I searched the topic and didn't see any particular threads about how folks feel about the BlackBerry Assistant in "Full Assistance" mode.

Not having used any "assistant-type" of technology, I'm a tad reluctant to have contacts and other data automatically loaded to BlackBerry servers.

Everything spoken in to the Assistant is recorded(?)

Just curious. I'm not over-noidal... but not entirely comfortable with the idea... perhaps without warrant (pun intended! Ha)

Since I've not used technology like this before, I'm curious how frequently folks actually use the Assistant.

Input appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 05:03 AM
    I don't. I don't like storing anything in the cloud. Not even BlackBerry 's cloud, and certainly not my voice.
    10-30-15 07:14 AM
    What server?
    10-30-15 02:56 PM
    Anyone? I guessed there would be more feedback... anybody else?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:16 PM
    I use it frequently. I've never really given the "security" of it a thought before. Mainly, I only really use it for reading and sending text messages while driving. It's not often sensitive information that I'd think twice about whether or not it's being stored in a cloud somewhere.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-31-15 07:31 PM
    Secure? Nothing we do on our electronic devices is secure. I've come to terms with that.

I do use the Assistant - mostly to run through my calendar for me and to give me weather info.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-31-15 08:05 PM
    Anyone? I guessed there would be more feedback... anybody else?

Posted via CB10
    You may get more replies if you put this in a General BB subforum. The Passport owners are only a portion of total BB10 users.
    10-31-15 08:06 PM
    I'm not sure how to move the thread... is that a moderator role?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:11 PM
    I actually don't use assistant just because I don't really need to use it. I never thought about the security factor but I wouldn't use that as an excuse to not use it.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-31-15 10:51 PM