It has been a long time since I had to shop for a Passport, but I had the bad antenna issue. My impression is that all variants of the Passport will work equally well on AT&T's mobile services in the continental U.S.

Is this correct? Is there one variant that gets a faster or stronger signal?

Thank you.
    02-09-18 03:10 PM
    As long as it's a GSM model it may not matter. I know it mattered with the Z30 and AT&T but that was kind of a special situation - the typical GSM Z30 model STA100-5 wasn't working that great with AT&T LTE depending on what bands were in use in your specific area.

For what it's worth, AT&T LTE was only working in limited areas at first around Houston TX with my Z30, but my Passport SE (SQW100-4) works fine.

Richard
    02-09-18 03:43 PM
    It has been a long time since I had to shop for a Passport, but I had the bad antenna issue. My impression is that all variants of the Passport will work equally well on AT&T's mobile services in the continental U.S.

Is this correct? Is there one variant that gets a faster or stronger signal?

Thank you.
    The AT&T version seems to sell for less. Carrier locked penalty if you will...
    02-09-18 03:56 PM
    As long as it's a GSM model it may not matter. I know it mattered with the Z30 and AT&T but that was kind of a special situation - the typical GSM Z30 model STA100-5 wasn't working that great with AT&T LTE depending on what bands were in use in your specific area.

For what it's worth, AT&T LTE was only working in limited areas at first around Houston TX with my Z30, but my Passport SE (SQW100-4) works fine.

Richard
    Thanks.
    02-09-18 09:22 PM
    The AT&T version seems to sell for less. Carrier locked penalty if you will...
    Good strategy. Rounded corners are nice. I had one before that I think also had the antenna issue. I liked the inductive charging capability but it would heat up and started to thicken. I think layers were separating after heating up on the charger.

I'm staying away from the SE despite the better keyboard. Don't want to pay the premium only to scuff up the corners.

Price on the OR is sticking around $190 for new-ish.
    02-09-18 09:25 PM
    Good strategy. Rounded corners are nice. I had one before that I think also had the antenna issue. I liked the inductive charging capability but it would heat up and started to thicken. I think layers were separating after heating up on the charger.

I'm staying away from the SE despite the better keyboard. Don't want to pay the premium only to scuff up the corners.

Price on the OR is sticking around $190 for new-ish.
    I could've sworn there have been a couple of AT&T Passports on CB in the $100 range...
    02-09-18 09:45 PM
    I could've sworn there have been a couple of AT&T Passports on CB in the $100 range...
    I will look. Haven't spent much time looking.
    02-09-18 11:48 PM
    I will look. Haven't spent much time looking.
    Per our discussion in other thread, prices on BB10 devices have dropped since EOL announcement. The AT&T locked devices always trade at discount to Factory unlocked.

Check Swappa and Ebay too. Good luck.
    02-10-18 08:38 AM