11-28-14 10:53 PM
40 12
tools
    Any news? I've all but given up on it and bought a Windows tablet mainly for Office, but it would be nice if it became more functional and let us create real spreadsheets or documents with graphics. Saving files as pdf's is also a sadly missing feature.

Posted via CB10
    snowden_generation likes this.
    08-30-14 09:10 AM
    I would hope. I'm sure BlackBerry Express will come out of Beta, too. "Hopefully" I should say.
    08-30-14 10:23 AM
    A smarter business move would be to have a Docs to Go PRO version available at a cost.

Z30 144GB
    ibpluto likes this.
    08-30-14 08:17 PM
    Docs to Go had better get an upgrade.

With BlackBerry positioning itself as a business focused company, the docs to go suite is simply embarrassing.

Competing products in iOS and Android have many more features. In fact, the Android version of Docs to go is much better than the BB10 version.

I suspect a major upgrade is in the works - one that will work over Blend. That would go a long way. Docs to go isn't very useful right now when plugged into a monitor or over miracast.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and Rello like this.
    08-31-14 09:42 AM
    It definitely will have an update.

The 10.3 leak already shows a UI update.
    Is Docs to Go getting an upgrade for the Passport/10.3 launch?-img_20140831_114617.png

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:46 AM
    I just want Docs to Go to be able to make .docx files in addition to the older .doc format. It can open up .docx, but not create them as far as I know.

And some way to indent paragraphs would be nice. I can't, for the life of me, figure that bit out. I don't want the whole block of text indented, just when I make a new one. Ah, well. We'll see if more than the UI is updated.
    08-31-14 06:58 PM
    Well if its the same old docs to go that's on it, then for me it's probably not worth getting. Especially if it has a premium price!
    Lets hope they have done it, they've certainly had the time.
    08-31-14 08:55 PM
    It definitely will have an update.

The 10.3 leak already shows a UI update.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140831_114617.png 
Views:	2875 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	294820

Posted via CB10
    This doesn't indicate that I'll be able to use cell references in spreadsheets or insert graphics in documents. It's sad that the Office suite I was using back in 1992 had more functionality than D2G.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:01 PM
    This PLEASE blackberry update docs to go. Make it better, this is a universal business tool. Excel work pp are all used! JC you out of all people should know!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:43 PM
    A smarter business move would be to have a Docs to Go PRO version available at a cost.

Z30 144GB
    +1

Premium versions generally get updated versions quicker then a standard free version. Also the premium is not badly priced.
    09-04-14 04:57 PM
    This doesn't indicate that I'll be able to use cell references in spreadsheets or insert graphics in documents. It's sad that the Office suite I was using back in 1992 had more functionality than D2G.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by using cell references in spreadsheets? If you couldn't use cell references or cell references ranges, the spreadsheet would be incapable of calculations. Could you clarify the statement?
    09-04-14 10:59 PM
    I agree completely. Docs to go, both spreadsheet and word docs as well as xml format are essential. BlackBerry needs to step up. I use my phone for a great percentage of the tasks I used to do on a PC, and I would greatly appreciate better abilities to work on spreadsheets and documents on my phones too. And I would like a Visio compatible app too, personally.

Z30 Rocks!
    09-05-14 01:15 AM
    What do you mean by using cell references in spreadsheets? If you couldn't use cell references or cell references ranges, the spreadsheet would be incapable of calculations. Could you clarify the statement?
    You cannot tap on a cell and have its address entered in a formula. If I want to, for example, subtract the number in cell B4 from the number in cell B5, I have to type out the formula =b5-b4. I can't tap on B5 and B4 when I'm entering the formula and have their addresses appear. This isn't a problem with simple formulas, but it becomes a real pain with complex ones. Same goes for ranges.

Posted via CB10
    Rello likes this.
    09-05-14 09:53 AM
    I think soon MS Office on mobile will become standard. BlackBerry stands little chance of getting this app, but there's no reason D2G can't be just as good.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:11 AM
    I just want to be able to insert a row/column into my spreadsheet!!!!

BBOS doc2go could do it, every other existing digital spreadsheet program can do it,.. is this really such a daunting software engineering task?

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    09-05-14 10:17 AM
    lol some of ya'll are spot on in this thread. its a shame we even have to mention this.

My laptop is absolute trash (old HP) and i dont have the money to go get me a Surface like i want. I figure my BB can handle the task of some the excel documents i need to deal with in my math class...lol nope. It made one excel document a read only file because it didnt support some of the formulas.

BB needs to either improve the features drastically, or get Microsoft to release office on BB10. Its no secret they talked about it years ago when the PlayBook released.
    09-05-14 03:22 PM

BBOS doc2go could do it, every other existing digital spreadsheet program can do it,.. is this really such a daunting software engineering task?

Posted via CB10
    This^^this^^this^^!
    AnimalPak200 and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-05-14 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    People need to start tweeting / otherwise communicating this to BB.
    09-05-14 03:49 PM
    How about adding images to a document for a change...
    The GUI change is just a standard interface for 10.3 and doesn't look reflect the change in the core functions of D2G...
    This is long overdue I absolutely agree.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-05-14 04:05 PM
    Just tried a demo Passport in a Telus store, and it doesn't look like any significant changes were implemented in D2G. It looks different due to the UI upgrade, but the functionality seems to be the same. This is a deal breaker for me - and I was really looking forward to getting the Passport. Maybe next OS upgrade.

So - how do we bug BlackBerry about it?
    09-26-14 12:13 AM
    Just tried a demo Passport in a Telus store, and it doesn't look like any significant changes were implemented in D2G. It looks different due to the UI upgrade, but the functionality seems to be the same. This is a deal breaker for me - and I was really looking forward to getting the Passport. Maybe next OS upgrade.

So - how do we bug BlackBerry about it?
    Just out of curiosity, what is unsatisfactory with it?
    09-26-14 12:20 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what is unsatisfactory with it?
    Cannot save files as pdf, cannot insert graphics into documents, cannot tap on a cell in a spreadsheet to have its address entered in a formula, cannot insert rows or columns in a spreadsheet, cannot create PowerPoint presentations. It's really just a viewer, any content creation is severely compromised.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-26-14 08:24 AM
    OK, good list and I definitely some great points. I hope they will update it as well. RE ppt, I know it's not a perfect replacement, but BlackBerry Express is a nice product as well and free!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:00 AM
    Documents to go PREMIUM on AMAZON store is available to purchase. Has all the features people are talking about. The one that comes free is just a basic one which is fine for simple things. If you need more options feel free to buy the Premium version.
    09-26-14 09:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    The University of Waterloo Computer Science graduates can only develop web apps these days. Their next question is usually "do you want fries with that burger?"
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-26-14 12:58 PM
40 12