Just realized that I have few options viewing documents on a supposed business smartphone. The current notes that I'm trying to open are all equation intensive and they don't render on docs to go, but work fine on officesuite and the android equivalents with the caveat of slowness. Any ideas? Replacement app I could use? Can we message app developers like officesuite or kingsoft to make apps for bb10?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 10:12 AM
    Yes Doc to Go is bad.... You can ask anyone you want to bring their apps to BB10, but you are wasting your time.

Best solution is if you can install apps from Google Play... most that I tried worked.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-21-16 10:40 AM
    Yes Doc to Go is bad.... You can ask anyone you want to bring their apps to BB10, but you are wasting your time.

Best solution is if you can install apps from Google Play... most that I tried worked.
    Figured a solution. Most apps from Google play are optimized for the newer and faster version of Android so it slows down the runtime. Had to download aptoide so I could get older apps. Now using officesuite from three years ago and it's super fast!

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-21-16 01:38 PM
    Figured a solution. Most apps from Google play are optimized for the newer and faster version of Android so it slows down the runtime. Had to download aptoide so I could get older apps. Now using officesuite from three years ago and it's super fast!
    Problem solved!
    10-21-16 02:57 PM
    Mine works fine for simple docs, but it's good to know about aptoide.
    10-21-16 07:49 PM
    Mine works fine for simple docs, but it's good to know about aptoide.
    Oh yeah, docs to go is great for simple docs just didn't render any of the equations I needed. And yeah aptoide is good, I'm guessing we might have to rely on past versions of apps that were designed for lightweight processing power and android 4.3 in the future. Too many unnecessary background analytics on the newer app updates

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 08:20 PM
    I'm annoyed with the inability to view footnotes...I'm in an industry where footnotes are commonly used.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    petekohn123 likes this.
    10-22-16 01:08 AM
    Best bet is to download the Android version from Amazon Appstore.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-22-16 07:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think it would be great if you detailed the version # you are using.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 08:48 AM
    Wonder if any of the file converters online could solve that problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 03:38 PM
    Wonder if any of the file converters online could solve that problem.

Posted via CB10
    No not really. I'm using officesuite 7 now and it works good. Polaris office works the greatest but I just hate the fact you have to sign up to use it. Sometimes it's good working without being attached to the cloud, but looks like the new world we are building we have to sacrifice our privacy for convenience.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 04:15 PM
    I don't think it ever changed since 10.0, no?
    10-22-16 06:00 PM
    Best bet is to download the Android version from Amazon Appstore.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    This needs to be flagged as "Best Answer" for those unwilling or unable to load Snap. The reason I mention Snap is because if you've already purchased the DTG full license, you can get it through Snap. The Amazon Store doesn't have that provision.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-16 06:18 PM
    This needs to be flagged as "Best Answer" for those unwilling or unable to load Snap. The reason I mention Snap is because if you've already purchased the DTG full license, you can get it through Snap. The Amazon Store doesn't have that provision.
    The amazon appstore has a wakelock process for every app you open that's installed from it so it's always running and it uses extensive system resources to monitor app usage. I like to keep my apps nice and sleepy using greenify. You might not have noticed this, but it's a battery killer.

I'll check snap out, but if it just has newer versions of apps made for newer android versions then it'll be same as playstore.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 07:04 PM
    . Had to download aptoide so I could get older apps. Now using officesuite from three years ago and it's super fast!

Posted via CB10
    What is aptoide?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 07:23 AM
    This is one of the things I miss from OS7. Docs to go was much more robust, complete, and full featured on OS7.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 09:38 AM
    This is one of the things I miss from OS7. Docs to go was much more robust, complete, and full featured on OS7.

Posted via CB10
    That's true. I don't know why there's such a dichotomy on apps across the operating systems. Just powered on my nexus 4 today and realized how fluid and well built android 4.3 is. I wish blackberry focused on refining the workability of the android runtime on the passport to provide a more fluid experience so that apps run well on it while still improving the security and design of the qnx system. Just abandoning the project seems lazy to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 11:43 AM