I am using Samsung mobile phone which runs on Android.
    Recently, I saw a BlackBerry Passport in a shopping center and I fell in love with its look and specifications.
    I really want to get one BlackBerry Passport, but my concern is that whether it works with normal/ordinary 3G data plans available to ordinary users.
    I spoke with couple of carriers in my city (Kabul, Afghanistan) and they told me that their BB data plan is 2G and, in addition, their data plan for BB is more expensive than ordinary 3G data plans. I can get 3GB 3G data for android/iphone around 12-15 USD per month, but BB data plan--which is slower than ordinary 3G data plans--costs around 65-70 USD per month.

I am residing in Kabul, capital of Afghanistan. Please help me with this dilemma; I will definitely get a BlackBerry Passport if it works with ordinary 3G data plans.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    03-09-15 11:15 AM
    Yes, the PassPort is backward compatible with 3G networks.

The carrier you're talking to is referring to "old" BlackBerry when they talk about special 2G data plans. The new ones don't require them (essentially, they work about the same as Android phones).
    Chris Chin likes this.
    03-09-15 11:19 AM
    Yes, you don't need a specific "BlackBerry" plan anymore with any of the BlackBerry 10 operating system phones. Don't let them sway you. I have an unlocked Z30 and it's worked fine on other carriers and not using a BlackBerry specific plan. Just be sure you have a nano Sim card.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    03-09-15 11:27 AM
    Working with 3G perfectly, as any android or apple device,no issues here

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-09-15 02:46 PM
    Yep, just buy the phone and simply insert your current SIM card in. If your SIM is too big then get your carrier to switch it out to a Nano size SIM. Just remember don't let them persuade you to switch your plan.
    03-09-15 03:51 PM