Probably just camera perspective, but I believe you found a one-handed Passport user there.
    05-24-17 11:32 PM
    I asked if BlackBerry was trying to push us out. The camera issue would be an excellent method to have people give up their Passports. I hope it's not the case.
    Whether or not they are "trying to push you out,", your customer service experience is poor enough they might as well be.

As far as Passport SE, the operation of the camera has never been intuitive or what anyone could reasonably call "seamless," but it works fine if you follow their clunky, two-step procedure. Mine runs the same on 10.3.3 as it ever did; but then, i haven't had _any_ of the reported post-update problems on my SE.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-25-17 09:03 AM
    I wish someone would update the cracked Google Play service for BBOS10. More and more apps are failing to work due to the outdated version. Uber, whatsapp are some key ones. Wish I could learn how to fix it myself.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 09:47 AM
    I wish someone would update the cracked Google Play service for BBOS10. More and more apps are failing to work due to the outdated version. Uber, whatsapp are some key ones. Wish I could learn how to fix it myself.

Posted via CB10
    These work just fine with Cobalt's current stack.
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-25-17 09:58 AM
    My biggest gripe with my passport is the new browser security in 10.3.3. The fact that you cant add sites to a trusted list when blocked due to no cert. Also parts availability for the AT&T model is non existent. I need a keyboard and I'm stuck looking at scavenged EBAY parts from dead phones. I'm really hoping the surface phone materializes before my phone dies. Otherwise I have to pick from the best of the garbage options available today (iPhone or Sailfish powered Xperia.)
    05-25-17 10:07 AM
    My biggest gripe with my passport is the new browser security in 10.3.3. The fact that you cant add sites to a trusted list when blocked due to no cert. Also parts availability for the AT&T model is non existent. I need a keyboard and I'm stuck looking at scavenged EBAY parts from dead phones. I'm really hoping the surface phone materializes before my phone dies. Otherwise I have to pick from the best of the garbage options available today (iPhone or Sailfish powered Xperia.)
    I see New PKB's for the ATT on Ebay. If you are concerned about the China sellers don't be. I have ordered electronic parts from China before. They were probably made there anyway. Only downside is the slow shipping time with the epacket method.
    05-25-17 11:03 AM
    I hit my phone against a table lightly (camera side) and low and behold the camera focused. My Passport has been having a lot of issues lately though. Text messages sometimes don't send, and the screen jumps up and down too. Copy and past stops working sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 12:20 PM
    Doesn't every company want their customers to move away from the legacy products towards the new ones?

I don't think BB is sabotaging BB10. They just have very few people working on it anymore. Those few people can only do so much.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-25-17 12:27 PM
    Quite frankly I really don't care if BB wants me to move on or not, as long as BB10 does its job I'll keep using it until it breaks. I know I'll have to 'move on' at some point but there's no guarantee that when I do I'll be moving to a BB Mobile device or even Android OS, that really boils down to how BB and BB Mobile behave towards me as a BB10 user. I'm not looking for 5* service from now on but I am looking at being respected for the decision I've made to continue using what I consider to be the best mobile OS I've ever used.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-25-17 04:13 PM
    Quite frankly I really don't care if BB wants me to move on or not, as long as BB10 does its job I'll keep using it until it breaks. I know I'll have to 'move on' at some point but there's no guarantee that when I do I'll be moving to a BB Mobile device or even Android OS, that really boils down to how BB and BB Mobile behave towards me as a BB10 user. I'm not looking for 5* service from now on but I am looking at being respected for the decision I've made to continue using what I consider to be the best mobile OS I've ever used.
    What behaviour would you consider adequate and respectful?
    05-25-17 04:30 PM
    Sorry to hear about the camera problems, but even if everything worked the answer is yes, they want us to be buying their android phones; the tragedy is as a software company it would be easy for them to gather all Passport users and offer a paid upgrade to Android, with paid yearly security updates. I'd rather pay say $200 upfront than get another touch only phone, and then pay say $50 per year. But no other company has figured this out yet, they want us to change phones every couple of years, when the ones we have are in perfect order, and not easy to switch out of - KeyOne or not.
    05-25-17 04:55 PM
    Sorry to hear about the camera problems, but even if everything worked the answer is yes, they want us to be buying their android phones; the tragedy is as a software company it would be easy for them to gather all Passport users and offer a paid upgrade to Android, with paid yearly security updates. I'd rather pay say $200 upfront than get another touch only phone, and then pay say $50 per year. But no other company has figured this out yet, they want us to change phones every couple of years, when the ones we have are in perfect order, and not easy to switch out of - KeyOne or not.
    Too many problems with that.

One being that the 801 SoC does not support Nougat. Second being Google does not allow 1:1 aspect ratio.

New software eventually requires new hardware for a number of reasons.
    05-25-17 05:04 PM
    Second being Google does not allow 1:1 aspect ratio.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12861022

Which one is it? I keep getting confused
    05-25-17 05:34 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12861022

Which one is it? I keep getting confused
    Internal development platform =/= production device, thankfully.
    05-25-17 06:12 PM
    "does BlackBerry want people out of BB10"?

Yes

And I loved that OS. It worked for me.
    05-25-17 07:50 PM
    Most definitely. BlackBerry put out three Android devices and people still brought BlackBerry 10 devices. BlackBerry 10 devices seemed to have retained their market value longer than the BlackBerry Android devices. What would have happened if the Passport SE would have been available thru a Provider.

Many of the designs for the Android Devices were based on form factors request for years by BlackBerry 10 users. And what would have happened if the BlackBerry Android devices were available in both Operating Systems.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    05-25-17 08:30 PM
41 12