02-01-17 03:51 AM
51 123
tools
    Disagree. The tempered glass protector is insurance. You won't need it until you do. It's like having cash, which is just as good as money.

Posted via CB10
    Agree!
    I started using tempered glass protectors with my Z30 and Classic. When I got my SE I never thought about it and put a tempered glass protector on it. Insurance I guess.

If you have never used a tempered glass protector, try one. Prices have come down and they are nothing like the old plastic film ones.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    07-21-16 07:49 PM
    Definitely a fan of the tempered glass, I ordered 4 off of eBay, they're $1 each from China with free shipping, I can't tell that it's on there even (aside from the scratches). Doesn't affect the touchscreen in any way, shape or form.
    07-31-16 04:43 PM
    Yes I bought a tempered glass screen protector and am happy with it. I also have the Tetded leather wallet case.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-31-16 09:02 PM
    Tempered Glass only on my passport se.

Mr. Shield brand seems to be really good so far. Great Coverage on the screen.
    Last edited by Gebo; 08-01-16 at 08:11 AM.
    07-31-16 10:03 PM
    used my OG naked but struggled with the swiping a lot. Now I'm using Skinomi's screen protector, perfect against fingerprints and grease. The only thing that gives it away is the matte finish, I guess the clear ones are almost invisible to the eye.
    I recommend it for everyone!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 06:08 AM
    I am using Stilgut glass and so far so good. Its little bit smaller than BlackBerry Passport display but it works great.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 08:06 AM
    You'll be regret once fall it off and hit directly to the face. You'll say if only...worth to have a tempered screen

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 10:34 AM
    Ghost armor for every BlackBerry device I own.

Posted via CB10 using PP SE
    08-01-16 12:54 PM
    No had my phone since release date the white passport never use one my phone is still perfect

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 07:39 PM
    Using the Passport now for over two years. I am a heavy user. No scratch at all. What kind of glass is it? It's really good. I never got screen protectors for my BlackBerry. My wife and kids do for the iPhones.... probably something iPhone-users need ...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 05:44 AM
    Passport with a tempered glass but make sure you get a smudge proof glass as there are lot of cheap ones which spoil the touch experience....i use nillkin tempered glass for me its the best I dont dare think using any of my phones without a tempered glass and it has helped many a times where the glass broke but the screen was hell as new....must have.....and good quality glasses are less of a problem during rainy or humid weather

Red passport
    08-05-16 06:38 AM
    BlackBerry AT&T Passport. Unable to find any suitable screen protection. Any ideas?

Yep. A PassPort.
    08-05-16 09:09 AM
    Try stilgut tempered glass. I have one and Im satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    08-05-16 10:10 AM
    Tempered glass on my AT&T Passport. Otherwise naked. I do have cases, but no longer use any of them simply for the fact that Passport is a well-built beast. Mine has slid off of the roof of my car (icy) onto the pavement without incurring any damage more than a negligible scratch on the chasis.

My friend and I were grilling on his tailgate while looking up mountain bike accessories, and being the energetic impulse that he is he, somehow, knocked my Passport out of my hand (almost seemed on purpose, but I digress...) with a not-so-gentle application of force. Again, device hit the gravely pavement without so much as a scratch as a result.

There have been more drops since these two incidents, and there were others prior and after. In every single one, I had a tempered glass screen protector working with the already touch-as-nails OEM screen. For me, using a screen protector (and the right case, maybe) compliments the well-engineered, robust build quality typical of most of BlackBerry's devices.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    I have a glass screen protector on my passport. And very glad I do. I've dropped my phone a few times, no problem. Until the last drop. Not sure why this one over the others but sure enough, cracked my protector but screen is perfect.

Which is a double blessing b/c I was waiting for my warranty replacement for multi-typing issues. Had I not had the protector, screen would have cracked and I'd have voided the warranty.

With all that said, I need another glass protector but Idk what to get or where to get it. Suggestions? AT&T Passport.

(Long story as to why I don't know where the first one came from)
    09-01-16 08:24 AM
    OK I just received the Stilgut glass protector. Easy to install and has a great feel! It doesn't cover the entire screen on my AT&T Passport, but I didn't expect it to since it was made for the smaller handset. But I still like it.
    09-04-16 11:17 AM
    I have a tempered glass on my Passport, but somehow the size doesn't fit that much, leaving a small space uncovered on each side.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 07:17 AM
    I have a tempered glass protector on mine, and it's a perfect fit. Worth every cent.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 10:45 AM
    I absolutely hate them so no. They look so tacky I think.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 04:17 PM
    I used a glass screen protector when I owned a Passport. It was hardly noticeable, looked great, and kept my screen extra-safe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-05-16 05:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12439099

for the reasons stated in the link above, i go naked.
    09-06-16 12:48 AM
    No and I wouldnt have a problem paying someone to replace the screen if needed.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-09-16 01:39 PM
    I have never used a screen protector on my passport. I added the liquid shield which works great. My wife has it on her Z30 as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 01:49 PM
    Passport with a tempered glass but make sure you get a smudge proof glass as there are lot of cheap ones which spoil the touch experience....i use nillkin tempered glass for me its the best I dont dare think using any of my phones without a tempered glass and it has helped many a times where the glass broke but the screen was hell as new....must have.....and good quality glasses are less of a problem during rainy or humid weather

Red passport
    Are you saying that the Nillikin tempered glass screen protectors have broken many times before? That doesn't sound very promising to me if so.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 03:08 PM
    I use tempered glass from ebay for 1€. After year of use still good. Only minor scratches.

Posted via my amazing Passport running 10.3.2.something
    01-31-17 03:27 PM
  25. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    yes, I do

 Passport Silver Edition SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2206
    01-31-17 07:46 PM
51 123