Since I bought it (any phone my passport included), it's on since day one only goes off if I needed to change sim card and that's not necessary with the passport! ... that's the case with my laptops aswell lol.. always on 24/7

CB10 Passporter
    01-05-15 08:54 AM
    @Bobshine Interesting point... So how comes that BB decided to off charging mode with OS 10? For me its a benefit anyway... to be honest,i didnt notice any shorter battery life or less performance ever...

Aquila non captat muscas
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-15 08:56 AM
    @Bobshine Interesting point... So how comes that BB decided to off charging mode with OS 10? For me its a benefit anyway... to be honest,i didnt notice any shorter battery life or less performance ever...

Aquila non captat muscas
    Off charging mode? I don't think it changes when it's off... even if it does, I think you have to force the phone to "off" since it turns on as soon as you plug it in (if I recall correctly).

Anyway, you won't see a performance difference but like with all electronics, and I insist, with all of them, they are designed to be always on!

My TV never shuts off... it only goes into standby mode and flips on instantly. My monitors at work too, Cisco IP phones too are always on... My laptop at work is always on... there's not even an off button, just standby and sleep.

My cable box is always on, my home HVAC system is always on, sound system is always on.

So why would a smartphone be the exception? Where do we get this idea that we have to turn it off??? Even old fashion landlines are always on!

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    01-05-15 10:28 PM
    But imo in off mode it charges faster and because of my job i go to sleep twice a day,i need a full charged fone when i get up. Also,imo batteries need some rest,unlike tv,hifi which have got no batteries. Off charging works great with OS10 devices,the flash icon appears and blinking led,so its just like at any other mobiles,not like at former BB mobiles with the mentioned trick,when you plugged in.

Aquila non captat muscas
    01-06-15 05:52 AM
    But imo in off mode it charges faster and because of my job i go to sleep twice a day,i need a full charged fone when i get up. Also,imo batteries need some rest,unlike tv,hifi which have got no batteries. Off charging works great with OS10 devices,the flash icon appears and blinking led,so its just like at any other mobiles,not like at former BB mobiles with the mentioned trick,when you plugged in.

Aquila non captat muscas
    Batteries need rest? New innovation in electronics or something?
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-06-15 06:02 AM
    I charge mine in sleep mode, with the orange glowing clock beside me as I bed down for the night.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    01-06-15 06:05 AM
    I remember legacy devices I owned (9780 & 9800) don't have the capability to turn off itself (except battery pull like Bob said). Even it is off, you'll notice it is still alive and active. Not sure with BlackBerry 10 devices.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-06-15 08:03 AM
    Those are complete off,there is the charging icon and the led stops blinking when battery is fully charged.

Aquila non captat muscas
    01-06-15 08:31 AM
    I rarely turn off my Z10, but when it does. Turn off (because it died) and I do connect it to a charger, within 20 minutes the charge is at least 60% won't do that with it on.
    I see where the OP is coming from it does charge faster off, but it is really not necessary to turn it off just to charge unless you just want it off.

Brought to you by the fab Z10 on CB10
    01-06-15 08:44 AM
    I rarely turn off my Z10, but when it does. Turn off (because it died) and I do connect it to a charger, within 20 minutes the charge is at least 60% won't do that with it on.
    I see where the OP is coming from it does charge faster off, but it is really not necessary to turn it off just to charge unless you just want it off.

Brought to you by the fab Z10 on CB10
    You can also charge in airplane mode and it's very fast too!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-06-15 09:44 AM
35 12