I only use the hub aswell, only use the actual apps if i have to change some settings or so. Hub is why i love bb10 over other OS's

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:45 AM
    Yeah I have this problem too with BBM. It's especially bad after I've been using BBM through blend for a bit. It will sit there and painfully load all the lines of messages to "catch" the phone up. Pretty annoying in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:46 AM
    the issue here is that people want things to happen in an instant. That is why we have instant coffee, instant this and instant that. No matter if the phone needs to load hundreds if not thousands of bbm messages. The longer the thread, the longer it takes for the phone to load no matter how fast the phone.

It might help if we clear the chat conversations once in a while so they don't grow too long. Or maybe, BB can write the code for BBM to load only the last few messages.
    03-30-15 06:52 AM
    It might help if we clear the chat conversations once in a while so they don't grow too long. Or maybe, BB can write the code for BBM to load only the last few messages.
    It should be loading from the end, then caching everything else in the background while you read the most recent messages.
    It's silly that they would ever do it any other way. It's basic database management. You never downloaded an entire table, you only ask for what you need and in the order that you want it.
    03-30-15 07:18 AM
    It's amazing to me how I've never noticed this before. It just goes to show how little I foray beyond the HUB for messaging. For people that really have embraced the HUB in their workflow, this is of little consequence apparently.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-30-15 07:24 AM
    It's amazing to me how I've never noticed this before. It just goes to show how little I foray beyond the HUB for messaging. For people that really have embraced the HUB in their workflow, this is of little consequence apparently.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    How are you duplicating this? I will bug report it if I can duplicate it.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 07:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't been able to replicate it personally. I simple don't venture at length outside of the HUB for my communications, so I don't build up these giant queues of messages apparently.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-30-15 07:45 AM
    I haven't been able to replicate it personally. I simple don't venture at length outside of the HUB for my communications, so I don't build up these giant queues of messages apparently.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Weird, I have bbm groups and bbm conversations exceeding 500 lines probably even tripling it and I can't seem to replicate it. I'm trying hard to though.

OP: are you saving your chats (under bbm settings)? Im trying duplicate your issue but I can't seem to do it. The hub chats scroll just like the chats in my bbm.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 07:59 AM
    Weird, I have bbm groups and bbm conversations exceeding 500 lines probably even tripling it and I can't seem to replicate it. I'm trying hard to though.

OP: are you saving your chats (under bbm settings)? Im trying duplicate your issue but I can't seem to do it. The hub chats scroll just like the chats in my bbm.

Posted via CB10
    If I understand the issue, stay out of your HUB for a couple of days. Use the BBM app for your communications. Once you've built up a few long conversations, then try opening them up in the HUB. It will scroll through everything you did since the last time you viewed that conversation from the HUB.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-30-15 08:22 AM
    It's simple to duplicate. Open an active BBM conversation in the Hub and note the location. Then close it. Now go into BBM and continue that same conversation from within BBM and send several messages back and forth (not one or two as that wont' be noticeable). When you're done, go back to the Hub and open that same message. You will notice that message in the Hub will now scroll through the conversation to catch up with the conversation you had directly in BBM.
    03-30-15 09:09 AM
    It's simple to duplicate. Open an active BBM conversation in the Hub and note the location. Then close it. Now go into BBM and continue that same conversation from within BBM and send several messages back and forth (not one or two as that wont' be noticeable). When you're done, go back to the Hub and open that same message. You will notice that message in the Hub will now scroll through the conversation to catch up with the conversation you had directly in BBM.
    If I understand the issue, stay out of your HUB for a couple of days. Use the BBM app for your communications. Once you've built up a few long conversations, then try opening them up in the HUB. It will scroll through everything you did since the last time you viewed that conversation from the HUB.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    thanks
    03-30-15 09:13 AM
    This happened on my Z10 for a very limited time. It only effected BBM and was resolved by clearing the chat history. Never happened again and my passport has never exhibited such behavior.
    03-30-15 09:21 AM
    I have no idea what you're talking about. The HUB is my favourite OS feature out here.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Ditto!
    03-30-15 09:57 AM
    I don't know what you're talking about either. I can't imagine doing it any other way than through the hub.

BB Proud
    03-30-15 09:59 AM
    Not necessarily. I have three clean installs, that suffer through this event. Two Z10 - Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.281, and my Q10 exhibit this effect. Please don't say it's because I'm using a "leak" or beta. Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    So you didn't try what I said to try, but you insist that you're having a problem.
    What exactly is a clean install to you?
    A security wipe ? Sic? Autoloader ?
    None of those are a clean install. Don't ask me why, but the only clean install you will get is reloading OS using BlackBerry link.

I know sometimes the hub takes a second to open texts, but I haven't seen the 'scrolling forever ' bug for a looooong time. If you see it often, try a real clean install.

And you're using a beta, it's not even a leak, it's a straight-up beta lol. Not sure what you expect, less problems?
    03-30-15 10:05 AM
    I never opened a message outside the HUB!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:14 AM
    Scrolling happens to me on BBM maybe once a week. I don't use the hub except to receive emails. I find the hub highly annoying it's by far my #one complaint . I would happily turn it off if I could .

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:08 AM
    I have no idea what you're talking about. The HUB is my favourite OS feature out here.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 01:13 PM
    I never open messages from applications.

Since the message I will open is often on the top of the HUB list, I go for the hub unless I have to answer to two persons.

Then I tip-tap from HUB to app and viceversa or open two tiles to open the one app or the other alternatively....
    03-30-15 02:18 PM
    Why would I ever want to not open messages from the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 03:56 PM
    Why would I ever want to not open messages from the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    Some people think swiping left is very difficult lol.
    03-30-15 05:41 PM
    So you didn't try what I said to try, but you insist that you're having a problem.
    What exactly is a clean install to you?
    A security wipe ? Sic? Autoloader ?
    None of those are a clean install. Don't ask me why, but the only clean install you will get is reloading OS using BlackBerry link.

I know sometimes the hub takes a second to open texts, but I haven't seen the 'scrolling forever ' bug for a looooong time. If you see it often, try a real clean install.

And you're using a beta, it's not even a leak, it's a straight-up beta lol. Not sure what you expect, less problems?
    You're cute!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-15 09:43 PM
    Scrolling happens to me on BBM maybe once a week. I don't use the hub except to receive emails. I find the hub highly annoying it's by far my #one complaint . I would happily turn it off if I could .

Posted via CB10
    You don't find it annoying to look for the app, open it, tap on the message, reply, minimise the app, close it... lots of steps!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 10:04 PM
    It's not only read a message outside the HUB.

I have this problem with BBM and text messaging, whatsapp etc..

It's because when I'm talking via text messaging, BBM or WhatsApp, I'm not using the hub, because I'm using Internet via the browser. So I use the quick reply most of the time instead of swipping to the HUB.

But when I'm too slow to respond via the quick reply I have to go to the HUB to respond, and then it does what the OP said.

If for exemple i have not open the conversation from the HUB for a long time, sometimes the text messaging app stay stuck for a long time. It's very annoying.

I don't want to always have to use the HUB to reply to someone, I like to do many thing in the same time with my Q10 and the quick reply is great for this, you are on the browser, or using an app or whatever, you can reply and continue to do your thing.

But when you have to go in the HUB to continue the conversation, and you see your phone struggling to catch up and even be stuck, it's not great.

Posted via my Q10
    04-01-15 05:12 AM
    It's not only read a message outside the HUB.

I have this problem with BBM and text messaging, whatsapp etc..

It's because when I'm talking via text messaging, BBM or WhatsApp, I'm not using the hub, because I'm using Internet via the browser. So I use the quick reply most of the time instead of swipping to the HUB.

But when I'm too slow to respond via the quick reply I have to go to the HUB to respond, and then it does what the OP said.

If for exemple i have not open the conversation from the HUB for a long time, sometimes the text messaging app stay stuck for a long time. It's very annoying.

I don't want to always have to use the HUB to reply to someone, I like to do many thing in the same time with my Q10 and the quick reply is great for this, you are on the browser, or using an app or whatever, you can reply and continue to do your thing.

But when you have to go in the HUB to continue the conversation, and you see your phone struggling to catch up and even be stuck, it's not great.

Posted via my Q10
    Which Device & OS?

I have some enormous (eg > 500 pages when copied to MS Word in 10pt font) BBM & WhatsApp conversations on my Passport (and previously on my Q10) and have never had these issues.

However, I don't message using the Internet via Browser, so maybe this is the issue?
    04-01-15 07:47 AM
78 1234