It will get BB10 with Android runtime 5.02 in November.
    Says who ?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    08-29-15 07:40 PM
    Option of dual booting to BlackBerry 10 and Android will be the best of both world. JC should make it available to all current and future BlackBerry hand set. For the Android OS, JC should customized the OS to work like BlackBerry 10 to retain the BlackBerry flavor.

Pair these with aggressive global marketing, this will capture the potential Android user out there while retaining existing user.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom and Sparksx like this.
    08-29-15 08:01 PM
    Option of dual booting to BlackBerry 10 and Android will be the best of both world.
    No, it's not. The general user doesn't dual boot anything, whether it be a mobile device or traditional computer. Even so, if they offered you, the power user, the option of dual booting, you're going to spend 99% of the time using one over the other. Unless you have a specific use for both operating systems, you'll just use one.

And what happens when the user ****s up their bootloader or the partitions get messed up? Dual booting isn't a simple or serviceable option for the majority of users.

The best approach is to offer two versions of the Passport. I'm willing to bet $1,000 there will not be a dual boot variant.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    HereticHermit and idhbar like this.
    08-29-15 08:06 PM
    These forums have gotten so divided lately. I hope BlackBerry clarifies soon. I really don't see the issue with the OP comment.

This is one reason I'm not sure what to think about the slider. If the rumour of us being able to decide our OS simple by formating the phone than I will line up..

I would use bb10 at first. But if the runtime still is sluggish like on my z30 I would most likely convert to the android side..

I know a few people that just got passport and leap.. and we should expect if this trial run with the slider shows they make more money from android we can ultimately kiss bb10 good bye eventually..

But if we can choose, it makes this even more of an all on one choice for BlackBerry, people who are fans of android might get curious and try bb10 and be satisfied without GPS and in the end help bb10...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 08:19 PM
    Android as OS es most realiable and complete than BlackBerry os 10, im been using different phones from years, ios, android and BlackBerry os and im completely sure that android is the point of equilibrium of all OS of the market.

Not too secure like BlackBerry os or ios, but this is an option, you can secure android as you wish, can download modded androids that give full access over the phone.

Im just waiting android for my passport to do the UPGRADE.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 11:23 PM
    Bad point, don't need no stinking Android OS
    You obviously don't need one, but he does.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-30-15 12:01 AM
    Lollipop is a Downgrade from bb10, not and upgrade....
    Lol!

Posted from an ME173X
    08-30-15 12:02 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry has enough resources to keep bb10 and Android going. My hope is that they are reconfiguring bb10 in a way acceptable to Google that enables integration of Android and full use of Google play and its services without impacting security. This would be the best that could happen. On hardware, I think we are looking at a Samsung partnership for some phones. I imagine BlackBerry could still make a passport and classic profitable with new hardware. The future can be good for BlackBerry if it can pull this off..

Posted via CB10
    CSV11 likes this.
    08-30-15 12:20 AM
    They can supply android to average consumer, bb10 for enterprise or governments

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 01:29 AM
    They can supply android to average consumer, bb10 for enterprise or governments

Posted via CB10
    In a perfect world, yes. But they probably don't have enough resources for that scenario.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-30-15 01:53 AM
    There's also a thread like this. Why do you have to post another one when you can just continue discussing on the first thread? It's annoying that this Android rumors are proliferating this forum. Why don't you post it in Android Central?

Posted via CB10
    anon9347040 likes this.
    08-30-15 01:59 AM
    It will not be an update. It will be a shame and downgrade to use Android lollipop. I won't care if BlackBerry does so, or not. I will stick to BlackBerry 10. If people do get their wish realized,meaning Android on Passport (or any other BlackBerry 10 device), they will start to complain about how bad BlackBerry is handling the camera. There is always something for Android users to complain about their devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 02:40 AM
    Who cares? It's made to run bb10 well so I'd rather not concern myself with 'what ifs' & enjoy it as intended.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 03:02 AM
    Doods be hatin', confused cuz their McMoobs be achin'.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 03:36 AM
    Maybe the option of Lollipop will be available for all previous BB10 devices?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    That will be nice

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 04:00 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry has enough resources to keep bb10 and Android going. My hope is that they are reconfiguring bb10 in a way acceptable to Google that enables integration of Android and full use of Google play and its services without impacting security. This would be the best that could happen. On hardware, I think we are looking at a Samsung partnership for some phones. I imagine BlackBerry could still make a passport and classic profitable with new hardware. The future can be good for BlackBerry if it can pull this off..

Posted via CB10
    Points well taken.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 05:05 AM
    I don't see what 3GB of RAM has to do with anything. My Nexus 7 runs Lollipop just fine on 1.5GB, the same that my Z30 has
    08-30-15 07:34 AM
    I don't see what 3GB of RAM has to do with anything. My Nexus 7 runs Lollipop just fine on 1.5GB, the same that my Z30 has
    Neither your Nexus 7 nor your Z30 pack 1.5GB of RAM. It's 2 or 1 (if you own the 2012 Nexus Model ).

Via Pasta CB10
    08-30-15 07:50 AM
    Option of dual booting to BlackBerry 10 and Android will be the best of both world.
    The best of both worlds would not be a dual boot, but being able to switch between BB10 and Android like switching between work and personal spaces/modes in BB10 without rebooting.

I would love to have my work on BB10 with its all security and productivity features and personal on Android with all available apps from Google Play Store and with Google Play Services.

Anyone likes the idea?
    moegh likes this.
    08-30-15 08:48 AM
    Even if it doesn't have 3gb ram? Most android devices have 2gb of ram

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    3 GB of RAM is luxury for Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:23 AM
    Z30 runs on 2 GB of RAM.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:25 AM
    Lollipop is a Downgrade from bb10, not and upgrade....
    Lol!

Posted from an ME173X
    To be perfectly clear, as an OS, it is a downgrade. As a platform, it is a huge upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    matthewkuhl and w_scott like this.
    08-30-15 11:12 AM
    Neither your Nexus 7 nor your Z30 pack 1.5GB of RAM. It's 2 or 1 (if you own the 2012 Nexus Model ).

Via Pasta CB10
    Dang, I was wrong on both devices, lol. Guess my phone and tablet are better than I thought
    08-30-15 04:38 PM
    It will be awesome if passport also gets android updates, but I doubt it because slider sale will be affected by that. Blackberry wants people to buy slider to make money!
    ch64 likes this.
    08-30-15 05:47 PM
    The best of both worlds would not be a dual boot, but being able to switch between BB10 and Android like switching between work and personal spaces/modes in BB10 without rebooting.

I would love to have my work on BB10 with its all security and productivity features and personal on Android with all available apps from Google Play Store and with Google Play Services.

Anyone likes the idea?
    Be practical man.
    08-30-15 06:00 PM
85 1234