As above, does the passport support wireless calling? I think this is also down to the phone network in use but does the phone in general support it. Just asking before I grab one soon and try it out at home.
    10-04-17 09:59 AM
    I don't understand your question : the very definition of a cell phone is that it can call wirelessly. Are you asking if it can call via WiFi?
    10-04-17 10:09 AM
    I don't understand your question : the very definition of a cell phone is that it can call wirelessly. Are you asking if it can call via WiFi?
    That's correct, guess I should have been more direct . Was hoping it could make calls via my home broadband
    10-04-17 11:34 AM
    In short, yes. It supports WiFi calling when used with a carrier that also supports WiFi calling but without knowing your carrier information, there is no definitive answer one can give you.
    10-04-17 02:27 PM
    What carrier are you on or will be using for this phone? What country?
    10-04-17 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Vodafone UK and BT broadband.
    10-04-17 03:23 PM
    Oh. I thought he meant wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 11:50 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Vodafone UK and BT broadband.
    Call your carrier and ask if they will support such Features on an unlocked BlackBerry Passport running BB10. This late in the game, I doubt it. When I got my Passport 3+ years ago here in the U.S. on T-Mobile, I did not get WiFi Calling at first. I had to transcend through many support agents and escalated all the way past Tier 3 the support to some high end engineer. The problem is that these out of network phones aren't usually a listed on their Whitelist as we call it. In other words, the IMEI to these devices are not register on their servers. This does not allow WiFi Calling or VoLTE to function on the phones. I spend countless hours and research learning what and who to ask while circumventing through tech support. Should be an easier task now, so they should be able to tell you right away. In essence, w/o an IMEI number to provide them, they really won't be able to confirm if such features (as long as your carrier supports such features) will work, and if so, will require whitelisting or registering your phone's IMEI on their servers (usually higher tier tech support) and then re-provision your phone with reboots. The phone itself supports it, but as I've explained, requires carrier intervention and setup.

We are going through this right now trying to get the India Dual-SIM Version of the BlackBerry KeyOne Black Edition to work here in the States with T-Mobile and AT&T, but as of yet, no avail.
    10-05-17 12:00 AM
    Thanks very much for the reply and info. I haven't purchased yet so can't provide Vodafone with any further details. I will just have to wait and see. Thanks again
    10-05-17 10:19 AM
    Thnx it was my question too because my career started to add Wi-Fi calling.
    So I have to wait for them to add passport support too!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 11:52 AM
    I have a Passport using 10.3.3.1435, found an Android app called WiCall, it works for Calling Out , well.. But not for people calling in..
    10-10-17 06:35 PM