I think all of us who are loving our Q10 and are thinking about the Passport would like to know if those of you who have jumped to the passport already miss your Q10?

I know the prestige of the new device causes some to automatically respond about how great it is, but deep down, really, was it worth the money and the switch?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:46 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport >>>>>>>>>>>> q10

Bold 9900,z10,q10,z30/iphone 5.... now Passport

Passport is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:51 PM
    I loved my Q10 and wondered essentially the same thing, even posting in the Q10 forum yesterday.

A few hours later I purchased my Passport, still with a fair bit of this doubt. But a day later, it is gone. I love the Passport and the Q10 already feels a bit strange when I pick it up.

But despite this I realize it may not be like this for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    clipskid and Timbosaurus like this.
    09-27-14 08:56 PM
    Not yet. Ok, maybe the one-handed typing *just* a bit, but this keyboard is so much better feeling and the large screen has grown on me. It fits easy in any pocket, and the shutter speed is ridiculously fast. I'm very happy.
    09-27-14 09:36 PM
    The Q10 feels so small in comparison now. I have picked up my Q10 everyday since I've had my Passport, and the keys just seem so cramped, the screen so small.

I thought the Q10 was the ultimate BlackBerry experience, but I think the Passport has it beat. Every single thing that BlackBerry hyped is real. The keyboard is just amazing, and I'm just so proud of BlackBerry for really innovating with it. It's not like something you swipe on a few times until the novelty wears off... it's not part of my everyday life and I don't know if I'll want the Classic anymore since it doesn't have this keyboard. The screen is vibrant, the colors display so beautifully. The Passport is in a class of its own, and while my Q10s were great for the time I had them, it's the Passport that I now can't imagine being without.

Q10 users, join us. It's okay to grow and evolve with BlackBerry. If you don't like it, you could always go back to your Q10 or wait for the Classic. The Passport is the first BlackBerry in a while that truly amazes me. When I'm showing people it, I can't stop smiling, whereas before, the Q10 was just a bread and butter BlackBerry with standard specs. The Passport is fancy and I even blurted out, "THIS is the best phone out there!" and when my coworkers were talking about the iPhone bending, I pointed at my Passport's side and said, "Stainless steel is VERY hard to bend."

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:57 PM
    Nice! Thanks for a detailed post. I do plan to get one, but keep battling that part of me that says you already have a bigtime Q10.

Posted via CB10
    brox1bear likes this.
    09-27-14 10:06 PM
    I would agree with the others. The Q10 is fine. Until you've used the passport. My very first impression unboxing my passport was woah, this thing is bigger than I wanted. The next day it felt normal. Like the others, I tried out my q10 then and was amazed at how often you have to scroll and maneuver the screen to display all the content. Chen was right about the passport, it fits an amazing amount of text on it. I find myself doing things on the passport I would've normally reached for my tablet or laptop for. It is a portable powerhouse. Initially I felt it was just a larger version of the Q10, but it really is more than that. It does everything the Q did but better and more. Blend (although it will come to Q) is excellent. Now I can stay in touch with friends in class while taking notes on my laptop instead of paying attention. Thanks blackberry (joke). Overall the passport is pretty excellent.
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    09-27-14 10:47 PM
    Heck no. screw that screen size and mid - low tier specs
    09-27-14 10:59 PM
    The only thing I miss about my Q10 is typing one handed while carrying a coffee (a few years ago I would have said while driving too but that's bad) but I'm trying to be okay with being unplugged while walking with coffee and maybe that's not such a bad thing!

As far as everything else "working wide" is pretty awesome, and the battery life is amazing, I am not looking back. I will still keep my q10 and then if someday I am traveling and really need to type one handed I can downgrade

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:16 PM
    Romance period. Let me know in 1 month

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:17 PM
    I had the Z30 for months but loved the idea of the passport. I wasn't sure if I could get used to a physical keyboard after the amazing job BlackBerry did with the keyboard on the Z30. So i bought a Q10 and tried it for two weeks. I lied the Z30 keyboard much better but I couldn't pass up on the Passport and I bought it anyway. I like it way better than the Q10 and i think in a day or so i will enjoy this keyboard more than that of the Z30.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    09-28-14 12:57 AM
    I don't yet but wouldn't lie that thught of passport but I like the Q10 and wud stick with it

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:00 AM
    I loved my q10 but now I have the passport with its beefy specs, I'm not sure I'd be able to go back to the Q. Much as I love the form factor. The passport is slightly too big for my liking but not to the point where it is unusable. It's literally just taking me longer to get used to than any other phone I have had before, but in a way I quite like that.

It's not like an iPhone where you pick it up and that's it. Nothing interesting, same old same old. The Passport is a device that just wants to be picked up, held Looked at etc.

I can't put mine down. I love that the bigger screen now gives me access to apps like Netflix that run so well on the Passport. Even the zoom out function makes some apps that were terrible on the Q10 run wonderfully.

Also the keypad, though takes some getting used to is so revolutionary with the track pad built in. It just makes text input really smooth and a joy. Depute feeling cramped at first!

So yeah, no regrets, love my Passport and think I will continue to love it the more and more I get to grips with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:50 AM
    The only thing I miss about the q10 is the compact size. This of course speaks to its benefit of form and a clear limitation of the screen size. Before with the q10 I would reach for my ipad more for screen real estate, but now with passport, the overall screen space is just great. Couple that with the speed of searches...

There's no question that it is a wide device, which brings some cons that we know. But once you use it, I think that the pros win out. I think it's like any new device that changes the form factor (ie iPhone 6 plus) - clearly you have to make some adjustments to your prior ways of doing things.

Loving working wide / the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:06 AM
    I thought the Q10 was the ultimate BlackBerry experience, but I think the Passport has it beat. Every single thing that BlackBerry hyped is real. The keyboard is just amazing, and I'm just so proud of BlackBerry for really innovating with it. It's not like something you swipe on a few times until the novelty wears off... it's not part of my everyday life and I don't know if I'll want the Classic anymore since it doesn't have this keyboard0
    Could you please prove it to me with this test:
    Passport typing video? Please? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I need it before make any order or pre-order... it's very important to me to see other people composing a real message with it.
    09-28-14 05:33 AM
    Q10 feels small and slow in comparison to the Passport. The processor and extra ram make a huge difference in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:34 AM
    All these comments are making me think that there will be no regrets jumping to the Passport. Now just waiting on ATT to launch!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:42 AM
    The only thing I'm going to miss is one hand typing and doing stuff on the move.

You won't be able to do that with the Passport. Other than that, I have bad memories with my Q10 with all the double typing issues and how long it took to get it fixed.

And the Q10 is pretty heavy phone for one hand.

So I won't miss it much, out with the old, in with the new!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:35 AM
    Just got a perfect brand new Q10 replacement from Rogers. No double typing, bright screen, no squeak in the left corner.
    Love the screen of the Passport but given I'm not consuming a ton of media and mostly messaging I think I may resist the temptation to upgrade for a while...particularly since the OS is the same and the Q10 fits so nicely in a hand and pocket.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-28-14 02:17 PM
    I went from the Q10 to the Passport and agree with the previous comments on those who have switched. I couldn't be happier. Bought mine unlocked and am on AT&T. I kept my Q10 and it does seem like a dwarf now. Why work in that tight space when you can have more room? The Passport easily fits in my shirt pocket, and it doesn't feel strange holding it up to my ear for a call. The screen is awesome. I am still getting used to typing as the keyboard is different, but I expect to at least get as fast as I was on the Q10 eventually. The only negative I see so far is that I usually run holding my phone, and the Passport seems a little unwieldy for that. But maybe it won't be after I get more used to it - and get a decent case.
    09-28-14 02:32 PM
    Only thing I miss is the one hand typing as stated above. However it's not even on my mind because the screen is greeeeeeeat!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:01 PM
    Could you please prove it to me with this test:
    Passport typing video? Please? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I need it before make any order or pre-order... it's very important to me to see other people composing a real message with it.
    Prove it to you? haha um.. I don't have a video camera, so I guess you're just going to have to believe me. Why would I lie about the Passport's keyboard? I thought this device was obscene when I first saw images of it, I voted it Ugly in all the polls here and on other sites. I am happy to be wrong about this phone, but I don't have a way to "prove it" to you.
    09-28-14 04:37 PM
    I loved the first official images (the ones on July).

You could use your Passport camera for... no, wait...
    09-28-14 05:36 PM
    Since I put my hands on this Passport my Q10 feels antiquated. I am so into the Passport's sticky keyboard. With the scrolling and swiping features this phone is serious "business".

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:45 PM
    I love my Q10, dont know if I gonna grab the Passport with this 3row Keyboard ....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 10-07-14 at 02:11 AM.
    10-06-14 11:06 PM
31 12