Do you use "Screen protection" to protect passport screen?
    Passport screen needs any protection from Scratch?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 01:48 PM
    Yeah I have a screen protector I got at Zagg that I hate. It's cut too short, my finger hooks when I swipe up and it's lifted and dirty.

I didn't get it to protect from scratches. I got it for that little extra bit of protection from drops.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 01:51 PM
    Yeah I have a screen protector I got at Zagg that I hate. It's cut too short, my finger hooks when I swipe up and it's lifted and dirty.

I didn't get it to protect from scratches. I got it for that little extra bit of protection from drops.

Posted via CB10
    So...We shouldn't worry about Scratches on passport 's screen? Am I right?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 09:29 PM
    The Passport has a tough screen. I have one only cause i hate to see the oil it get from my face and fingers.
    07-12-16 09:45 PM
    Mine is in a flip case, I've never really worried about it scratching. It seems tough.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 10:39 PM
    As I don't use a case I have a screen protector to help protect the screen from scratches and if I drop it. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10
    07-12-16 10:52 PM
    I always say I am going to get a screen protector but never do and so far I havn't cracked a screen yet

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 11:38 PM
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a MIRROR SCREEN PROTECTOR for the passport? The dark shade screen is for five bucks cdn on eBay but absolutely no mirror protectors
    07-13-16 12:10 AM
    I am just worried about grit or coarse sand. Anyone has the issue about tiny scratches on screen?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 12:39 AM
    I am just worried about grit or coarse sand. Anyone has the issue about tiny scratches on screen?
    I like to put screen protectors on devices as soon as they are opened, if I'm going to care at all. With the Passport, I messed up and got fingerprints all over my first screen protector on the first day. I too was worried about getting scratches on the screen and ordered another screen protector to show up the very next day. It's been three weeks and I haven't put it on yet.

Been rolling with a naked Passport thus far and the screen looks pristine. There's oil and grease marks on it everyday, and I wipe the screen with my shirt all the time like I have with phones past. The screen's tough as sh*t. I get gritty-*** fingers from the griptape and falling during skateboard sessions. No micro scratches on the Passport when directly handling after skate sessions. I'm sure I'm rubbing the micro- equivalent of giant boulders against the screen.

There is no substitute for direct interaction with the glass surface. Screen protectors are great and all, and I'm a big proponent, but they don't do the user experience any justice. I might stick on that screen protector sometime soon, but I won't like it.

Get the Stilgut leather flip case. It keeps the phone safe and looks classy:

https://www.amazon.com/StilGut-Genui...UvbUpU12503545
    07-13-16 01:04 AM
    I like to put screen protectors on devices as soon as they are opened, if I'm going to care at all. With the Passport, I messed up and got fingerprints all over my first screen protector on the first day. I too was worried about getting scratches on the screen and ordered another screen protector to show up the very next day. It's been three weeks and I haven't put it on yet.

Been rolling with a naked Passport thus far and the screen looks pristine. There's oil and grease marks on it everyday, and I wipe the screen with my shirt all the time like I have with phones past. The screen's tough as sh*t. I get gritty-*** fingers from the griptape and falling during skateboard sessions. No micro scratches on the Passport when directly handling after skate sessions. I'm sure I'm rubbing the micro- equivalent of giant boulders against the screen.

There is no substitute for direct interaction with the glass surface. Screen protectors are great and all, and I'm a big proponent, but they don't do the user experience any justice. I might stick on that screen protector sometime soon, but I won't like it.

Get the Stilgut leather flip case. It keeps the phone safe and looks classy:

https://www.amazon.com/StilGut-Genui...UvbUpU12503552
    Yeh thank you for sharing. I thought like you. I am thinking to get rid of screen protection. I dont like it. And I had drop the phone on the floor. Yes the aluminum body got a little scratch but the screen is still OK.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 01:20 AM
    I don't. I clean the sweat and fingerprints with those wet clothes you can buy in shops.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 02:31 PM
    Same.. no screen protector on my Passport. Just clean it sometimes with a cloth. Screen is pretty much scratch resistent, until a certain degree of course (like poking it hardcore with a knife)

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    07-13-16 02:50 PM
    No screen protector here on my passport or classic. No scratches either

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 06:23 PM
    I put that screen protector on today. Skinomi... pretty good make, very responsive and doesn't look ugly. If you get it, wait the 4-5 hours like they say to do.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014I...UvbUpU12509444

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 01:03 AM
    Using my passport for a few weeks and I didn't remove the film came with phone out of the box.
    The reason is because I didn't find a decent aftermarket screen protector film .
    And the tempered glasses I found were not fitting smoothly to the edge of the screen so decided to stick with the stock screen protector film.
    Only problem is there is a small white triangle at the bottom right, but it didn't bother me much.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 06:24 AM
    I've been using the Seidio tempered glass screen protector. Very nice. Can't tell the difference

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 06:40 AM
    I'm a fan of the slim glass screen protector ordered one for my passport should be here today

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 11:40 AM
    Tempered glass on my AT&T Passport. Otherwise naked. I do have cases, but no longer use any of them simply for the fact that Passport is a well-built beast. Mine has slid off of the roof of my car (icy) onto the pavement without incurring any damage more than a negligible scratch on the chasis.

My friend and I were grilling on his tailgate while looking up mountain bike accessories, and being the energetic impulse that he is he, somehow, knocked my Passport out of my hand (almost seemed on purpose, but I digress...) with a not-so-gentle application of force. Again, device hit the gravely pavement without so much as a scratch as a result.

There have been more drops since these two incidents, and there were others prior and after. In every single one, I had a tempered glass screen protector working with the already touch-as-nails OEM screen. For me, using a screen protector (and the right case, maybe) compliments the well-engineered, robust build quality typical of most of BlackBerry's devices.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    moody likes this.
    07-18-16 12:45 PM
    No protectors on Q10, Classic and Passport... even I had one for all of the took them all off and do not have scratches till now

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 01:08 PM
    No, don't need it! Naked all the way

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 02:59 PM
    My first Passport OG was protected to hilt, with a screen protector and a selection of cases. The SE has nothing - totally naked - and the better for it.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    07-19-16 07:59 AM
    Me too, NAKED .... to enjoy it in my hands.

I also tried the original flip and flex cases, but I now use a real leather pouch, and I enjoy my device as I hold it.
    07-19-16 08:28 AM
    Definitely go naked. The glass has high scratch resistance and a screen protector ultimately spoils the look IMO. It's like putting plastic covers on your furniture a la 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding '. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 08:30 AM
    Disagree. The tempered glass protector is insurance. You won't need it until you do. It's like having cash, which is just as good as money.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    07-19-16 08:38 PM
51 123