I know the Passport's battery is decent enough, and that this thread is kinda pointless and unconstructive, since these are things we cannot change. However, coming from the Q10 (with the battery bundle), I for one really miss being able to quickly swap my dying battery for a newly charged one. Especially when I'm in a hurry and I have forgotten to charge my Passport... Always having a fully charged battery at my disposal was just so handy, and quite the lifesaver at times. Anyone else miss that ability, or do you all just charge it every night, or have access to a charger wherever you go, normally..?

Posted via CB10
    RA-HA and hlg8888 like this.
    12-20-14 04:22 PM
    In my life access to a charger is near universal. A portable battery pack goes along often for emergencies. Swapping a battery is something I have never done with BlackBerry.

Bits--C000C6078 for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    12-20-14 04:26 PM
    Nope.
    12-20-14 04:27 PM
    That is what has kept me from upgrading to a Z30/Passport.
    Never thought the battery bundle would be such an irreplaceable convenience.

Posted via CB10
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    12-20-14 04:28 PM
    I really hate it actually and I thought I'd never buy a phone without having the ability to change batteries...
    But it is what it is.

I just got my passport two weeks ago or so, and I really thought long about it...and the stupid battery thing was the only reason why I couldn't really decide...
    And I am still not happy with my decision although I really like the device...

For me it's not about having the ability to change the battery now, it's more to have the chance changing it after a year or two... And more important to make a real hard reset!!
    RA-HA and hlg8888 like this.
    12-20-14 04:38 PM
    I really miss being able to. Like you said OP, it's convenient being able to swap on the fly and not be tied down to a charger.

The battery life is great on the Passport though. There is no doubt about that one.

Over the last couple of months, I have gotten used to charging on a regular basis. I found the best time for me is right after lunch when I end up staying at my desk for a couple hours.

But as another stated, now it will be more work to swap out the battery later on down the road when the health of it starts to deteriorate.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and hlg8888 like this.
    12-20-14 04:42 PM
    No. Just have a small portable battery.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 04:43 PM
    nope not at all .............I put myphone on charge when I go to bed
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    12-20-14 04:50 PM
    Not at all

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 04:50 PM
    That's one fear I've got in getting the Classic.
    We'll see.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    12-20-14 04:52 PM
    No. Keyboards and swappable batteries are not import for many people...including me!
    12-20-14 04:55 PM
    I'd recommend getting one of these if this is a concern: BlackBerry 2100mAh Mobile Power Charger Micro-USB | BlackBerry Batteries | CrackBerry Canada

Even though both the Z30 and the Passport had great battery life in my experience, it's saved me in times of really heavy usage, or when I simply forgot to charge it. Holding it behind the phone while you use it is rather inconvenient on the Passport, but it isn't a big deal on the Z30, so I'd expect it to be just fine on the Classic as well.
    12-20-14 04:57 PM
    That is what has kept me from upgrading to a Z30/Passport.
    Never thought the battery bundle would be such an irreplaceable convenience.

Posted via CB10
    I know, right. I am honestly trying my hardest to adapt, but I find it really difficult at times. I'm 'on the road' a lot, often using public transportation, and that's when I miss the ability to swap batteries the most... My life isn't exactly all that predictable atm, so I'm not always prepared for a long day without access to a charger...
    Anyway, I guess I should just try to make a routine out of charging it every night, to avoid such issues, hehe. :P

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-20-14 04:59 PM
    In this case you should really just buy a external battery pack. That helps a lot and there are a few not even very expensive...
    And for the other problem I just found that:

Doesn't look very complicated...
    Annoying music, though...
    12-20-14 05:13 PM
    No need. Just get a good working power bank and you're good to go!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-20-14 05:16 PM
    Come on now just put your your phone on charge, set your alarm, kiss your spouse, go to sleep.
    Use your memory.

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    jdesignz likes this.
    12-20-14 05:29 PM
    Nope. I go 18 hrs on a full charge.

via my Canadian Passport
    12-20-14 05:32 PM
    Nope. And most people that I knew that had Bolds and Curves didn't get an extra battery, unlike I did. And I don't know anyone on Android who can swap batteries that does. I got over it with my Z30, and don't miss it on my Passport. Bigger non removable battery is better, imo.

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    12-20-14 07:05 PM
    Bigger non removable battery is better, imo.
    Yeah, I tend to agree. I wouldn't want a smaller battery, that's for sure. I'm getting great battery life from the Passport. The Q's battery life was abysmal in comparison. It's just 'those times' you know, when your battery is getting low and you really have to run... I might have to think about investing in a small, portable battery pack, like others have suggested here...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:30 PM
    getting 30+ hours on consistant use with my passport so no, also have a battery bank with 20,000mah if i ever need it but so far never have.
    12-20-14 07:33 PM
    I'm averaging almost 48 hours myself, so I suppose it is just a matter of being spoiled by the battery life really, and then forgetting to put it in the charger.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:53 PM
    Thought it would be, but hasn't been an issue for me (removable battery).

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    12-20-14 08:03 PM
    I'm averaging almost 48 hours myself, so I suppose it is just a matter of being spoiled by the battery life really, and then forgetting to put it in the charger.

Posted via CB10
    I have 3 batteries for my q10. Almost always carry one extra. Not having a swappable battery is unforgivable in this day and age.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-20-14 08:07 PM
    My Passport lasts from 7.00 in the morning until 11.00/12.00 at night with very heavy usage and most nights still has between 30-50% left. I charge it by my bedside at night so always good to go. No need to change battery for me, but if some are worried then carry a powerbank for top up charge. Lovin' this sexy beast!

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    12-20-14 08:09 PM
    I'm in the "I used to think it was essential" category. Now with cost effective power packs and longer battery life I think I can live with it. Hard resets are not as frequent as they used to be. And quite frankly the only time I have taken the battery out of my Q10 was due to a couple of lockups. Oh and the few times when I dropped it and parts went everywhere!
    12-20-14 08:10 PM
56 123