Strange, I was able to download it earlier today from BlackBerry World...I used the very same link!!
    Attachment 343998

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport
    Can't download it either

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 06:48 PM
    https://app.box.com/s/i3kkoobymoqrzw7f06obix3hvl3wrkcx

Here's the link to task manager apk for those that can't download from BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto and antiplex like this.
    03-26-15 06:51 PM
    It used to be in BlackBerry World but now it's not - I'd like to install it on my Z30. Weird, as I've got for my Passport and older BlackBerry's but it's not in BBW any more.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 08:05 PM
    I wasn't able to find it a week or so ago. But lo and behold I clicked on the link, it was in BlackBerry World and I was able to download and run it.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-26-15 10:15 PM
    I use Taskmanager by ByteHamster

Quick and easy
    I got it from google play store

Posted via CB10
    I just downloaded this. Thanks!
    03-26-15 11:05 PM
    What's the advantage of using Task Manager over Device manager and closing the app under memory?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 11:15 PM
    What's the advantage of using Task Manager over Device manager and closing the app under memory?

Posted via CB10
    Device manager does not show you all android processes running in the background. It also has a hard time closing android apps that are still running in the background. They reappear after a few minutes again.

Task manager detects all android processes and apps. Kills most if not all without them reappearing. Task manager is limited to only the android runtime and cannot operate or view anything outside of that. It is not made to kill any BB10 processes or apps.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    03-26-15 11:33 PM
    Does anyone know why TaskManager was removed from BlackBerry world?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 01:52 AM
    I'm using one for automatic stopping all those android apps that start in the Background. Works good and saves my Battery

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    03-27-15 04:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Who said it was removed, it's still there...read page 1 of this thread.

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    03-27-15 08:46 AM

Task Manager WAS gone. I can attest to that. BUT, it is there again now. I downloaded it yesterday or the day before.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:51 AM

Well thank you for that, oddly enough I did read the first page of this thread and have been checking my BBW to see if it's there. I've seen other Task Manager apps but they're to do with lists. I'm looking for the TaskManager that shuts down running apps. Haven't found it. I do have it on two of my BlackBerrys but I'd like to install it on my Z30 - it's not available.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 02:24 PM
    Task Manager WAS gone. I can attest to that. BUT, it is there again now. I downloaded it yesterday or the day before.

Posted via CB10
    For some reason when I set up my Z30, BBWorld carried over most of my installed and Uninstalled apps but TaskManager was not brought with it. I'll just keep checking back on BBworld and hopefully grab it.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 02:28 PM
    I'm willing to give Task Manager a try, but though the link to bbworld carries me to the app, for some reason it won't download and I'm getting this message:

Do you use a task manager?-img_20150327_180104.png

The app provided in the Box link provided above seems to be an andriod app. I would prefer the BlackBerry app.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 06:04 PM
    I'm willing to give Task Manager a try, but though the link to bbworld carries me to the app, for some reason it won't download and I'm getting this message:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150327_180104.png 
Views:	521 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	344171

The app provided in the Box link provided above seems to be an andriod app. I would prefer the BlackBerry app.

Posted via CB10
    The link I provided takes you to the apk file I extracted from the task manager app that I downloaded from BlackBerry world. I used ghost commander to search for it on my device.

If you look at the app description in BlackBerry world it is not a built for BlackBerry app. It is an andrid port. That being said you can dig a little deeper as to what permissions this app has on your device through ghost commander after you install it.
    It's a harmless app that's contained to the android runtime. It shows no BB10 process or accesses them or any apps downloaded from BlackBerry world. It has the power to only view and end android apps and processes.

I provided the link as a convenience to those that can't download it from BlackBerry world. I do understand the hesitation of some when they see it as an apk. Others would prefer it from BlackBerry world so they have it saved in their available apps on BlackBerry world. Rest assured that apk was extracted from the Task Manager app I downloaded from BlackBerry world.

Here's a screen shot of the app info for Task Manager I checked in ghost commander. This is the Task Manager that I installed from BlackBerry world and the one I provided in the link.

Attachment 344191
    Attached Thumbnails Do you use a task manager?-img_20150327_215325_edit.png  
    03-27-15 08:58 PM
    I use this one, works perfectly
    Do you use a task manager?-img_20150327_220410.png

From Le BlackBerry Passport 
    03-27-15 09:04 PM
    The link I provided takes you to the apk file I extracted from the task manager app that I downloaded from BlackBerry world. I used ghost commander to search for it on my device.
    It came from this app?
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...3203885‎

Looks different.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 09:11 PM
    It came from this app?
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...3203885‎

Looks different.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. BlackBerry world listing looks different than what it looks like after being installed.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 11:06 PM
    Thanks byex!! I just downloaded and ran your apk, and sure enough, I had 6 android apps running in the background - after a reboot. Do apps like 1Mobile simply pop up without being specifically opened? Will it pop up by itself even after I killed it?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-28-15 11:25 AM
    Yup. BlackBerry world listing looks different than what it looks like after being installed.0
    Ok cool, thanks.
    I've installed it and it's working fine.

So far it's not showing me anything that Device Manager/memory isn't showing me ie. andriod apps running in the background and apps I've closed with DM seems to be closed according to TaskManager. I'll continue to use it to see if it does show me anything DM doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:31 AM
    Thanks byex!! I just downloaded and ran your apk, and sure enough, I had 6 android apps running in the background - after a reboot. Do apps like 1Mobile simply pop up without being specifically opened? Will it pop up by itself even after I killed it?

Sorry to get off topic a bit, but where do I go to download the 1Mobile App??

04-05-15 07:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Noticed that it was no longer available via BlackBerry World again!! Strange why the On again Off again!!

04-05-15 07:49 AM
    Thanks for the detailed exposition. I have nothing to do with this post though!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 07:54 AM
    Sorry to get off topic a bit, but where do I go to download the 1Mobile App??

http://www.1mobile.com/

Norg likes this.
    04-05-15 08:18 AM
    Noticed that it was no longer available via BlackBerry World again!! Strange why the On again Off again!!

My question exactly - it's weird.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 11:42 AM
56 123