10-31-15 01:48 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    I searched and couldn't find a convincing video where a BlackBerry Passport is running Android. Note I said convincing. The one video I did find could have easily been an app designed to make it look like the Android OS was loaded on the phone.

Also, what would they do for the dedicated home button?

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 798 to 2204 to 2339 to 2639 to 2789
    10-24-15 08:07 AM
    BB10 with Android run time 5.02?
    Does it mean the Google play services will work?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:35 AM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:32 AM
    I don't see what BlackBerry has to lose once the sales of the Priv does stabilise. If they already have a version of the passport se working with Android, why not releasing it and providing more choice to the customer. It's not like they stopped producing and selling the passport. As for me I have two passports and would like to install android on one and bb10 without the android runtime on the other.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:46 AM
    I don't see what BlackBerry has to lose once the sales of the Priv does stabilise. If they already have a version of the passport se working with Android, why not releasing it and providing more choice to the customer. It's not like they stopped producing and selling the passport. As for me I have two passports and would like to install android on one and bb10 without the android runtime on the other.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry wants passport users to buy priv to make money. If passport gets android update, I won't buy a priv. I do prefer passport design over priv too. I do hope that passport gets android updates.
    10-24-15 01:13 PM
    We won't get Android! The CEO of BlackBerry announced today that it won't. only new devices. very disappointing. I want a kit kat now!
    BlackBerry just doesn't treat it's customers well. It really has little class. I mean it sold the SE edition in August. I paid a lot of money. Then a week later it becomes clear the device/software will have little development from then on. Then Chen says basically that the Priv is his last shot at devices! These guys have no sense of devloping and sustaining market confidence. I dislike Apple but I have to say that it trays it's customers better. It is focussed on the consumer. There is just no commitment by BlackBerry to its consumers. It's just too bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:21 PM
    Well maybe... there's actually a video online which shows a passport actually running Android... so maybe haha u never know

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:22 PM
    Don't think so...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-30-15 06:52 PM
    Well maybe... there's actually a video online which shows a passport actually running Android... so maybe haha u never know

Posted via CB10
    There were also videos of PlayBook running BlackBerry os 10.1
    Just because they tested it as a proof of concept doesn't mean we will receive it. They basically used the Passport as a know stable hardware internal development device as they worked out dev on the Priv hardware itself

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    10-31-15 01:28 PM
    Lollipop was developed to run on low RAM devices anyway... but to answer your question, I doubt the PP will get Android, or at least the already existing ones.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:48 PM
85 ... 234