Big joke, big chin, supercilious Chen, end of days selling new case with old, returned, same parts...junk
    08-06-15 12:23 AM
    Chen is actually a smart CEO...

Instead of accepting the 'screen lifting' issues, recall the affected units and replace them - which is, by the way, not only officially damaging on their quality standards but also dammed costly on their part, he just reinforced the frame to prevent 'screen lifting', covered it with silver lining and sell it as 'new' edition device...

Posted via CB10
    That came from the official BlackBerry "playbook"..... It's what they did with the STORM and it's memory design flaw.

Which is where it all started to go bad for them. The STORM was a huge commercial success, and just as huge a PR failure. It really showed people that BlackBerry was not on the same playing field as Apple and opened the door for Android. Don't think Verizon ever looked back.
    08-06-15 07:26 AM
    That came from the official BlackBerry "playbook"..... It's what they did with the STORM and it's memory design flaw.

Which is where it all started to go bad for them. The STORM was a huge commercial success, and just as huge a PR failure. It really showed people that BlackBerry was not on the same playing field as Apple and opened the door for Android. Don't think Verizon ever looked back.
    Yep Chen brilliantly followed the "PlayBook" and we all see what the previous regimes did to BlackBerry by following this same "PlayBook"..... F over the end users and keep expecting them to come back and throw more money at you. Waterloo distortion field is strengthening.

Posted via Z30
    08-06-15 08:17 AM
    BlackBerry's issues are not selling devices, including the original Passport. According to BlackBerry the only difference in the phone is its 3mm longer, 0.2mm wider, and -0.02mm thicker. According to many here, there are no issues with screen lift, etc. So what problem does the silver passport solve? None. Other, IMHO, it looks nicer than the other colors. And it looks like, um, I don't know, an iPhone with being all silver/aluminum looking... ya, I know it's stainless steel, but has that iPhone look... Still has a Blackberry logo on it, will it sell? Rabid fanboys that buy everything will of course, but to the average joe that's locked into a new 2yr contact, not at all..

For a company to release a new product almost a year after the original Passport (originally released on September 24, 2014), with the same processor and specs, tells me a lot about the state of Blackberry...
    08-06-15 08:42 AM
    BlackBerry's issues are not selling devices, including the original Passport. According to BlackBerry the only difference in the phone is its 3mm longer, 0.2mm wider, and -0.02mm thicker. According to many here, there are no issues with screen lift, etc. So what problem does the silver passport solve? None. Other, IMHO, it looks nicer than the other colors. And it looks like, um, I don't know, an iPhone with being all silver/aluminum looking... ya, I know it's stainless steel, but has that iPhone look... Still has a Blackberry logo on it, will it sell? Rabid fanboys that buy everything will of course, but to the average joe that's locked into a new 2yr contact, not at all..

For a company to release a new product almost a year after the original Passport (originally released on September 24, 2014), with the same processor and specs, tells me a lot about the state of Blackberry...
    No, frame torsion and screen lifting were the issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:58 AM
    No, frame torsion and screen lifting were the issues.

Posted via CB10
    How is it possible that the passport bends, when saviour Chen said it's not possible?

Check out 2:30
    bodjor likes this.
    08-06-15 10:43 AM
    How is it possible that the passport bends, when saviour Chen said it's not possible?

How dare you question Chairman Chen!

Posted via Z30
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-06-15 10:51 AM
    The improved keyboard has to do with better balance from the longer bottom chin and they also mentioned the keys being softer to type on, thus providing a nicer typing experience.
    #qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    you mean, in other words, the exact same things people said about the AT&T model...

ATT has a softer "click" and longer chin to make it easier to hold, and round corners so it doesn't dig into the hand...
    08-06-15 11:34 AM
    you mean, in other words, the exact same things people said about the AT&T model...

ATT has a softer "click" and longer chin to make it easier to hold, and round corners so it doesn't dig into the hand...
    True, true. But the ATT version isn't......silver. Waiting on mine to show up today! Woot Woot!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-06-15 01:41 PM

The problem is not bending. It twist...
    08-06-15 06:21 PM
    I wonder if the BB logo on the back will be backlit? lol
    That would be badass!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-15 11:51 PM
    Attachment 365377

The Inside BlackBerry interview mentioned a stainless steel frame and frets. The above pic (and 9 grams of added weight) leads me to believe that this is one beast of a BlackBerry. Ordered mine this morning.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    The frets are definitely not the same material as the frame btw

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:05 AM
    The improved keyboard has to do with better balance from the longer bottom chin and they also mentioned the keys being softer to type on, thus providing a nicer typing experience.

Double-typing? I don't think they'll ever be able to fix this problem, it's been with them since the legacy devices but will admit it's much more common these days for some reason.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Yeah, it was pretty rare back in the BBOS days, but my Passport is now out for repair under warranty because it became too much for practical use. Having used it with great care and in a case most of the time, that doesn't feel right. And my very first Passport had a non-clicking 'B', so also keyboard troubles.

On the other hand, when it works, it works like a m#thaf#cka; I've been using the old Q10 for two weeks now, but still catch myself swiping across that keyboard and swearing when it doesn't do anything...
    7onZ likes this.
    08-09-15 04:19 PM
    Will blackberry ever get rid of the black bars in videos so you can actually use the full screen?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 10:09 AM
    No. It is a peculiar "new" product. Where is my OS update John?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 10:41 AM
    I just purchased the silver edition 2 days ago. Opened it brand new and applied screen protector. Noticed screen was lifted bit on the right top. Can push it down but pops back. A return to Crackberry store
    08-31-15 06:54 PM
41 12