I remember reading about how great Passport would be for doctors to check out CT scans or other medical images, and how great it would be for Engineers to check their drawings on the go.

Is this idea picked up by relevant industries yet after a month?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    12-01-14 03:01 PM
    Not in the US, because it's not available from the carriers.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    12-01-14 03:31 PM
    Not in the US, because it's not available from the carriers.
    You can buy it without a carrier in the US.
    12-01-14 03:39 PM
    I have used it to look at Xrays and it does a good job for the size of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:40 PM
    I have used it to look at Xrays and it does a good job for the size of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Do you use it all the time?
    12-01-14 03:42 PM
    I am a pharmacist and I do tons of drug info on my passport. Extremely useful than staring at the narrow iphone screen.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-01-14 03:46 PM
    Well, I know that but it's not going to get the penetration into the market without the carrier subsidization. I would love to hook-up my wife (a physician) with a Passport, but it's not available on Verizon (because it is CDMA, not GSM).

Also, the sticker shock would be a done deal for her no matter how much it really costs over time.

- Freeze
    LuvULongTime and neoberry99 like this.
    12-01-14 03:47 PM
    Engineer here, and yes, I look at drawings. I used to have to carry my Windows tablet with me solely for that reason, because looking at drawings on the Q10 screen was just ridiculous. I still have to fire up the tablet to view particularly complex drawings, but 80% of the time the Passport does the job.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-01-14 04:19 PM
    Engineer here, and yes, I look at drawings. I used to have to carry my Windows tablet with me solely for that reason, because looking at drawings on the Q10 screen was just ridiculous. I still have to fire up the tablet to view particularly complex drawings, but 80% of the time the Passport does the job.

Same here, its been great for looking at drawings and excel spreadsheets

Saves me from pulling my laptop out 90% of the time now, I can almost do my entire job from my Passport

I am a Controls Engineer

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    Andy_bb_king, rarsen and ptpete like this.
    12-01-14 04:26 PM
    Doctor here.

It is awesome, but BlackBerry has to improve its interface software such as Citrix. All my remote access to patient files on the hospital system is via citrix...and the citrix app I got off BlackBerry world just keep crashing on me. the citrix app of amazon appstore works alittle better...

BlackBerry really needs to improve this type of interfacing.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:27 PM

As an engineer I'm not looking at drawings on a 10 inch tablet let alone a 5 inch phone. To each his/her own, though.
    12-01-14 04:28 PM
    It's a huge chasmic leap down from iOS for engineering and doctoring music production. Great for reading about all the amazing iOS music apps tho.

Some android apps make an effort but run poorly or not at all on my Passport... and without Core MIDI these valiant efforts are but toys in comparison with horribly hobbled productivity potential.

And with such nice speakers under a brilliant large display, the PP has great potential

Posted via CB10
    dabbguy likes this.
    12-01-14 04:58 PM
    My doctor said as he poked at his iPhone, no blackberry for me, they don't have any apps. I just smiled.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:59 PM
    is software engineer counted? I code on the go

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:59 PM
    Nope. I'm an engineer that would *LOVE* a Passport. But if it's not available for Verizon, then forget it. Any clue if and when it might appear there?
    12-01-14 05:03 PM
    But if the only carrier that works well in your area is Verizon, you just flushed that money down the drain. It's starting to look like it's not coming to VZW.
    12-01-14 05:05 PM
    But if the only carrier that works well in your area is Verizon, you just flushed that money down the drain. It's starting to look like it's not coming to VZW.
    It's not coming to VZW. It may come as the Passport 2 or something, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:07 PM
    It's not coming to VZW. It may come as the Passport 2 or something, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I sorta figured that out. I was mad enough to sell my Z30 and Q10. Back to Android or maybe WP. Sorry, BB. It's been a great run. My 8330 still works
    12-01-14 05:23 PM
    As an engineer I'm not looking at drawings on a 10 inch tablet let alone a 5 inch phone. To each his/her own, though.
    Depends on what type of drawings. For some, I need my 25" desktop screen. I usually look at building plans, a few rooms at a time.

12-01-14 05:30 PM
    It's a huge chasmic leap down from iOS for engineering and doctoring music production. Great for reading about all the amazing iOS music apps tho.
    I assume you are talking about music production when this thread is asking for actual Engineers and actual Doctors to respond. You know, those ones with degrees and experience in their respective fields.

Sadly, your attempt at witty discourse and belittlement of BlackBerry only makes you look poorly in this case.
    12-01-14 05:48 PM
    Architect - Same issue
    Wife - Doc - same issue plus she does not think it will be adequate for anything other than web and drug research. Also, has Android brainwash
    12-01-14 05:59 PM

Some android apps make an effort but run poorly or not at all on my Passport... and without Core MIDI these valiant efforts are but toys in comparison with horribly hobbled productivity potential.

And with such nice speakers under a brilliant large display, the PP has great potential

Posted via CB10
    I've actually made some good beats on my BlackBerry. You could, theoretically, use a MIDI controller through USB host mode, which you could never do on any iDevice even with an adapter since they don't have that capability. But really, it's like AutoCAD -- yeah, they have a mobile app but you're not gong to do that kind of work seriously on your phone. Basically, you can sketch out an idea on a mobile device, but you still need a studio with a $million+ worth of gear to make it happen if you're a pro.
    12-01-14 06:01 PM
    Civil engineer but work as a Sales Manager.

I sell Crown forklift and a couple of brands of racks so I have to see documents, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, blueprints, drawings, and every other kind of document there is.

The screen is a big plus, and it surprise me that it looks perfect in direct sunlight.

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    12-01-14 06:23 PM
    Civil engineer but work as a Sales Manager.

I sell Crown forklift and a couple of brands of racks so I have to see documents, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, blueprints, drawings, and every other kind of document there is.

The screen is a big plus, and it surprise me that it looks perfect in direct sunlight.

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    Indy?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:45 PM
    As a small business owner, and Control System Designer, I use my Passport to review drawings, Purchase Orders whenever I am away from my office/desk and have the need. For me it doesn't quite replace my computers (Desktop, Laptop) but the screen size does make such reviews quite feasible.
    12-01-14 06:50 PM
74 123