12-09-14 03:48 PM
40 12
tools
    I think so: However, I am not an AT&T customer, so please double check!
    That looks about right, thanks! I'll have to talk to a rep anyway since I'm just an add-on to an existing account with grandfathered unlimited data. I don't need unlimited since I'm nearly 100% WiFi anymore, but the primary certainly does. I need to make sure she's not knocked off of her plan just to get me $15 data discount.
    12-08-14 12:35 PM
    I bought the unlocked PP and am on the AT&T network. The LTE is very fast. It shouldn't matter if AT&T releases it's version of the PP, just get one now (if you can).

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    12-08-14 12:45 PM
    ATT in California, get LTE

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Passport Superphone
    12-08-14 01:59 PM
    Are you sure that's BYOD? It looked to me like you only qualified for Next if you purchased a phone through AT&T on installments. I never talked to a rep to verify that, however.
    It is BYOD. If you are bringing your own device you would not be "upgrading" or on any "contract". I am on Mobile Share, not Next and am receiving credit for buying outright as I am not on contract with them regardless of Next or Mobile Share plans. If you read the statement posted above it specifies for those upgrading and on another 2 year contract. If you BYOD, you are contract free and receive the credit of either $15/$25. :-)

Edit: I may have read to fast, but as you seem to know it is BYOD as stated.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:18 PM
    One of the biggest benefits AT&T has over Verizon is that you can use unlocked GSM phones even if AT&T never actually sells them as AT&T branded devices.

So take advantage of that freedom and buy what you want now. You may never get a tomorrow or,.. whenever AT&T decides to put a decal on the Passport, print a crummy AT&T cardboard box, and sell an "AT&T" Passport.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    12-08-14 03:32 PM
    I see so many people requesting it but no one is demanding for it on AT&T twitter or facebook page. You guys need to use the power of social media to pressure them.

Should we sticky a "Passport on AT&T Updates/Questions" page? It seems this is going to be a popular subject until it's actually resolved.

cluke -- buy one unlocked if you're allowed (sorry to hear about that, arhcangel). I missed out on the subsidy this time around, but I feel better knowing I'm not locked into a contract for a change. My unit drops into LTE when available just fine.
    12-08-14 05:19 PM
    That looks about right, thanks! I'll have to talk to a rep anyway since I'm just an add-on to an existing account with grandfathered unlimited data. I don't need unlimited since I'm nearly 100% WiFi anymore, but the primary certainly does. I need to make sure she's not knocked off of her plan just to get me $15 data discount.
    Good luck. If something doesn't sound right, ask the rep to show it to you in writing.
    12-08-14 06:01 PM
    I'm getting only 4G but not LTE on my Passport on AT&T in Los Angeles. Not sure why. Called AT&T tech support last week, they told me it is because AT&T does not recognize Passport on their system yet. Maybe i'll call AT&T next week again to see if they can fix this problem.

Posted via CB10
    JKW - there's a solution for this, maybe someone can drop a thread link - if I recall, you can have them add an old BlackBerry IMEI or something like that. There's a thread or two on it.

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    12-08-14 10:22 PM
    I see so many people requesting it but no one is demanding for it on AT&T twitter or facebook page. You guys need to use the power of social media to pressure them.
    You see "many" here on CrackBerry which is a FAN SITE... but in truth there is only a very small number of people that know BlackBerry is still in business, much less that they made some new Phablet type device. To get sales going there needs to be a Passport in every AT&T Store and on their website, so that people can at least see it. Because in the US, purchasing via your carrier is still the way most people get a new smartphone.

May not even be AT&T holding up launching the Passport... might be that BlackBerry and their cutbacks have limited their production capacity to the point they aren't able to provide and adequate number of devices for AT&T to have a minimum amount of stock? Or maybe AT&T wants to launch both the Classic and the Passport at the same time?
    12-09-14 07:53 AM
    No one was does research anymore? This question has been asked a million times. Why start an entirely new thread

Posted via my Classic Passport
    thedose likes this.
    12-09-14 08:02 AM
    I'm pretty sure AT&T is holding up the Passport phone for a simple reason...they dramatically increased access fees to $40/mo. for all customers getting the subsidized iPhone 6 and 6+, and they want to fully cash in on the upgrade cycle. That also raises the question of whether they'll do something similar for the Passport. I have a legacy unlimited data plan with a $15 per device monthly fee, off contract, so in my case it makes much more sense to buy an unlocked passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 08:07 AM
    Why wait for AT&T? I didn't. Took my nano SIM out of my iPhone, inserted it into the Passport, done. LTE connected right away. Only issue was visual voice mail, where it constantly asked for my password. But that was resolved, too.
    12-09-14 09:27 AM
    Would I be able to get LTE signal? That was my worry because last unlocked phone I bought, I think I bought the wrong model and had to send it back! lol
    I'm using mine unlocked thru att. Crazy good reception, constantly in LTE. TC Metro area, Minnesota.

I asked the att rep about hearing that some people don't get LTE on their passports. He said it was due to the fact that those people are the ones who don't get new sim cards for their passports, rather they just use ones they already had on the att network.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:57 AM
    Well I'm selling my Passport, check out the market place.
    12-09-14 10:22 AM
    Why wait for AT&T? I didn't. Took my nano SIM out of my iPhone, inserted it into the Passport, done. LTE connected right away. Only issue was visual voice mail, where it constantly asked for my password. But that was resolved, too.
    I have this problem and no tech support has been able to fix it. What did you do to stop it?
    12-09-14 03:48 PM
40 12