Yes I see it too especially when opening BBM from the on screen message notifications. It's actually very annoying and have gotten quite a few WTFs from friends watching me open the message.
    03-29-15 08:54 AM
    Strangely, BBM hub integration is worse than the integration of any other messaging technology (text, email). You can't do everything that 'native' BBM can do when you are in the hub. Example: BBM group messages cannot be created from within the hub, but they can be read and answered to. And there are more omissions like that. So a user actually has to think it over, before deciding on whether to use the hub or native BBM: '...what am I going to do....can I do that in the hub....no....ok so let's open the BBM app....'. Very counter productive.

This is quite silly. BB should take care of their own products to offer the very best integration into the hub.

Other than that, I like the hub, don't have any lags, and wouldn't even know where to manage eg emails on a BB10 device, but in the hub.
    03-29-15 08:56 AM
    I've experienced it constantly. If I open BBM from the hub, I have to wait for messages to lag and scroll way down to the bottom. It's been like this on more than one phone as I said. It takes about 10-15 seconds for it to actually get to go the bottom of the convo so that I can respond. This is on the Passport now, which surprised me, because it's supposed to be really sharp.

Posted via CB10
    I had this exact problem after doing an in place upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2. I also had the problem if I restored my data from 10.1 to a 10.2 OS. The hub stays white and the scroll bar animates for a while and then your messages pop up all of the sudden.

The technical reason is that they changed the way messages are stored in 10.2+ and for some reason converting data from 10.1 just doesn't seem to work.

My recommendation is to backup any data that isn't in the cloud (e.g. Contacts, email) with an app like "Fire Chest Backup" or their pro version "Backup Pro".

Then wipe your phone and start fresh. You can use the BlackBerry Link software on your computer to reload the OS. Unless your comfortable using an autoloader you can find here on the forums.

Finally restore any data you'd like, but don't restore any messages.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:16 AM
    The issue the OP describes has absolutely nothing to do with back-ups or restores or OS versions or BBM versions. That's the behaviour the Hub exhibits when you send messages directly from an app and then go back and open the message from the Hub. The Hub message will scroll continuously from the last spot the message was at when last opened from the Hub to catch up to any messages that were sent directly from the app. This happens to me all the time with BBM.

It's very annoying and I have reported it to the BBM Beta Zone before but alas, nothing has been done about it and not sure if anything will ever get done.

The only way to avoid the problem is to always use the Hub and not send messages directly from BBM or any app that exhibits this nuisance. If you send messages directly from BBM or any other app, the Hub will then need to catch up when you open that message.
    greenberry666 and Katika99 like this.
    03-29-15 10:25 AM
    No issues here...what's more convenient than using the HUB?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:42 AM
    The issue the OP describes has absolutely nothing to do with back-ups or restores or OS versions or BBM versions. That's the behaviour the Hub exhibits when you send messages directly from an app and then go back and open the message from the Hub. The Hub message will scroll continuously from the last spot the message was at when last opened from the Hub to catch up to any messages that were sent directly from the app. This happens to me all the time with BBM.

It's very annoying and I have reported it to the BBM Beta Zone before but alas, nothing has been done about it and not sure if anything will ever get done.

The only way to avoid the problem is to always use the Hub and not send messages directly from BBM or any app that exhibits this nuisance. If you send messages directly from BBM or any other app, the Hub will then need to catch up when you open that message.
    It also happens when you use blend and chat a lot, when you open BBM on the phone from the hub it does this catching up.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-29-15 10:45 AM
    It also happens when you use blend and chat a lot, when you open BBM on the phone from the hub it does this catching up.
    Absolutely. It will exhibit this behaviour anytime messages have been sent from outside the Hub.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-29-15 10:48 AM
    Absolutely. It will exhibit this behaviour anytime messages have been sent from outside the Hub.
    This is what I have experienced also.
    03-29-15 01:54 PM
    On all three of the BlackBerry 10 phones I've owned (Z10, Z31, and Passport), I've found that opening messages from the hub is just too much hassle, as the darn thing starts scrolling down for ages, stalling and lagging like mad. It's a real shame, and at first I thought it was just a bug - but on three phones?

Do you guys avoid opening from the hub for the same reasons?

Posted via CB10
    I can feel you. For that reason I do have my personal Butler. Everytime a message comes, he takes care of that. Easy.
    03-29-15 01:58 PM
    You should once in awhile end your BBM chat to clear the history of that single person chat. BBM lags over time because it's trying to load up you entire history with that person every time you open up the conversation.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    03-29-15 03:14 PM
    I have no issues with the Hub, in fact I love it.

Now I clear everything once a week other than emails, those keep for 2 months.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 03:22 PM
    No problems

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    03-29-15 03:29 PM
    Have Z10 & Passport Have never seen the problem that you describes, my messages open right up. totally lost
    03-29-15 05:21 PM
    The Hub is the reason I have stayed with BlackBerry. I've grown to Love the efficiency of other aspects of BB10.

� T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 � � Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2708 �
    Now I'm back to Blackberry from Iphone6.

Posted via Blackberry Classic
    03-29-15 06:57 PM
    I only hub. Unless I need to start a convo that can't be started via the hub, like BBM group chats

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:13 PM
    Never knew about pinch to see unread only!!! Wow every day I learn new cool things about this phone!

Red BlackBerry Passport
    03-29-15 07:16 PM
    No problem with the hub on my Classic

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:36 PM
    On all three of the BlackBerry 10 phones I've owned (Z10, Z31, and Passport), I've found that opening messages from the hub is just too much hassle, as the darn thing starts scrolling down for ages, stalling and lagging like mad. It's a real shame, and at first I thought it was just a bug - but on three phones?

Do you guys avoid opening from the hub for the same reasons?

Posted via CB10
    I have a question for you. Why do you still own a blackberry?
    The software is kind of half baked but people love the HUB and that is what's clinging them to BB10.
    Although, i do think the HUB is due for an overhaul, not much has changed in the past 2 years and before they didn't have any competitors.

Personally, if I didn't like the HUB and pkb i would have been using a different phone a long time ago.
    03-29-15 07:53 PM
    I notice this with Sms messages. It's very annoying. It flashes and scrolls. Not cool

Posted via CB10
    i use BBM for everything since I live in Waterloo. No one has a BlackBerry but everyone has BBM here.

so i have no idea about the sms glitches
    03-29-15 07:57 PM
    I only hub. Unless I need to start a convo that can't be started via the hub, like BBM group chats

Posted via CB10
    isn't group chats continuous or do you exit them?
    03-29-15 07:58 PM
    yes, i know what you mean. it only happens to me when I reply a lot from my BBM app and not from the hub, then when I open the same conversation in the hub, it updates and scrolls to the bottom to catch up where I left off.

This is one of the pros and cons of QNX, it is a real time operating system. It cannot just jump to one state to another, everything has to go through its normal steps and procedures. For example, scrolling to the top or bottom of a page/hub using the physical keyboard, by pressing T or B on the old BlackBerry, it jumps to it right away, but on BB10, pressing T or B just activates a macro that does the scrolling for you automatically.

QNX is a double edged sword
    03-29-15 10:32 PM
    The Hub is one of my favorite features of BlackBerry 10, and I can't imagine life without it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:38 PM
    My hub used to lag. Then I re-loaded the OS (and didn't load the back up) and now it's fast as Sonic the Hedgehog.
    03-30-15 12:49 AM
    The way to avoid this problem (and it is a pain when it happens) is to use the Hub exclusively, then it is always up-to-date.

If for example you build up a 200 line conversation over time in BlackBerry Messenger using the app rather than the Hub, then enter the conversation via the hub, you get this awfully annoying scrolling that can take a long time to get to the bottom. It doesn't seem to happen the other way around though.
    rhitdoph likes this.
    03-30-15 02:04 AM
    ... you can pinch to see only unopened mail, expand to see all emails
    Omg I've had my Q10 a year now and I never knew this before! Thanks for the tip

 Once you go BlackBerry you never go back...Berry 
    03-30-15 05:26 AM
78 1234