Question: why would an undecided professional who wants a bigger screen size choose the passport vs the latest galaxy note?
    Because of the dimensional differences.
    You know the entire selling point that's also part of the slogan? "work wide"

There are reasons for choosing the note 4 but screen size is not one of them if you're comparing with the pp.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-14 12:05 AM
    As an engineer I'm not looking at drawings on a 10 inch tablet let alone a 5 inch phone. To each his/her own, though.
    I guess it depends on what type of drawing it is. I have no problem checking most of our drawings on my Z30, would even be easier on a Passport.
    But now I don't look a drawings of big complex buildings or such things, just smaller steel structures.
    12-03-14 02:04 AM
    I guess it depends on what type of drawing it is. I have no problem checking most of our drawings on my Z30, would even be easier on a Passport.
    But now I don't look a drawings of big complex buildings or such things, just smaller steel structures.
    My drawings are primarily electrical schematics. There are three 28 inch monitors on my desk for that task and sometimes I wonder if they are large enough.
    Doctors and/or engineers, have you gotten a Passport?-nerd-center.jpg
    12-03-14 09:26 AM
    It is really good for me to see the patient's lab values. Wide screen = easier to find trends.

Doctors and/or engineers, have you gotten a Passport?-img_20141203_105030.png

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-03-14 09:51 AM
    RDP or VNC?
    12-03-14 11:02 AM
    Remote Desktop.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-03-14 12:12 PM
    Physician here. I really wish BlackBerry has Citrix working on an application for the Passport. My hospital uses Citrix. I was really looking forward to using Citrix given the wide screen etc. Now I'm just disappointed. Anyone know how to open Epic EHR on the Passport btw???

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:10 AM
    why are americans so locked on carrier support. all blackberries run on all carriers. so long as the phone has the right bands your good to go. I have been using non carrier supported blackberries for 4. years now .
    12-04-14 12:21 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11127286

Dude wouldn't know a sound engineer from a guy who drives a train. Totally different physics but pythagorus mustn't rate highly in his sphere

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:22 AM
    Not in the Turkey. It's not available officially yet. I can buy over-priced one in black market or I can get it when I (or some friends) go abroad. Amazon is not eligible channel because of custom policies.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:21 AM
    why are americans so locked on carrier support. all blackberries run on all carriers. so long as the phone has the right bands your good to go. I have been using non carrier supported blackberries for 4. years now .
    We have 4 major carriers in America. Two of them use CDMA for at least part of their configuration. Phone manufacturers have to make special versions of their phones for Sprint & Verizon each. As far as I can tell, they seem to use very different frequencies.

On top of that, Verizon tightly controls which phones are allowed to operate on their network. Usually Verizon BlackBerry phones are also GSM, at least for world wide use, but often don't support the best range of bands for the highest speeds available on AT&T at least.
    12-04-14 02:55 AM
    CrackBerryQ. I know Auto CAD works but just an FYI if you want a better experience try Etoolbox mobile CAD. So much better for DWF DWF drawings. Hit me up by Bbm if you need the apk.

Posted via CB10
    Cool! I will

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:26 PM
    My drawings are primarily electrical schematics. There are three 28 inch monitors on my desk for that task and sometimes I wonder if they are large enough.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nerd Center.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	318403
    Why not have one 50-60" ish monitor/screen mounted on that wall directly behind those monitors instead?
    Would also create more desk realestate....
    03-22-15 05:53 PM
    Im an engineer. Using passport. I read cad file on my passport. I use vnc to remote my pc

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 06:12 PM
    Why not have one 50-60" ish monitor/screen mounted on that wall directly behind those monitors instead?
    Would also create more desk realestate....
    Three different computers three different screens, three different tasks. Two more behind me on the other desk.
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    03-22-15 06:17 PM
    Extremely helpful when you are an Architect ... BBRY Passport .. That's my boy !
    03-22-15 06:22 PM
    I'm a professional engineer and love my Passport. It would just be silly to use anything else.
    03-22-15 06:35 PM
    I'm not a doctor or an engineer but I have used it at work to look at Excel spreadsheets instead of carrying with me printed out copies. Not necessarily better than than the printed out version, but close enough and less paper-wasting is always a good thing.
    03-22-15 06:39 PM
    Not an engineer but I am an audio and electronic repair technician and I find the Passport very useful for viewing schematics or updating invoices or estimates on the go. As I handle a good amount of email from clients, the Hub is very useful for handling, filtering and archiving messages.
    03-22-15 08:12 PM
    Physician. Current citrix app on passport...does not exist. Android app is ok for citrix. Have not used it at all, which is the opposite of what I thought initially.

The PlayBook citrix app was great in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 09:46 PM
    My significant other is a mechanical engineer. She does not have a Passport.
    03-22-15 10:32 PM
    Iam a software engineer, and yes I own a passport

Posted via Passport
    03-22-15 10:34 PM
    Three different computers three different screens, three different tasks. Two more behind me on the other desk.
    wow... monster setup !!

nice
    03-23-15 09:10 AM
    Ophthalmic surgeon / ophthalmic consultant using it for examination of corneal topography and wavefront maps. Sometimes even patient records. Works perfectly and I no longer need a tablet. Very happy. Ditched VZW for this and glad I did. Thinking of buying a back-up so that I can stay on the PP.
    03-23-15 09:44 AM
74 123