Does Blackberry Passport support Quick Charge 2.0 standard?
    Last edited by lkthomas; 04-23-15 at 05:29 AM.
    04-23-15 03:59 AM
    Im sure the 801 chipset supports Quick charge 2.0. You could try a charger that supports Quick Charge
    04-27-15 06:43 AM
    Quick Charge is a killer on overall battery health over time. I'd consider this more of a gimmicky type feature at this point since if used all the time you'll definitely notice some degrading of the battery via worse battery life. Not ideal for the Passport with a non removable battery if you want to enjoy the full range of battery life for a decent amount of time.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:57 PM
    Hi all, I am using PB charger (1.8A) for my PP. Does it support Quick Charge technology? And is it harmful to my PP battery over time?
    Thanks for any advice.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 09:43 PM
    Quick Charge is a killer on overall battery health over time.
    Sources, please.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-16-15 11:10 PM
    Quick Charge is a killer on overall battery health over time. I'd consider this more of a gimmicky type feature at this point since if used all the time you'll definitely notice some degrading of the battery via worse battery life. Not ideal for the Passport with a non removable battery if you want to enjoy the full range of battery life for a decent amount of time.

Posted via CB10
    Based on what? Quick charge works great on my nexus 6.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-16-15 11:13 PM
    But is it working with normal charger like PB charger 1.8A?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:09 PM
    Hi all, still looking for advices..
    08-09-15 01:11 AM
    Does Blackberry Passport support Quick Charge 2.0 standard?-img_20150809_093332.png

Posted via CB10
    letrantrung likes this.
    08-09-15 02:06 AM
    Nice, will definitely get that. I tend to forget to plug my passport in overnight. And for people that say this might deteriorate the battery, I always charged my phones with my PlayBook charger and noticed no difference in battery performance. This might be even harder on the battery but I don't see myself having the passport for longer than a year from now. Will either trade for the silver edition or whatever nice phone BlackBerry will come up with within a year

This info passed on with the BlackBerry Passport!
    08-09-15 03:45 AM
    Nice, will definitely get that. I tend to forget to plug my passport in overnight. And for people that say this might deteriorate the battery, I always charged my phones with my PlayBook charger and noticed no difference in battery performance. This might be even harder on the battery but I don't see myself having the passport for longer than a year from now. Will either trade for the silver edition or whatever nice phone BlackBerry will come up with within a year

This info passed on with the BlackBerry Passport!
    I agree, I use the standard charger which is connected to a Kidigi charging cradle next to my bed overnight, but after a day of very heavy use I do a quick charge with my PlayBook charger. It will charge from 15% to 100% in about 45 minutes. It's not that often that I do that though as it usually lasts all day. But it's great for a quick charge.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-09-15 04:42 AM
    If you use 1.8A it will charge fast no matter what up until 70-80 percent
    08-09-15 04:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Quick charge is in no way gimmicky. C'mon now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-09-15 05:09 AM
    Using the 1.8A Playbook Chargers as well. Charges very quick and no issues so far with any of the devices I charged on the long term...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    08-09-15 06:31 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150809_093332.png 
Views:	1009 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	365961

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I'm convinced now

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 06:40 PM
    Give it about a year and see how good your batteries are holding up. Quick charge works but definitely will degrade your battery faster than normal in the long run, and with a non removable battery you could be sitting on a brick 12-18 months into its lifespan. If you need sources google "fast charge battery health" there are a lot of articles about it, that's why it didn't become the new standard a year ago.

Then again if you can afford a new device every year and don't care about selling your old one then have at it. I personally like to hold onto my blackberries for many years.

Posted via CB10
    letrantrung likes this.
    08-09-15 07:01 PM
    So we need to buy that HDMI thing to get quick charge feature?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:17 PM
    So we need to buy that HDMI thing to get quick charge feature?

Posted via CB10
    Thomas, what he put on the screen is just to prove that BB PP does have Quick Charge technology
    Now it is up to us to decide if we accept to use the device in short term period in exchange of getting this technology.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:33 PM
    But is it working with normal charger like PB charger 1.8A?

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook charger sure loads up the battery faster than your common USB wallchargers which are bundled with most smartphones. I tried it once or twice on my Passport. However the device got so hot I decided not to use it. The heat surely isn't healthy for the battery and I guess it might cause problems like screen-lifting, due to the chance the glue could loosen up with increased heat over time.

Oh and regarding the Quick Charge technology per se:
    My Note Edge has it, there is a setting which allows you to turn it off. Actually that setting is turned off by default. Now if the quick charge doesn't have any negative impacts on the battery, why even bother giving the user the choice to disable it? It makes no sense. Even more once you realise it is disabled by default. If that feature doesn't do any harm, it should be enabled and again that setting shouldn't even exist at all.

Personally I really only enable it on the Note when I am in a hurry getting the battery charged. For the standard "over night" charging-cycle it is always disabled.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:03 PM
    If in doubt, just use the charger that comes with the unit when you bought it...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 11:47 PM
    It does, check with snapdragon website.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 06:32 PM