Not unless it was 2005.
    12-20-14 08:10 PM
    My Z30 battery life is excellent! But for fun I plugged in my Z10 battery bundle into my Z30 and it started charging it! I wouldn't recommend it except in a case of emergency though as I did notice my Z30 heating up a little.. I remember being disappointed during the Olympics in Sochi and I was at a seminar and I snuck in some live streaming which killed both my Z10 batteries.. That sealed the deal for me I went for the z30 as an early upgrade and haven't looked back because I wanted the battery battery among other things...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:15 PM
    I charge mine every night on my nightstand like I've done with all my berries(9530,9860,9900,Z10,Z30).

It usually lasts me all day and night and if it doesn't I put it on the playbook charger(that I've also used on all my berries since I bought my playbook) for a quick pick me up. This is my nightly charging cable that I've been using for a couple years now.

If that is not an option I have a portable battery bank that works great, especially if I'm off the grid(fishing or camping).

I honestly do not miss swapping batteries. I will say that when I used to swap batteries, it wasn't a big deal to me, but it was a pain swapping all the time with that eency weency Z10 battery.

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.1154
    12-20-14 08:17 PM
    Hi,

For me, not an issue at all.

But I can see people being concerned after 2+ years where the battery charge may not last as long and want too keep the same phone.

By then I'm sure there will be a cost effective way to replace the battery or upgrade to a newer BB offering

Like most said, have a good juice pack thingy or hope that some 3rd party will come out with an extended battery pack casing (like Mugen).
    12-20-14 08:17 PM
    I don't miss having a swapable battery with my Z30. When I had my BlackBerry Torch 2, I sometimes went through three batteries in one day of use. With my Z30, I can go up to two days without needing a recharge. I'd rather have one powerful permanent battery in a device than have "swapable" batteries that constantly need to be changed.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-20-14 08:19 PM

For me it's not about having the ability to change the battery now, it's more to have the chance changing it after a year or two... And more important to make a real hard reset!!
    I totally agree with this. I've had several phones that needed a battery replacement over time. Not having a removable battery is the only thing I don't like about my Z30. Only had it about a year and the battery is still fine, but I have had a freeze or two that I really would have liked to pull the battery instead of holding down the two buttons waiting for it to reset.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-20-14 08:31 PM
    I just don't understand the idea in this day and age of BlackBerry's existence of not having a replaceable battery. They know we love it, and I've never met a company that tries so hard to alienate their core customers. There no reasons not to have a replaceable battery. There goes another competitive advantage. Who are these managers. Dolts, just whittling away billions of value? Unprecedented.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-20-14 08:55 PM
    I know the Passport's battery is decent enough, and that this thread is kinda pointless and unconstructive, since these are things we cannot change. However, coming from the Q10 (with the battery bundle), I for one really miss being able to quickly swap my dying battery for a newly charged one. Especially when I'm in a hurry and I have forgotten to charge my Passport... Always having a fully charged battery at my disposal was just so handy, and quite the lifesaver at times. Anyone else miss that ability, or do you all just charge it every night, or have access to a charger wherever you go, normally..?

Posted via CB10
    I use a Z30 and don't miss the removable battery as I only have to charge every couple of days. Never came close to not having a full 18 hour day.
    12-20-14 09:00 PM
    It sounds like if u charge it every night, ur ok. But who wants to HAVE to do that? We've learned from bby, that u don't have to remember or make that effort because it's easy to swap out a battery when u need to. That doesn't mean they should make the best os that w the best batteries that makes their devices last longer. Just means you should be able to swap em out.
    hlg8888 and Barbareren like this.
    12-20-14 09:09 PM
    I just don't understand the idea in this day and age of BlackBerry's existence of not having a replaceable battery. They know we love it, and I've never met a company that tries so hard to alienate their core customers. There no reasons not to have a replaceable battery. There goes another competitive advantage. Who are these managers. Dolts, just whittling away billions of value? Unprecedented.
    Actually, we had knuckleheads in our company that were removing the battery in the Z10 without shutting down the phone. Caused data corruptions in the phones. And with a large enough battery, you only have to charge every couple of days. And you should be plugging your phone into the computer anyway to sync your phone. A removable battery will make the device bigger.
    12-20-14 09:31 PM
    I was a slave to the Z10 and her rather short battery life.
    But I never used a second battery. I was able to manage my recharging in various locales; in the car, at the desk at work, at home, on the plane. That was a bit of a nuisance. But now with my super duper Passport....I just don't know what to do with all that extra time saved by the Passport battery life!
    Needle point?
    12-20-14 09:33 PM
    Of course nuckleheads should be able to pop the the battery out on demand. And if the nucklehaeads at bby can't figure out how to continue to write software which allows the device to easily and quickly reboot w a battery change, that's an embarrassment.

Also, I don't agree w u abt size. The battery is the battery. That's a constant size. So ur talking abt a removable back vs a fixed back...the differential is tiny and actually lends stability to the device.
    12-20-14 09:38 PM
    I have never had a problem with the battery on my Curve 8310, Bold 9700 & 9900 but recently my Z10 is driving me nuts! The option to buy a swappable battery is nice but we have grown in a day of age where that option is disappearing. Wondering if Blackberry will offer replacement services as Apple does?
    12-20-14 09:40 PM
    I guess it's a want vs need thing. If given a choice I'd want the option to have a removable battery, but I've not yet felt the need of one while using Passport; from getting 24 hours of average battery life, it's gone up to 30 hours and even more on some days. So, don't really 'need' it.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:43 PM
    I've always bought a spare battery since I've been using smart phones. To me, they are almost a requirement. Seems that BlackBerry made some money off selling batteries and chargers too, not sure why they stopped getting that extra income and keeping users happy too.

I've only had a couple of times with my Z30 and Passport that it's been an issue though. I always keep a spare powerpack around just in case.

Entered on my BlackBerry Passport
    12-20-14 11:36 PM
    I didn't have a problem until I got the red Passport and had my black one too... and sometimes I use one all day and want to keep using it, but the battery is too low and I have to switch to the other. I know there are worse "problems" in the world, but it would be cool to be able to keep using one by switching out its battery.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze and hlg8888 like this.
    12-21-14 01:47 AM
    i kind of miss having the extra battery. but slowly the memory of the extra battery is fading with the passport
    12-21-14 08:07 AM
    NOPE

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:08 AM
    Nope I don't mind not having it

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:21 AM
    Won't miss it until it has to be replaced.
    12-21-14 09:03 AM
    For years I've been carrying around a spare 9900 battery. I've pulled it out a total of about 5 times, and nearly every time was while travelling....airports, etc, in which I had long days without consistent access to a charging point to wait for a charge. And....a couple times the battery failed me because I either forgot to charge it after it's last emergency use, or it sat for so long it had lost some charge. When I used the spare, I still had a dead one that I was carrying, and sometimes forgot to charge that up (which requires hours inside the phone)

So, while I will miss the option of a spare battery, I will probably just carry one of those little USB battery chargers in my backpack that I can use in an emergency and recharge independently. I look forward to a longer life and actually never needing to charge more than once per day even on long travel days.
    12-21-14 09:08 AM
    I can see where it would be useful but no more useful than using one of those charging packs. Don't they do the same thing? Give you more battery life? Motorola has come out with that rapid charging pack that gives a good charge in no time.

Motorola Turbo Charger
    12-21-14 09:34 AM
    Nope because I never carry around a spare battery.
    12-21-14 01:37 PM
    Not really. By the time the battery starts to deteriorate, I will likely be buying a new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    12-21-14 02:33 PM
    I know the Passport's battery is decent enough, and that this thread is kinda pointless and unconstructive, since these are things we cannot change. However, coming from the Q10 (with the battery bundle), I for one really miss being able to quickly swap my dying battery for a newly charged one. Especially when I'm in a hurry and I have forgotten to charge my Passport... Always having a fully charged battery at my disposal was just so handy, and quite the lifesaver at times. Anyone else miss that ability, or do you all just charge it every night, or have access to a charger wherever you go, normally..?

Posted via CB10
    My main concern with ANY device with self contained battery pack is how do we get these devices serviced if YOU do need a replacement!? And how do we get new battery's?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side loaded on the Passport!
    12-23-14 12:07 PM
56 123