05-16-15 06:11 PM
27 12
tools
    On my Passport (SQW100-1 / 10.3.0.754) I am unable to use a SanDisk 64 GB microSDXC memory card. Have tried formatting (exFAT). Keep getting the downloading media card driver message and then another than file cannot be downloaded. Tried from Settings > Storage too. Tried formatting through Passport and using, no go.

It's a brand new card and works perfectly well on my Z30 running 10.2. At the same time, a SanDisk 32 GB microSDXC memory card works fine on my Passport. So, it's not an hardware issue, there's no issue with the card, so what is happening??!!!

Anyone know?
    10-15-14 04:21 PM
    I mights have same card. Sandisk 64gb silver and red one.
    Mine has worked fine in passport.
    Have you tried any other cards see if they work? Oh sorry you have?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 04:31 PM
    Make sure your new card isn't a fake, which can partially work but will corrupt and fail for sure once you exceed a certain storage amount.

Run this on it (probably would need to be in Mass Storage Mode or use a microsd to USB adapter). If it doesn't pass completely it's a bogus card. I quit buying cards from anything except authorized resellers because SO MANY cards are fake it's not even funny...
    H2testw - Download - heise online

Also the card can be totally corrupted by above means and still format ok, as the format doesn't really do anything to the entire storage space.
    10-15-14 04:52 PM
    The card was a replacement for an old SanDisk card that went bad. Got it from SanDisk's authorised service centre in India. The replacement was processed by SanDisk APAC. No chance its a fake.
    10-15-14 04:55 PM
    Hmm not sure then, i have a Sony 64gb microsdxc that worked without any issues or setup.
    10-15-14 05:08 PM
    I have an extreme pro SanDisk 64gb that is gold and red that worked fine in my q10 and z30 but will not work in my passport. Passport always showed error while downloading the drivers.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 05:12 PM
    it might be a 10.3 problem. Might need to update to 10.3 on the z30 and try if no one else can chime in.
    10-15-14 05:45 PM
    I believe I have the same microSDXC card... I had to format the card with the Passport to get it to work properly but it has been functioning fine since.
    10-15-14 06:04 PM
    I too had problems until I formatted it with the phone. No problems since.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:07 PM
    What the heck!!! I tried for hours last night, connecting my Passport to various networks (Wi-Fi, mobile, etc) and nothing happened. Just kept getting a Media card driver download failure message. Restarted many times. Took it in and out many times. Finally, since the Z30 was reading the 64 GB card left it there.

And now, I take it out of my Z30 to put into Passport and send you screen shots of the error and it again says “Media card driver downloading.”

I wait for the error message.

Nothing comes.

And then it tells me “The media card is ready for use.”

Freaky! Absolutely freaky! Most likely, the site from where the media card driver was being downloaded was down.
    10-16-14 01:32 AM
    What the heck!!! I tried for hours last night, connecting my Passport to various networks (Wi-Fi, mobile, etc) and nothing happened. Just kept getting a Media card driver download failure message. Restarted many times. Took it in and out many times. Finally, since the Z30 was reading the 64 GB card left it there.

And now, I take it out of my Z30 to put into Passport and send you screen shots of the error and it again says “Media card driver downloading.”

I wait for the error message.

Nothing comes.

And then it tells me “The media card is ready for use.”

Freaky! Absolutely freaky! Most likely, the site from where the media card driver was being downloaded was down.
    10-16-14 01:32 AM
    I had issues with my Micro SD card coming from the Q10. I have Format the card directly from the Passport and then repopulate each folders, works fine now.
    10-16-14 01:54 AM
    OP, just update OS at least to 10.3.0.1418 and everything will work perfect.

I'm also using SanDisk 64GB microSDXC, no problem so far.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:03 AM
    Same problem with same card with my Q10 in August!
    Got a Samsung 32GB SDHC Class10 instead and it worked with no problems.
    In the Passport, I did not put any card until now!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-16-14 02:04 AM
    My 64 gb card works great. Should not need to do anything or install anything. Just ensure the card is installed correctly (direction and not flipped over) and start phone. Install when phone is fully powered off and start phone once installed. Phone will automatically format the card. Nothing really to do.

Sent using the wondefurl BlackBerry Passport
    10-16-14 08:00 AM
    I mights have same card. Sandisk 64gb silver and red one.
    Mine has worked fine in passport.
    Have you tried any other cards see if they work? Oh sorry you have?

Posted via CB10
    Same thing here, the pro 64gb card had no issues coming from my Z10, unfortunate luck it took so long OP, but glad it fixed itself!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-16-14 09:03 AM
    My 64gb SanDisk Ultra micro SD just popped into my Passport and worked straight away...no issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:12 AM
    My Passport also would not download the driver (which felt so like Windows) for my 128gb card until I rebooted. Has worked fine since.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:25 AM
    Make sure the card is class 10
    If you have anything other than class 10 (like class 4 which is cheaper) you will run into problems
    10-16-14 09:33 AM
    My Passport also would not download the driver (which felt so like Windows) for my 128gb card until I rebooted. Has worked fine since.

Posted via CB10
    128GB it's understandable it has to download the driver and could have issues since *officially* 128 cards aren't supported except by the Porsche edition BlackBerry's, but it is good to see that those are working like they should!

It's funny really, Apple STILL has yet to add SD card support, it's astounding!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-16-14 09:33 AM
    I just got a ScanDisk Ultra 256GB micro xc card for my passport and it won't read it.
    Any suggestions?
    01-13-15 09:26 PM
    my sandisk 64gb sd class 10 card was not OK out of the box but I stuck it in the fone & used the fone to format it & since then works like a champ...
    01-13-15 09:36 PM
    I just got a ScanDisk Ultra 256GB micro xc card for my passport and it won't read it.
    Any suggestions?
    So the first thing have point out, there are no Sandisk MicroSD cards at 256GB xc that i know of or even on their website.

Can you provide the actual Mfg # please. The highest card capacity that i know of is 128gb and they just came out last year.

If my information is incorrect, please someone correct me, because I would love to get 256GB micro SD UHS to go in my Passport!!

looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.0.908, OS 10.3.0.1418
    01-13-15 09:44 PM
    I have a SanDisk 128Gbyte card on my Passport. Has worked flawlessly from day one, immediately after insertion in phone. No need to download any drivers.
    Passport does not support 256gbyte cards if they exist
    01-13-15 09:58 PM
    I have the exact same SanDisk 64Gb MIcroSD XC Card. The red and gray one. Bought it new together with the Passport from Amazon. Plugged it on, card worked flawlessly. stored many photos and music on it.

Then one day, my blackberry passport died: Sent it back to Amazon, got a refund, bought a new replacement passport from Amazon.

Restored my full backup from the old passport; Fine. plugged the SD card into the new passport: EXACT SAME PROBLEM as OP...

... Kept the card on the Passport; turned USB mass storage mode ON; connected passport with my Mac via USD cable; Was able to read (ad backup to the mac) ALL the photos and music from the card, just fine!... after backing up the card; turned USD mass storage mode back OFF on the passport; card had SAME issues; ("file cannot be downloaded"... "media card problem"., bla bla).

... Tried formatting the card from the passport; No luck.

WTF?? card works perfectly on one passport, doesnt work on another passport; but is read perfectly from a Macbook when still installed on the passport and accessed via USB mass storage mode.

Blackberryyyyy,,, C'moooon... REALLY????
    05-13-15 09:30 PM
27 12