Posted via CB10
    10-03-17 03:10 AM
    10-03-17 03:25 AM
    But that's only till this year

Posted via CB10
    10-03-17 03:42 AM
    Many people are facing problems on configurate WA on BB10. It appears a message saying that the app needs to be updated,....but there is no update available.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-17 05:26 AM
    But that's only till this year

Posted via CB10
    Yup... Unless WhatsApp decides again to extend the deadline.
    10-03-17 05:29 AM
    i hope i can use pp with whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    10-03-17 07:14 AM
    Many people are facing problems on configurate WA on BB10. It appears a message saying that the app needs to be updated,....but there is no update available.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue on my Passport. But no biggie, I only use the PP for work on BES now. Using the K1 as my personal/work blend. I can't get work emails on the K1 but can use all the MS apps like OneDrive for Business and SharePoint.
    10-03-17 08:19 AM
    Whatapp does not support blackberry passport. After 31 Dec 2017???

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 08:45 AM
    Whatapp does not support blackberry passport. After 31 Dec 2017???

Posted via CB10
    They won't support any BB10 device after that date unless there's another extension. You can use the Android app after that but it's unsupported on BB10.
    10-05-17 10:08 AM
    Just reinstated the OS on my passport yesterday and WhatsApp is working flawless, the native app. Let's use it until we can...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 10:48 AM
    Hope they can extend with fully updated with video calls, star message and quote message.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-05-17 10:00 PM
    Hope they can extend with fully updated with video calls, star message and quote message.

Definitely not happening

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 01:06 AM

There won't even be bug fixes anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 04:04 PM
    Are users new and old getting these messages even if they download the latest version on BlackBerry World?

Anybody know why this would occur?

I am hesitating but I may go ahead and download WhatsApp to appease some friends for when I travel but I don't want to download the app and have it cease to work by the end of the year. I may wait until the end of the year and see if they extend the service again as it will allow me to extend my use of BlackBerry 10. All ever need is the browser, calls, texts, emails and messaging to work. The apps I have on the platform work great at the moment so fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 05:51 PM
    So I could tell that if you have new bbid, whatsapp will not work. On the same device with old id, which had whatsapp installed previously, same binary from app world register and work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 06:02 PM
    Are users new and old getting these messages even if they download the latest version on BlackBerry World?

Anybody know why this would occur?

I am hesitating but I may go ahead and download WhatsApp to appease some friends for when I travel but I don't want to download the app and have it cease to work by the end of the year. I may wait until the end of the year and see if they extend the service again as it will allow me to extend my use of BlackBerry 10. All ever need is the browser, calls, texts, emails and messaging to work. The apps I have on the platform work great at the moment so fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    Which messages?

If you have a use for WhatsApp you might as well download it. If/when the native app stops working you should still be able to install the Android version on BB10 (although it's not officially supported by WhatsApp).
    10-06-17 06:10 PM
    Which messages?

If you have a use for WhatsApp you might as well download it. If/when the native app stops working you should still be able to install the Android version on BB10 (although it's not officially supported by WhatsApp).

Some users are reporting an error message or to download the latest version

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 06:18 PM
    Some users are reporting an error message or to download the latest version

Posted via CB10
    I believe most of the errors were from Android or iOS users that enabled two factor authentication and are trying to switch to the native BB10 app (as the native app doesn't support 2FA).

If you don't have a WhatsApp account yet I assume you wouldn't get any similar issues but worst case scenario you could always just install the Android app.

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olved-1108531/
    10-07-17 02:56 PM
    Counting to the last message about the ability of using whatsapp on bbos10 only with the old bbid. No, it works not that way. Whatsapp will work only, if you registered previously on the different OS on your current phone number (I used Symbian Belle Whatsapp previously on the same phone number, so it works fine). In any others way, app won't let you to complete the registration process. So if you new to the whatsapp, forget about using it on your bbos device.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 04:06 PM
    Not exactly. Same number was used by whatsapp on iOS and Android. Creating new bbid and trying to register - no luck. Entering same number under old bbid on the same phone and voila, working fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 08:45 PM