Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist but does anyone else notice a bit of light coming through in between the metal frame and the Q A Z keys the the P <- Enter keys on either side of the keyboard? Not sure why it drives me crazy while I'm typing this post in the dark.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 10:26 PM
    Why you posting in the dark. ?
    12-02-14 10:42 PM
    He's afraid to go towards the light.

Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    12-02-14 11:05 PM
    Weird, I'm posting this from the dark and I don't notice anything like that... I'm currently in bed about to sleep

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:27 PM
    Yes, mine has a little bleed from those places it must be said. Not really an issue though, it is light shining underneath keys with gaps that have to exist, so a little light seeping through should be expected on some units.
    12-03-14 05:35 AM
    Jup, I'm also noticing this when viewing from the rear of the device. Doesn't bother me, only a bit frightend on how dust and sand will have it's influence on the device.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-03-14 02:28 PM
    Is this actually a thread? Really hitting the bottom of the barrel with this one

Posted with my beautiful BlackBerry Passport!
    12-03-14 02:40 PM
    ohhh, you're talking about those little dots of light, OP?

wow, that's bothering you, really? -- Had you not mentioned it, I don't think I would have ever noticed that
    miker476 likes this.
    12-03-14 02:41 PM
    This thread is bordering Obsessive-Compulsive.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-03-14 02:45 PM
    Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist but does anyone else notice a bit of light coming through in between the metal frame and the Q A Z keys the the P <- Enter keys on either side of the keyboard? Not sure why it drives me crazy while I'm typing this post in the dark.

Posted via CB10
    Here we go again!
    12-03-14 02:47 PM
    Hmmm, Adif hasn't posted yet...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    12-03-14 03:36 PM
    Absolutely normal.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    12-03-14 03:48 PM
    Light bleed seems really common on these devices. It annoys me but I guess we have to deal with it. Hope it's sorted out by time of Passport 2.
    12-03-14 04:13 PM
    have you checked if you family comes from a vampire blood line? typing in the dark for the heck of it sounds sort of weird...
    12-03-14 04:22 PM
    have you checked if you family comes from a vampire blood line? typing in the dark for the heck of it sounds sort of weird...
    I reply to many emails before bed because it's the only time that I have.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-03-14 04:29 PM
    Is this actually a thread? Really hitting the bottom of the barrel with this one

Posted with my beautiful BlackBerry Passport!
    Don't reply if it's not constructive.

Posted via CB10
    Smply_Rckless and andy957 like this.
    12-03-14 04:29 PM
    This thread is bordering Obsessive-Compulsive.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Are you discriminating against ppl who have OCD?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 04:30 PM
    i would say you are a bit too defensive my friend... and no, i haven't checked if my PP bleeds light, i don't see how that could be so important, but hey, that's just me... i understand in your case it is an important issue... so, what are you planning to do? return it? fix it yourself? close your eyes while typing in the dark? type in the light? i don't want to be rude but don't see many options for you with this problem...
    12-03-14 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, all of my 7 Passports have had this to varying degrees. The one I use now is as close as I could get to no bleed. Very, very minimal. Some of them were pretty bad, lots of bleed.
    12-03-14 05:10 PM
    It's beyond unbelievable how people can get so... incredibly rude and defensive for no reason whatsoever.
    If the guy wants to/has to type in the dark, that's solely his business. People use their devices for different things, in different environments and in different ways they like them.
    Comments like these are simply unwarranted and disgusting:

He's afraid to go towards the light.

Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    ohhh, you're talking about those little dots of light, OP?

wow, that's bothering you, really? -- Had you not mentioned it, I don't think I would have ever noticed that
    You know, if I really need to go down so low as to remind you, our dear beloved BlackBerry designed the Pasport keypad with a backlight on it. Probably for a very good reason. Yes? Any wild guess about why they did it? Sheesh...

To OP: I didn't notice this up to now, but mine has tiny bit of light leaking from the sides of the keypad as well. I am a sort of a petty compulsive obsessive type too, but this particular one doesn't bother me much, fortunately.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    12-03-14 05:38 PM
    It's a phone not a woman on her 28 day cycle.... what's all this talk about light bleeding?

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    12-03-14 05:49 PM
    No light bleeding here. I was lucky to get a flawless passport when it arrived. Maybe you should exchange it if it bothers you that much.
    12-03-14 05:56 PM
    It's beyond unbelievable how people can get so... incredibly rude and defensive for no reason whatsoever.
    If the guy wants to/has to type in the dark, that's solely his business. People use their devices for different things, in different environments and in different ways they like them.
    Comments like these are simply unwarranted and disgusting:

You know, if I really need to go down so low as to remind you, our dear beloved BlackBerry designed the Pasport keypad with a backlight on it. Probably for a very good reason. Yes? Any wild guess about why they did it? Sheesh...

To OP: I didn't notice this up to now, but mine has tiny bit of light leaking from the sides of the keypad as well. I am a sort of a petty compulsive obsessive type too, but this particular one doesn't bother me much, fortunately.
    Thanks for pointing out how rude I was, my apologies to the op.
    I will refrain from asking questions.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:05 PM
    Thanks to all of you that provided your input.. didn't think it'd be such a big deal to ask this question considering there's another thread about creaking back covers... at least I know it's not uncommon!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:24 PM
    Mine does it but I don't care, it don't bother me.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:39 PM
35 12