Anyone who lives or works in Japan, please respond. Getting a nano-sim working. Thanks!
    Last edited by redcubicle; 05-23-15 at 06:49 PM.
    05-23-15 06:22 PM
    Yes. I know of one Japanese CBer using the Passport on NTT DoCoMo, full time resident. There may be another one, but I'm not sure if he's on DoCoMo or currently residing in Japan.
    05-23-15 06:59 PM
    Here's some more information on using cell phones in Japan: Cell Phones in Japan
    05-23-15 07:05 PM
    I'm stationed in Okinawa with the USAF, i've been on contract with AU for the past 3 years with an old iphone 4. Im waiting on a new unlocked passport to come in the mail, hopefully sometime this week, and I've been told by Softbank if I bring the phone in they can try out their prepaid sim cards and see if anything works, don't know if its actually prepaid or on a contract. AU straight up told me they are worthless and can't help me at all....I hate them if thats not obvious lol. I've seen alot of crackberrians talk about using Docomo. I tried to talk to a woman at Docomo today about prepaid cards but i dont think she understood any english and just said no to all my questions sooooo once my phone gets here i'm gonna go see what's up with the softbank we have on base here (because their english is very good) and probably check out a Docomo closest to base and see what they say (docomo is the only company not on base here...dont know why because they're on base in Guam...) Anyway, once I find out more I will post my findings in detail. As well as a screenshot of my network settings to show what band I am using when and if i can find a working sim card...
    redcubicle likes this.
    05-24-15 05:01 AM