Hi, has anyone tried side loading Mobileiron on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 05:14 AM
    BlackBerry hasn't released their API's to the competitive EMM/MDM as of yet but I understand that the goal was to release those in Q1 to a select few competitors. I don't recall if MI was one of them.

Sideloading the competitive MDM vendors app or using Android ports does not work.
    03-13-15 04:47 PM
    Don't think it works under Mobile Iron. From the press release I partially quoted below, I think BlackBerry was initially going to open up their APIs to the competitors with much deeper pockets than BlackBerry and that would be IBM, SAP, Citrix, VMWare (for AirWatch). Good and Mobile Iron were standalone companies, and I think the logic might be "Why support the guys not backed by deep pockets?" If AirWatch hadn't been just acquired by VMWare, I doubt VMWare/AirWatch would've been on that list.

From BlackBerry's May 13, 2014 press release:

BlackBerry Opens BlackBerry 10 Operating System to Multiple MDM Platforms

AirWatch, Citrix, IBM and SAP intend to manage BlackBerry 10 devices

May 13, 2014

Waterloo, ON - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that it will enable mobile device management (MDM) companies to directly manage devices with the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

AirWatch, Citrix, IBM and SAP have expressed their intent to be the first companies to work with BlackBerry to enable a more open mobility ecosystem. In doing so, BlackBerry will provide organizations with more options to embrace multi-operating system mobile environments by enabling other MDM companies to manage BlackBerry 10 devices.
    03-13-15 07:40 PM