Just a thought -

Do you think or know if the Silver Edition Passport addressed current Passport issues such as screen lift and logo bullets coming loose?

Or

Do you believe that the issues were not addressed since R&D for the Silver Edition started way before screen lift and logo displacement became more wide spread
    08-04-15 04:06 PM
    I know one issue it didn't address: Verizon support. It's supposed to be a better build quality, so it might address those issues you noted. Only time will tell.
    DarkJoker33 and dbiv5445 like this.
    08-04-15 04:30 PM
    Just a thought -

Do you think or know if the Silver Edition Passport addressed current Passport issues such as screen lift and logo bullets coming loose?

Or

Do you believe that the issues were not addressed since R&D for the Silver Edition started way before screen lift and logo displacement became more wide spread
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/08/...ilver-edition/

Take a look at the frame. It's all stainless steel (apparently). I'd say there is quite a bit more rigidity due to the cross-bracing in the Silver model. Less twisting and screen lifting seems likely.

And I can't tell, but maybe the screen isn't just glued to the frame like before? It sure looks like there are a lot of screw holes.

The question is how secure are the connections between each of the three pieces that comprise the steel frame.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 04:30 PM
    Screen lift, sure. Logo, likely not. The logo issue has been a thing for years across devices. Oddly enough, one of the only devices it was wasn't really an issue with was the Storm because those logos were actually a piece of metal lol.
    krazyatom likes this.
    08-04-15 04:31 PM
    Isn't the global and AT&T Passport consist of a steel chassis/frame?
    08-04-15 07:23 PM
    08-04-15 07:34 PM
    Chen is actually a smart CEO...

Instead of accepting the 'screen lifting' issues, recall the affected units and replace them - which is, by the way, not only officially damaging on their quality standards but also dammed costly on their part, he just reinforced the frame to prevent 'screen lifting', covered it with silver lining and sell it as 'new' edition device...

Posted via CB10
    blambtn likes this.
    08-04-15 11:59 PM
    Do you think Silver Edition addressed current issues-oslo_frame.jpg

The Inside BlackBerry interview mentioned a stainless steel frame and frets. The above pic (and 9 grams of added weight) leads me to believe that this is one beast of a BlackBerry. Ordered mine this morning.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-05-15 12:50 AM
    Can someone confirm if they did actually update the camera at all?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 02:10 AM
    Maybe it's rebuilt returns?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-05-15 02:40 AM
    Saw the improved keyboard thinking the double type was addressed for some people but they just rounded the bottom corners to match att version but left top corners sharp

And still no wireless charging... still happy with my att passport
    08-05-15 03:09 AM
    I wonder if the BB logo on the back will be backlit? lol
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    08-05-15 03:13 AM
    Porsche design wannabee??

Saw the improved keyboard thinking the double type was addressed for some people but they just rounded the bottom corners to match att version but left top corners sharp

08-05-15 05:39 AM
    Maybe it's rebuilt returns?

Posted via CB10
    Haha, that's what I was thinking too.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 08:10 AM
    Chen is actually a smart CEO...

Instead of accepting the 'screen lifting' issues, recall the affected units and replace them - which is, by the way, not only officially damaging on their quality standards but also dammed costly on their part, he just reinforced the frame to prevent 'screen lifting', covered it with silver lining and sell it as 'new' edition device...

Posted via CB10
    That's brilliant! Instead of fixing problems that current customers have, sweep it under the rug and tell them to buy the new model that doesn't have those issue that never existed in the first place. Brilliant!

They are sure to keep everyone in house like that. I'm sure there are many that don't mind just replacing their still new phone with a newer one that will have most of the same issues except a couple.
    08-05-15 08:31 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oslo_frame.jpg 
Views:	3080 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	365377

The Inside BlackBerry interview mentioned a stainless steel frame and frets. The above pic (and 9 grams of added weight) leads me to believe that this is one beast of a BlackBerry. Ordered mine this morning.

Give me an all touch version, otherwise they are wasting time.

Posted via Z30
    rwcrwfrd and Anthony Roberts5 like this.
    08-05-15 09:01 AM
    What would prevent that? What did they do with the returns the pile of which might now fill Hudson bay to the rim !!

Haha, that's what I was thinking too.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 11:02 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oslo_frame.jpg 
Views:	3080 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	365377

I do not think this is an accurate image and instead just a render. Taking a look at pics of the actual device shows that the frame is not 1 solid piece as this render suggests. If this was how it was built, I would order one in a heartbeat, but sadly it doesn't appear to be true.

I wish there was a way for me to see the device in person before I ordered it.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 11:05 AM
    I do not think this is an accurate image and instead just a render. Taking a look at pics of the actual device shows that the frame is not 1 solid piece as this render suggests. If this was how it was built, I would order one in a heartbeat, but sadly it doesn't appear to be true.

I wish there was a way for me to see the device in person before I ordered it.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's pretty apparent in the image that the keyboard plate is separate from the frame, which is separate from the speaker/usb grille. Even if it is a render.
    08-05-15 12:07 PM
    Screen lift, sure. Logo, likely not. The logo issue has been a thing for years across devices. Oddly enough, one of the only devices it was wasn't really an issue with was the Storm because those logos were actually a piece of metal lol.
    I always thought that it would be cool if BlackBerry machine printed their logo on the back, and even got it to glow if the phone was face down to signal a message
    08-05-15 08:33 PM
    Hopefully they have resolved the upper corner heating issue...
    08-05-15 10:11 PM

The improved keyboard has to do with better balance from the longer bottom chin and they also mentioned the keys being softer to type on, thus providing a nicer typing experience.

Double-typing? I don't think they'll ever be able to fix this problem, it's been with them since the legacy devices but will admit it's much more common these days for some reason.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-05-15 10:11 PM
    Thank goodness, this is all I was concerned about.
    08-05-15 11:20 PM
    The other enhancement is improved radio reception with an aerial reconfiguration. I think a more sensitive keyboard is also a great plus. I was happy to go back to a keyboard with the passport, but found it requires a bit more effort than optimal. Can't wait for delivery.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 11:23 PM
    That's brilliant! Instead of fixing problems that current customers have, sweep it under the rug and tell them to buy the new model that doesn't have those issue that never existed in the first place. Brilliant!
    Hmm, they wouldn't reinforced the frame if the 'screen lifting' issue never existed in the first place...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 11:31 PM
41 12