Does the BB passport have a HDMI out port. Can't seem to find anything about it on the BB website!?
    11-12-14 10:12 AM
    Power port at bottom is a slim port. Which doubles as an HDMI out with a simple adaptor.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    11-12-14 10:13 AM
    That's cool, was worried it didn't have one and that would definitely stop me from getting one. I always plug my Z10 into my tv to watch sports. Thanks for the info.
    11-12-14 10:17 AM
    Here's a link for you to buy one

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=hHRUux0O

Does Passport have HDMI port?-51isedp9aml._sl1366_.jpg

PassPort
    mjmbtv likes this.
    11-12-14 10:44 AM
    It can also do VGA, wi-fi direct,miracast.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:48 AM
    Does Passport have HDMI port?-img_20141111_173603.jpg

Slim port to hdmi

In Squircle I Trust
    11-12-14 10:54 AM
    But then that means that you cannot charge at the same time, doesn't it?

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    11-13-14 04:24 AM
    The slimport adapter has a slot to plug your charger into so yes you can charge aswell.

Via CB10 from Scotland using my awesome PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-13-14 04:30 AM
    It's the best of both worlds.
    Plugs in to show a video and it can charge. How awesome is that?
    Thanks Blackberry.
    11-13-14 07:31 AM
    Keep in mind that the Passport and Q10 show the videos in a square screen when ouput via HDMI and using a source/application that does not support the Playon feature. When you have access to the Playon feature, the HDMI is output to full screen if the video is in that format.

For example, most streaming videos will not support the Playon feature if played through the web browser. The Youtube app supports Playon, but most other streaming sources do not, including the Netflix app.

Videos resident on the device, played via the video player app support Playon.

Docs to Go also support Playon and I suppose any native BB10 app could be coded to support Playon.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:50 AM
    It also means one of the things we bragged about is no longer true. With the Playbook and all previous BB10 phones, we were so pleased to just need a MicroHDMI cable without paying extra for an adapter like those stupid Apple users.

Now we aren't much better off
    11-14-14 12:56 AM
    It also means one of the things we bragged about is no longer true. With the Playbook and all previous BB10 phones, we were so pleased to just need a MicroHDMI cable without paying extra for an adapter like those stupid Apple users.

Now we aren't much better off
    Well you can get one for like 8 bucks or so off ebay so it's not really a big investment
    11-14-14 01:05 AM
    I guess I was dumb & ordered one from Amazon that actually had good reviews. The better quality ones seem to be closer to $20.
    11-15-14 03:33 AM
    Keep in mind that the Passport and Q10 show the videos in a square screen when ouput via HDMI and using a source/application that does not support the Playon feature. When you have access to the Playon feature, the HDMI is output to full screen if the video is in that format.

For example, most streaming videos will not support the Playon feature if played through the web browser. The Youtube app supports Playon, but most other streaming sources do not, including the Netflix app.

Videos resident on the device, played via the video player app support Playon.

Docs to Go also support Playon and I suppose any native BB10 app could be coded to support Playon.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Unfortunately none of the games support Playon feature. I used to use a z10 to play a few games with a game controller on a monitor. Sounds like it's not possible to play a landscape game via HDMI on a Passport anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:17 AM
    Here's a link for you to buy one

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=C5HipVTk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51isedP9AmL._SL1366_.jpg 
Views:	842 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	313899

PassPort
    Do you really need this? Can't you just by a mobile hdmi cable that doesn't require an adapter?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-15-14 09:18 AM
    Do you really need this? Can't you just by a mobile hdmi cable that doesn't require an adapter?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    Yes, you could also buy a direct cable from slim port (not micro HDMI) to your TV or HDMI.

But you may find the adapter easier if you already have an HDMI cable for your other TV sources.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:35 AM
    So just out of curiously could you set up the passport to use a regular keyboard and mouse using usb otg ,while charging the passport and outputting via hdmi cable to an external monitor.
    I've seen this done with a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:56 AM