily be fixed with updates. Well guess what, that's exactly what BlackBerry's latest update has done. Look at its release notes and you'll see for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with your first point but my reply is that: I know lots of iphone owners and they have no hardware issues... while even though I know only few BlackBerry owners and most have hardware issues with their phones...
    Fine I won't say it's all the BlackBerry phones but in the end BlackBerry is held responsible for most of these issues( regardless of whoever has manufactured the device) and they should work on improving this and their customer services.

Second.. I didn't mention that DT is a software issue.. I said that software issues can be fixed easily with updates unlike hardware issues.... DT is a major hardware issue and BlackBerry has only tried to fix it with software... and I am pretty sure that it is a hardware issue regardless of the debates going on about that. And so is screen lifting... even though it not might be as common as DT but I hope that BlackBerry has learnt from its past mistakes and that it's future phones have a more reliable / better hardware quality..... or atleast good enough to last 2 years without issues.....

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 02:20 PM
    I don't use my Passport to the level that it gets too hot.

Perhaps that's why I'm not plagued with this issue. I do feel your pain when dealing with Telcos and almost have no confidence here in Australia with device like BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    09-13-15 06:11 PM
    Passport Silver Edition in Vietnam suffers from double issues: front glass lift and loose back cover. At least two whole batches (shipped by the end of August and by the start of this month), and at least one shop suffers from these issues. I can confirm that from my own experience.
    09-13-15 11:05 PM
    Passport Silver Edition in Vietnam suffers from double issues: front glass lift and loose back cover. At least two whole batches (shipped by the end of August and by the start of this month), and at least one shop suffers from these issues. I can confirm that from my own experience.
    That's why I'm holding back. The first iteration of a new design is bound to have some teething issues. They should have upped the specs a little if they were going to change the aesthetics.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    09-14-15 06:29 AM
    So basically all Passports have problems?
    09-14-15 06:57 AM
    So basically all Passports have problems?
    No. I think the pieces are classified. High grade pieces are available only in selected markets (North America and Europe, for example). Lower grade pieces are shipped to the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 08:22 AM
    No. I think the pieces are classified. High grade pieces are available only in selected markets (North America and Europe, for example). Lower grade pieces are shipped to the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    What?! Is that confirmed in any way? My german Passport had the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 11:38 AM
    What?! Is that confirmed in any way? My german Passport had the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    Did you really see front glass lift and loose back cover the first day, when you've just bought your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 12:12 PM
    Did you really see front glass lift and loose back cover the first day, when you've just bought your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    No. Just after a crazy hot summer day with spotify and navigation running.

The Passport after the warranty swap did have a sliiightly lifted screen on the right corner (you had to look veeery closely). So I still guess it's just a design flaw for all devices around the world.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 03:46 PM
    No. Just after a crazy hot summer day with spotify and navigation running.

The Passport after the warranty swap did have a sliiightly lifted screen on the right corner (you had to look veeery closely). So I still guess it's just a design flaw for all devices around the world.

Posted via CB10
    Design flaw, probably. Whole batch of lower grade pieces in Germany, probably not. I think your piece was qualified Perfectly Built when it was shipped. That's different to my case.
    09-14-15 09:52 PM
    Design flaw, probably. Whole batch of lower grade pieces in Germany, probably not. I think your piece was qualified Perfectly Built when it was shipped. That's different to my case.
    On my third Passport SE here in CA, USA. Bought it the second week w/ the bundle. 1st had screen lift on left side, 2nd had screen lift on right side and loose SIM/SD cover, 3rd has slight raise left AND right side (basically entire top edge)... ugh too much time to dedicate for a 4th replacement, give up.
    09-15-15 09:33 AM
    Just pulled the trigger on a Passport SE... I'll be watching out for these screen lift issues. I can be pretty picky about build quality.
    I never used any Apple products before, but I think their build quality is very good.
    09-15-15 09:46 AM
155 ... 34567