Very cool to hear from the doctors and engineers in the house! Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm looking forward to hearing more feedback from others.
    12-01-14 07:03 PM
    Indy?

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    12-01-14 07:06 PM
    I don't understand

Where you from? I thought crown had a forklift plant in Indianapolis?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 07:10 PM
    Where you from? I thought crown had a forklift plant in Indianapolis?

Posted via CB10
    O ok.

Yeah they do have a plant in Indy but I'm from Caracas, Venezuela. We are an authorized dealer for Crown in Venezuela and the Caribbean.

mrfreeze likes this.
    12-01-14 07:23 PM
    Love the form factor
    I am an Allergist/Pediatric Pulmonologist who loves using the Passport for reading the latest medical literature, checking on medication dosing, differential diagnosis, and interacting with patients.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-01-14 07:38 PM
    I am a medical researcher and use it all the time to view data in spreadsheets (never done that before on my phone). Graphs, ppt and documents... best device on the market. And I love Blend...

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 07:49 PM
    I need to review drawings and contracts all the time and it's sooo much nicer on the passport

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:00 PM
    I am an Emergency Medicine physician. I also cannot use it to access medical records without citrix. But I love it for communications, web browsing, and viewing presentations and spreadsheets related to my physician group.

Posted via CB10
    Arabianhorse likes this.
    12-01-14 08:03 PM
    I'm not an engineer, but I do a lot of designing which I usually have to show to my research group. The android app "edrawings" is fantastic on the large screen. Here's a screenshot of a sample file:
    Doctors and/or engineers, have you gotten a Passport?-img_20141201_222920.png

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:34 PM
    I am an Emergency Medicine physician. I also cannot use it to access medical records without citrix. But I love it for communications, web browsing, and viewing presentations and spreadsheets related to my physician group.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if you sideload Snap and then download Citrix from the Google Play Store if that would resolve your issues.
    12-01-14 09:46 PM
    Beats bluetooth work great for this

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:54 PM
    I am an engineer.

I use a Q5, Z10, and Z30.

May get a passport a year from now when the price drops.

Regardless of apps , all my colleagues with their company bought expensive iphones can't email nearly as effectively as my $200 z10.
    12-01-14 11:32 PM
    Engineer! Yup brilliant for drawings, but hate that autocad didn't give us a native app, intact no native engineering apps of value at all!!

Passport Powered
    12-02-14 12:47 AM
    Yes, engineer here and love the passport. Great for drawings.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:40 AM
    CrackBerryQ. I know Auto CAD works but just an FYI if you want a better experience try Etoolbox mobile CAD. So much better for DWF DWF drawings. Hit me up by Bbm if you need the apk.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:44 AM
    I'm not an engineer, but I do a lot of designing which I usually have to show to my research group. The android app "edrawings" is fantastic on the large screen. Here's a screenshot of a sample file:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141201_222920.png 
Views:	1007 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	318067

Posted via CB10
    Hi i'm an engineer, and new to passport. I saw this and been trying to install edrawing via snap but the app wont run due to license validation. Any tip?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 04:08 AM
    Same here, its been great for looking at drawings and excel spreadsheets

Saves me from pulling my laptop out 90% of the time now, I can almost do my entire job from my Passport

I am a Controls Engineer

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    I used to be a controls designer myself for15 years, worked in the auto industry, mainly bodyshop and press automation tooling. Now I write technical manuals for large automation systems and teach the skilled trades folks how to maintain them. I find it to be far less stressful and I travel far less than I used to.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-02-14 04:14 AM
    It would be great if there were more medical apps available.
    12-02-14 06:47 AM
    I used to be a controls designer myself for15 years, worked in the auto industry, mainly bodyshop and press automation tooling. Now I write technical manuals for large automation systems and teach the skilled trades folks how to maintain them. I find it to be far less stressful and I travel far less than I used to.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    That's exactly what I do and where I work, huh isn't that funny haha

I have been wondering about alternatives to this profession now for a while, been going hard at it for 5 years now traveling all over the place at ungodly hours haha

Passport has been handy though in this profession, BlackBerry in general actually... everyone around me uses Android or iPhone lately... I'm the last BlackBerry hold out lol

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    12-02-14 12:39 PM
    I assume you are talking about music production when this thread is asking for actual Engineers and actual Doctors to respond. You know, those ones with degrees and experience in their respective fields.

Sadly, your attempt at witty discourse and belittlement of BlackBerry only makes you look poorly in this case.
    you DO realize that there is such a thing as a Sound Engineer right? Not to mention that you can get degrees for music production....
    12-02-14 03:42 PM
    you DO realize that there is such a thing as a Sound Engineer right? Not to mention that you can get degrees for music production....
    That was a setup for arguments..
    12-02-14 03:50 PM
    ER physician here. Use the passport for looking up medical and drug information. Was able to get important apps such as Uptodate, CPS through the android app store. Haven't been able to look at xrays because our hospital doesn't allow mobile devices access.
    However if BB really wants to have medical professionals switch over from other platforms they have to have medical app developers make native apps for BB. Alot of the good apps are available only on the apple app store and not on the android app store, so can't be downloaded onto the passport. Until this happens many won't switch over from other platforms over though this is likely a better phone than whats out there.
    Many people have noticed the phone and are impressed but don't know how many will truly switch over.
    12-02-14 04:24 PM
    Electrical Engineer here, so more electronics schematics than building or part drawings, but it's pretty great on the Passport big screen. Same with parts datasheets, quite useful.

When I'm on the field, my Passport is my best tool, be it for taking notes with the physical keyboard, take pictures, network diagnostic with the embedded PING function, or simply as a flashlight. Of course, everything sync'ed with my laptop, so I still have access to everything when I go back a at my desk, in addition to Blend which I always use.

Overall my best BlackBerry, without a doubt.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 04:53 PM
    Question: why would an undecided professional who wants a bigger screen size choose the passport vs the latest galaxy note?
    12-02-14 06:08 PM
    Question: why would an undecided professional who wants a bigger screen size choose the passport vs the latest galaxy note?
    This is what I would do... I would look at the differences between these two phones, prioritizing them based on how much each item matters to me, and then say "f___ it, I am going to get a Passport".

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    hpjrt likes this.
    12-02-14 07:34 PM
74 123