Last year the customer support that I received was exceptional. Unfortunately that's no longer the case. I don't know how to fix my Passport's camera problem and since many people have reported the same problem there is no doubt it is a software problem, but it hasn't been resolved in a very long time considering it is a very serious issue. So, does BlackBerry want people out of BB10? That's the question that comes to my mind, because every day I expect a solution to this issue and yet nothing.

I will get the KEYone as soon as it's available, but I don't have any plans to "move on". I've written other posts about the amazing advantages I get on the Passport over Android, that overcome limitations such as no tap-to-pay ability, lack of some apps or useful widgets. I truly believe BB10 is the best platform that has ever existed, and the there's one very strong reason why I don't consider giving up my Passport: keyboard multi-language functionality.

Not only the prediction on Android is faulty for English words, when it comes to multi-language is horrible, it never predicts correctly, making the swiping up function useless. Also, when a word is missing and accent Android doesn't show the correct options to replace it. If you go back an tap on a word it displays an annoying list of suggestions and you are forced to tap out of that box to get rid of it and do your corrections, none of these happen on BB10, making the multilingual typing experience much smoother.

I can deal with not being able to deposit my checks or with having to patch apps using my computer -I will always have my KEYone or PRIV on the other pocket anyway- but the typing features of BB10 over Android I am not willing to give up until Android or BlackBerry makes some serious improvements on that matter.

I hope this camera problem on the Passport is resolved by BlackBerry or I will have to switch to the Leap and give up the outstanding QWERTY and the wide screen.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-23-17 08:27 PM
    BlackBerry would probably be happy if you moved on and stopped bugging them. Seriously.

People being on BB10 just costs them money.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-23-17 08:36 PM
    Why would they not?
    jmr1015 and skinnymike1 like this.
    05-23-17 08:46 PM
    Sorry about my ignorance, what pm camera problem?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 09:31 PM
    Sorry about my ignorance, what pm camera problem?

Posted via CB10
    Apparently there are a few people having NEW focusing issues after updating to 10.3.3, which apparently doesn't go away with a clean install.
    Last edited by conite; 05-23-17 at 09:55 PM.
    05-23-17 09:38 PM
    There have always been some focusing issues when it comes to the Passport camera, however, even long before 10.3.3.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 09:52 PM
    What does "move on" even mean? Getting rid of the platform that I love, enjoy and still works amazingly well on the device that I like the most?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 10:13 PM
    What does "move on" even mean? Getting rid of the platform that I love, enjoy and still works amazingly well on the device that I like the most?

Posted via CB10
    This isn't about your personal preference. You asked if BlackBerry cared that you stay on BB10.
    TGR1 likes this.
    05-23-17 10:27 PM
    Every smartphone manufacturer would want you to believe that you need to move on NOW because last year's model is somehow no longer functional.
    Why would they want you to stay? There is no recurring revenue for them once you've purchased the phone.
    They need to provide just enough support so that when it comes time to "upgrade" you might consider sticking with their brand. But honestly they know that you know that Brand A is just as bad as Brand B so they don't have to work too hard, eh?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-17 10:32 PM
    I asked if BlackBerry was trying to push us out. The camera issue would be an excellent method to have people give up their Passports. I hope it's not the case.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 10:33 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry is trying to push anybody out on purpose, but I do believe the sales and support for the smartphone division has become next to nil.

When BlackBerry decided to get out of the hardware business they spent a great amount of time organizing their website for where to send clients for support with many self serve options.

When the BlackBerry Priv was launched they included 12 months tech support but by the fall of 2016 they had ended that early as most of the support people were laid off.

You can try reaching out to them directly at the following link and see if anybody in head office can direct you anywhere specifically. https://ca.blackberry.com/company/about-us/contact

I don't have Twitter but I do know a lot of users go to BlackBerry 's twitter help page for some support so that might also be an option.

Crackberry has officially become the support forum for the BlackBerry devices so continue to monitor the forums for any updates or anything.

Good luck with your issue as the Passport is a beast of a device, it's a shame you ran into this issue. Enjoy the KEYONE once it does come out.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80, TGR1 and stlabrat like this.
    05-23-17 10:46 PM
    Thank you brother!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 10:51 PM
    I asked if BlackBerry was trying to push us out. The camera issue would be an excellent method to have people give up their Passports. I hope it's not the case.

Posted via CB10
    Given that only a handful of people have the problem you describe, if they were intentionally trying to torpedo Passport users, they didn't do a very good job.
    Tim-ANC, stlabrat and TGR1 like this.
    05-23-17 11:03 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry is trying to push anybody out on purpose, but I do believe the sales and support for the smartphone division has become next to nil.

When BlackBerry decided to get out of the hardware business they spent a great amount of time organizing their website for where to send clients for support with many self serve options.

When the BlackBerry Priv was launched they included 12 months tech support but by the fall of 2016 they had ended that early as most of the support people were laid off.

You can try reaching out to them directly at the following link and see if anybody in head office can direct you anywhere specifically. https://ca.blackberry.com/company/about-us/contact

I don't have Twitter but I do know a lot of users go to BlackBerry 's twitter help page for some support so that might also be an option.

Crackberry has officially become the support forum for the BlackBerry devices so continue to monitor the forums for any updates or anything.

Good luck with your issue as the Passport is a beast of a device, it's a shame you ran into this issue. Enjoy the KEYONE once it does come out.

Posted via CB10
    Nice reply for a query!!! Helpful though!!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 11:15 PM
    The camera issue would be an excellent method to have people give up their Passports
    .....except that many (probably most) are not having the issue that you are. My camera is fine as long as you realize the big limitation. And the limitation is that you cannot get a good pic with a moving subject. That fact does not bother me in the least because I have adjusted to that fact and learned how to take fantastic photos (IMHO). I will put my Passport down for good sometime soon probably, but it won't be because of the camera that's for sure.
    TGR1 likes this.
    05-23-17 11:28 PM
    In addition, you can direct chat with support chaps on their website. It almost like BBM, you can see the other side is writing for the reply.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 11:36 PM
    OP, Regrettable you have the issue on PP. It is a great device. But if you are carrying another phone around anyway just use that camera.

And yes, BlackBerry wants you off BB10 and CB wants you to buy a K1.
    naeempriv likes this.
    05-23-17 11:54 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    The concept that a manufacturer would push you out, by damaging your phone through an update, has been suggested by many. iPhone users in particular come to mind. It has to be the most foolish sales technique possible, and extremely unlikely.

The problem is you are using an almost 3 year old phone, on an unsupported platform, and have a rare issue.
    05-24-17 10:00 PM
    This issue is not rare at all. In fact people who own several Passports have reported the same camera problem happening in more than one.

I am a very loyal BlackBerry customer, the least that I expect is they resolve this issue. Android subtracts too much productivity with its lack of intuition, annoying notifications, no real multi-tasking, and deficient multi-lingual capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 10:04 PM
    This issue is not rare at all. In fact people who own several Passports have reported the same camera problem happening in more than one.

I am a very loyal BlackBerry customer, the least that I expect is they resolve this issue. Android subtracts too much productivity with its lack of intuition, annoying notifications, no real multi-tasking, and deficient multi-lingual capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    Don't let the posts on CrackBerry distort reality. I know a lot of folks who use a Passport as their daily driver, and none have complained about their camera. Even if it were though, there's no one left to fix the OS. Have you tried other camera files? I know there aren't a lot of 10.3.3 to choose from.

I used to agree with your opinion on Android. Recent OS versions, BlackBerry Android apps, and experience have changed that opinion.
    05-24-17 10:17 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I think Android is a great platform, and I've not considered giving up on Android. However when it comes to productivity and security BB10 is the absolute winner in my opinion. For me the fact that not many have it, same with BBM, makes it even more interesting, private, and useful.

We'll see how it goes with Nougat. Today I almost got a new Passport on ebay, but I'll give it another couple weeks and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-24-17 10:28 PM
    Just the hours saved patching apps, and time waiting for apps to open, has made me more productive.
    05-24-17 10:43 PM
    The apps that we patch are mainly for fun. The email setup, the calendar, the password keeper, BBM, BBVE, Hub, Tasks, Calendar, File Manager, TeamViewer, Clipman, etc., are either built-in or available.

Many do need Cobalt's Play Store, but don't need patching: Whatsapp, Google Maps, Dictionaries, Spotify, Shazam, etc.

I would probably add Uber and Lyft and the ones that are necessary and require patching. Both work perfectly fine for me.
    05-24-17 11:24 PM
    05-24-17 11:26 PM
41 12