Ok I have searched...and please point me in the right direction if I have missed this discussion elsewhere.

Does the space bar on your passport have the same click as all the other keys or is it a softer less noticeable click? Mine has a slight click but not near the same as the other keys. Is this because there are maybe two connections under the space bar instead of just one? I am wondering if my keyboard is off or if I need to RMA for a new device.

It just seems that with it not having the same feel as the rest of the keys that there may be an issue....then again I could be just nit-picking.

Thanks so much for any responses in helping me to understand if this is a hardware or user issue.
    05-12-15 11:27 AM
    Ok I have searched...and please point me in the right direction if I have missed this discussion elsewhere.

Does the space bar on your passport have the same click as all the other keys or is it a softer less noticeable click? Mine has a slight click but not near the same as the other keys. Is this because there are maybe two connections under the space bar instead of just one? I am wondering if my keyboard is off or if I need to RMA for a new device.

It just seems that with it not having the same feel as the rest of the keys that there may be an issue....then again I could be just nit-picking.

Thanks so much for any responses in helping me to understand if this is a hardware or user issue.
    My Passport's space bar is slightly softer too - I don't find this a problem at all.
    05-12-15 11:44 AM
    I must confess that this sort of thing has never occurred to me since getting my Passport at launch. I suppose my space bar has a slightly softer sound - but does it matter?

I guess I'm old enough to just not worry about minutiae any more. As long as something does what it's supposed to do, I'm good.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    05-12-15 11:50 AM
    Thanks all for the input. I was just curious because I notice I tend to push a little harder when typing due to the less "clicky" fell of that specific key.

I agree that it is working fine...just didn't know if that was how all the others were or not. At the end of the day it is working so I will quit obsessing about it or move on from noticing it.

Thanks again for your inputs...they are greatly appreciated.
    05-12-15 12:00 PM
    I didn't noticed this, you are right, but as long as it works I am fine with this.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    05-12-15 12:54 PM
    Mine is less clicky, also softer to push. Function is fine though.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:02 PM
    If may feel softer because if you look closely...the angle of the where the space bar rises is at the bottom where as the angle of the all the other keys is at the top giving you a feeling of a bigger click as opposed to a softer click experienced on the space bar.

But in the end...as long as it works and works well.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    05-12-15 04:15 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference between the space bar and the rest of the keys

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 04:25 PM
    Mine was quite noticeable on the unlocked Passport. The keys themselves didn't show any true consistency in terms of click-pressure. Some were stiffer, some were softer. The spacebar seemed to work well if you pushed directly in the center, but it often wouldn't register if my right thumb hit the right side of it.

My AT&T Passport's keyboard is just on another level. Click-pressure is far less, capacitive touch input is far more responsive, the feel of each key and spacebar no matter where you press is soft and consistent.

Maybe I got lucky, but I do feel they redid the keyboard with the redesign and did a much better job. The bigger chin really makes a huge difference too.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-12-15 05:21 PM
    I had this with my original and it wreaked havoc with my OCD. I have never had any issues with the AT&T.

This could be because they improved the keyboard, or that the chin space prevents from hitting the key at an awkward angle

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:07 PM
    Thanks again for the inputs guys and gals. I as well have the att and I think that people are right that the spacebar being angled the other way also plays into the bar feeling softer.

Regardless it works great and I am smitten with this device. Which is honestly all that matters.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:15 PM
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just received a new black Passport, that was made in December 2014 and it's spacebar is way softer than the other keys. I also have a black Passport made in July 2015N and all of its keys have an even click and the spacebar is more clicky than the December 2014 model. They obviously have made changes then to the keyboard. I personally prefer the clickier version! The softer December 2014 Passport spacebar feels like it's already bottoming out!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 06:32 PM
    the space bar had different feel on the OP, not so in the SE.
    01-04-16 07:25 PM
    the space bar had different feel on the OP, not so in the SE.
    How so? Softer press on the Silver Edition?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 07:52 PM
    No, it just had the same feel as the other keys. The OP has a uneven keyboard feel, some keys are softer than other. No big deal though.
    01-04-16 08:13 PM